News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Credit Report/Score

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 27, April, 2014, 12:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

(Here's hoping this is a tech topic. Otherwise, this might go in Open Discussion, but we can still discuss how technology is going forward with how people can be confirmed as having good credit.)

It's possible that people who do not borrow money may not have a credit report... And I am not sure if people outside the U.S. have this type of thing or not. (I mean I'm not sure how all this works.)

From what it looks like, you can get a free annual credit report from three companies if you go to: annualcreditreport.com (When I googled, I saw this site linked from a .gov website, so I assume it's legit.)

This topic is mainly to answer these questions:
Does anyone here check out their Credit Report/Score. If so, how often? (And when would be the time you'd check?)
And if you do check up on it, which options do you take? (Ex: Major Credit Baeraus: Equilfax, Experian, TransUnion)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

?  Wouldn't this be better in the General Discussion thread?

Anywho, on the nature of credit reports, up until very recently I was a ghost - I had like, no debt.  Now that I've gotten a loan to get my bed, I imagine mine's fairly decent, on account of making every payment on time and above minimum.

Yes, but then if you consider social networking accounts could affect your credit somehow... (Or so I may have read in many tech blogs.) - Yes, companies do searches to know if you are trustworthy or not... Like looking at your friends list.

Pretty much, it made knowing which forum I should put this in a little bit harder. (And I recon we'll end up talking about tech here, anyways...)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Of which I have none.  Well, I guess maybe Raptr, but I really don't have any social media things, especially not in my real name.  But yeah, social media most certainly has an effect on these things.  It's even more reason to make sure you police yourself when you post on those things.

Sounds good. I have a feeling they're most likely to check it for people with no credit? ; I also theorize that there's a chance that having a social media account could also be beneficial IF you know what you're doing... Often times, I think we don't know what we're doing. ; Pretty much, use it as though it's a Professional Profile from your job, I guess? ; If it was me, I'd recommend making everything private, but who knows... that could raise red flags for some (determined?) companies.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

If you're using it as a professional profile, then you'll likely be using LinkedIn, since that's basically what it's for.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually a major factor in credit score, considering the nature of the site.

Good point.

I have yet to actually use LinkedIn, so I'm not sure what is significant about them compared to other media.

-And since I like to think of what-if scenarios:  I wonder what happens if one decides they want to have a personal profile everywhere (Might just be a Page if on fb.), just to put up some sort of Resume (minus sensitive info) and stay away from friending people, commenting, and liking stuff? Hmm... No idea. For a job, your managers/co-workers might try to friend/contact you.... Hm. - My opinion is that Resumes should be private, though, so...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

LinkedIn is primarily career and employment based, which is why employers value it, and why I can easily see creditors checking it.  Current employment status and where are likely very important to keep up to date there.