News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Codename DOT: Organize Debates, Open, & Tech?

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 28, April, 2014, 06:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

What's with these forums?! Don't you think they need organizing somehow?

I have posted something in Feedback for the forum... but Wolf was the only one to respond. I recon this needs a separate topic with a better explanation.
I would also ask if the Voting Polls forum is necessary or not, but I figure it's of slightly less importance to this topic at this moment.

Let's start with Charon's description of the Tech forum: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=472.0
QuoteI have had to move several topics that have been placed in this section that should be placed in the Entertainment section. Here is a list of things that should be posted in the Entertainment section:
-movies and television
-books
-graphic novels (but NOT just art; if you want to discuss a graphic novel artist`s non-graphic novel works, you may post them in this section)
-games
-music
-anything pertaining to foreign entertainment culture such as manga or anime
-actors, musicians, authors or graphic novel artists
-anything to do with computers, their accessories or the Internet (exception: Youtube thread)
-any debate pertaining to the above subjects.

Anything that does not pertain to the above topics may be included in this section. Anything pertaining to the Golden Sun franchise should go in its cooresponding section.
Does all this still apply?

-From what I can see, any debate on entertainment fits in two forums: Debates, and the Tech forum.
-Some topics from each can fit in one of the others.

To support my argument, here are some examples: (I'm not listing all of them.)

Topics that are in Open Discussion that may belong in Tech:
Google Streets (Internet)
Social Networking Banking (Internet) (This one was in Tech, but GM moved it to Open Discussion)
All PS3 Users will be Enraged at this "Patent" (Gaming)
Email Services (Internet)
How to tell a good story in a video game: Episodes or no episodes? (Gaming)
Golden Sun and MineCraft (Gaming)
How do you rip GBA music? (Gaming & Music) (On second thought, this might go in General Hacking?)

...that may belong in Creative Works.
RoleQuest1: Elemental Cirno (Gaming)
Golden Sun Empires needs your help! (Gaming)
story time for the people (Well, Kain has a Storytime topic in Creative Works.)

...that may belong in Debates.
Bill S.978; What do you think?

Topics in Debates that may or may not belong in Tech:
Xp or Vista (Computing)

Man, as you can see, I'm not good with conversations, so for most everything else, you may have to examine and post what you think. (There's a chance this post may be edited as well.)

Q: What do you suggest we do to make this forum more organized?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

I think 'current' events includes a lot of those tech topics.

"technological resources' covers all the tools and software.

"miscellaneous" for whatever else.

Unless you want something separate for entertainment stuff.  "Are you not entertained?"