News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Decor (Minecraft 1.7 Mod)

Started by Majora, 09, May, 2014, 04:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

GM Note:  You people and your double posting.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Majora

Kain

Most days I just glance at stuff but I've been noticing lots of double posting going on.  At first I just merged the two and ignored it but with how much it's been going on I'm gonna have to start cracking down on it.

Majora

Discipline, discipline, discipline.
All about knowing when to push, and when to pull. Can respect that.

Rolina

Pretty sure that neither I nor the artist who I commissioned would be too happy if that art showed up randomly in a minecraft mod.  Axe it.

Majora

Done, no problem. Just a little joke, as it seems like you are an individual that knows the value of a good forum signature.
You've got to admit though, it's still pretty cool. The things you can do with this mod are virtually endless

charon the ferryman

Quote from: Rolina on 21, May, 2014, 07:28:56 AM
Pretty sure that neither I nor the artist who I commissioned would be too happy if that art showed up randomly in a minecraft mod.  Axe it.
Don't want to be that one @#$%&*!# but really, it's his mod. These are the "Creative Works" section. Make your own mod if you have a problem with it. You don't have to use the non-golden sun things in Minecraft if you don't want to - if anything, it allows more versatility and they match styles reasonably well most of the time, allowing for things beyond just a "Golden Sun" make. I personally think it's cool and he should have the creative license to do what he wants, especially considering that he made it.

Salanewt

So uh, to bring this back to a lighter note, this is an impressive mod you're working on! I especially like seeing all of the Zelda textures in here, but the djinn are roughly on par for me. I really wish I could play Minecraft at a good enough speed to try it out, but as it stands the game is too slow for me to do anything for long in.  :sad:
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Majora

Tell me about it, I can run Twilight Princess at a higher speed on this computer than I can run Minecraft on the same machine.
I've heard the Optifine mod speeds things up pretty well, but apparently it creates its own client Profile when you install it, and you would need to run a Forge client Profile in order to use Forge mods. Trying to figure out how to get it to install itself into an existing Forge profile so a friend of mine can finally log back into our server, his connection is awful

Rolina

Quote from: Flash on 21, May, 2014, 01:18:34 PM
Quote from: Rolina on 21, May, 2014, 07:28:56 AM
Pretty sure that neither I nor the artist who I commissioned would be too happy if that art showed up randomly in a minecraft mod.  Axe it.
Don't want to be that one @#$%&*!# but really, it's his mod. These are the "Creative Works" section. Make your own mod if you have a problem with it. You don't have to use the non-golden sun things in Minecraft if you don't want to - if anything, it allows more versatility and they match styles reasonably well most of the time, allowing for things beyond just a "Golden Sun" make. I personally think it's cool and he should have the creative license to do what he wants, especially considering that he made it.
It's his mod, but it's not his art.  Art theft is still theft, and I don't have permission to let him use that art for such a purpose.  I could run it by the artist, but again, I'm the commissioner, not the artist.  I simply paid for the art.  Bottom line, charon, you may be fine with stealing other people's work, but I'm not.  I'd need to have permission before I let someone use it like that.  Furthermore, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with someone just taking my picture and spreading it around like that.  What if a photo of you just showed up in a mod one day, and you had never given your permission for you?  That's basically what's going on now.  I asked a simple question that has a simple answer.

I did not get a simple answer.  I got my face sprawled all over that area and my work taken and thrown in - without my permission.  It was no longer a gaming mod then - it became personal.  I have nothing against using other things in a GS mod (though I'd suggest expanding your advertisement a bit, as it'd appeal to more than just GS fans), but when it becomes personal, that's not cool.

Majora

Can only take things like these so seriously. It was a joke, miss, please don't take it personally.
You may send me a message if you really have an issue - I will not have what I'm reading continuing further in my thread.

Working on the rest of the Mace and Axe items, have about 75% of them implemented.
Making the Trident weapon a little weak in terms of the amount of damage it deals. It'll have a hell of an unleash attack, though.

Rolina

Still, I don't want my artists to get the wrong impression.  It'd be pretty bad if they saw that and said "I don't like how you're using my art, you can't work with me anymore".  Anywho, as to what I was going to say before being ganged up on by the bully there, rather than being a GS mod, why not make this a general gaming mod?

Think about this:  the GS fandom is much smaller than it used to be, and you've got multiple games going on here.  Showcase all those games, and put in equal amounts of stuffs for each of them.  If you do this, it'll attract more people, and you'll have a more popular mod on your hands.  This will also let you have installments for the mod - after doing that, you could introduce a second mod that would be compatible, and would have, say five new games to introduce.

Unlike what a certain bully may say, I'm actually trying to help here.  I never once said that GS mods had to only be GS - Flash said that.  She's the one who put words in my mouth.  She's the one who's had a vendetta against me for years.  if you wanna complain at someone for starting fights, bring it up with her.

leaf

Role, chill. Did you not even see the part he said he would make it a "special patch" for you? As in, not part of the main mod. As in, it wouldn't be available to other people. As in, it was a joke.

QuoteThink about this:  the GS fandom is much smaller than it used to be, and you've got multiple games going on here.  Showcase all those games, and put in equal amounts of stuffs for each of them.  If you do this, it'll attract more people, and you'll have a more popular mod on your hands.  This will also let you have installments for the mod - after doing that, you could introduce a second mod that would be compatible, and would have, say five new games to introduce.
If you wanted to stay productive, you could've just posted this and left out the first and last paragraphs. This is actually quite a reasonable suggestion, but it's easy to wash over it when you're so acerbic otherwise.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

I am chill, leaf.  Don't make assumptions.  That reaction was a knee jerk reaction - and while I may not have responded the best I could, it does not excuse Flash/Charon from immediately attacking me and putting words in my mouth.  She started a fight where there didn't need to be one, and I don't appreciate that.  Nor do I appreciate her cussing me out over private messages, nor the trio of bullies who decided to attack me for what she claimed I said but never actually did.

I wanted to know one thing - if these were one mod, of if these were several.  If one, then the goal was to suggest expansion to get a wider audience.  If several, I wanted to know what the others were.  The post of the art freaked me out, yes, and threw me off, but not once did I ever say, imply, or insinuate that he had to remove anything GS from this.

@Edit:  And you guys didn't need to assault me for what was obviously a panicked knee jerk reaction.  The harassment and slander being thrown my way is rather uncalled for here.  I don't need fights started, so let's all just chill out.  No more ten paragraph PMs to me insulting me and telling me why I suck, no more bold face lying to new people as to what I'm telling them.  This thread is meant to be in support of this mod.  Let's all agree to drop this and move on.

zman9000

Well i'm reporting and down voting anyone and everyone who continues the fight in this topic from this point on. i don't care about your arguments. i just like info on the mod this topic is about.
you all need to chill.

Now. about the mod i have a question. these weapons, there are a ton as i can see. will they all have different attack values? also looking forward to what you said about unleashes.

Also i don't know if this was mentioned but have you thought of re-skinning the mobs to match like mobs in the game? like zombies, spiders and skellys. also think there's something like pig men in the game but not totally sure.

you could even reskin the ender dragon to look like the one in gaia rock. the one that gets weakened by orbs. sorta like the ender dragon but the other way around.
i also think it might be possable to reskin the wither to look like the doom dragon but it might look kinda derpy...

just some ideas i've been thinking about that in theory shouldn't be too hard.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

How about the other games?  What content is from them?  I see Zelda and... Castlevania, I think?  Do you have any items from those?

Majora

Oh yeah, all the weapons have their own characteristics.
Items like the Short Sword and the Wooden Stick inflict minor damage and have no unleash attacks/effects, think it's around +4 damage for the two of them, while other weapons are more powerful. Went by the amount of damage and the types of unleashes the weapons have in-game when developing them for the mod.

Some cursed weapons have negative unleash attacks/effects like Wither and Poison, while others don't even bother and simply execute the player wielding the weapon when they attempt to use their unleash effects. All unleash attacks/effects have a 50% chance of being  utilized when the player attempts to use them.

The same goes for items like Rings. The coolest Ring item so far is the Rainbow Ring, which can be used once to temporarily dull the player's senses when used via a combination of the Nausea, Night Vision, and Blindness effects. Think that effect lasts for about 10-15 seconds.

Was thinking about implementing some minor enemies from the game, like the Rat and the Zombie, just to test the waters.
Can do that later on.

Only have the Skyward Sword version of the Master Sword added so far, no other weapons from other games yet.

Yep, have a few CastleVania textures added, looking into adding a few of the paintings from the two CastleVania games for the Nintendo 64.

Rolina

What items you got planned for them?  I'd love to see how the heck a whip would work in minecraft...

Kain

GM Note:  Such arguing.  Very troublesome.  Much warnings.  Wow.

So let's get serious.  I've been hearing a lot of complaints about you Role mainly from just this topic.  Now while there hasn't been any actual reporting going on, people have been coming to me and telling me, which is commendable but I was also paying attention and would have preferred a report function.

So this is actually your third strike.  BUT!  Because I didn't get any official reports against you from the members, I'm not going to outright ban you.  Stop doing this crap, stop wasting peoples time and for the love of everything...just stop fighting and having a bad reaction to every little thing that annoys you.  I'm being lenient here, don't make me regret this.

Oh and allow me to teach you something about the internet.
>right clicks your avatar
>saves image as
Mine now.  Don't put something up you don't want others to have.  You said it is your commission and the property of the artist.  I see no name, no watermark, no insignia, nothing to distinguish that the art belongs to anyone and so long as it remains that way, there's nothing that can be said other than "this person drew it" and I'd have to take your word for it because I don't know.

GM Edit:  HOLD the phone.  I missed something.

QuoteNor do I appreciate her cussing me out over private messages

This is news to me.  Would either party like to file a complaint over the PM's?  If so, I'd need a forward of all messages.

Majora

http://golden-sun-decor.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Sun_Decor_Wiki

Created a brief Wiki site for the mod. Can use it as a convenient place to add information for each individual block and item the mod adds to the game once it's all put together.