News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Decor (Minecraft 1.7 Mod)

Started by Majora, 09, May, 2014, 04:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

Very nice.  Good luck with all of that.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Majora

Finishing up with the rest of the items from the first two Golden Sun games. Have the Ring and quest items done.

Unrelated, but if anyone likes to paint textures for 3D models, feel free to give Fizz the Mercury Djinn a little something if you have the time.
Here's a link to the model file:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6RDTwb4OndTMHJWdEE1bTZuWHc&usp=sharing&tid=0Bz8PWXTWctXKNlpVelUySUZrNHc

Can use a program like Novaskin's Techne Model texture creation suite for 3D texturing. Already have the model texture-mapped and everything, can simply load up the model and jump right in.

Here's a link to the Novaskin site. The Techne Model editing option is towards the bottom of the page: http://minecraft.novaskin.me/texturepacks

Robert Joe

Here is the texture that I made, although I am not sure if it is up to par with your textures for the other Djinn:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

charon the ferryman

Looks pretty good but the skin is too bright and it looks a little flat.

Rolina

I agree.  Try adding a big of teal to it, and the belly bulges a bit so try and perhaps have it be at a > angle rather than the current /.

Majora

There, made some minor adjustments.
Thank you very much, Fizz is looking sweet, will implement him in-game now. Can't wait to see the whole gang together

Fizz's model is hovering ever so slightly, but that's alright, the gang's all here. Looking great.
You're the man, Robert Joe

Rolina

Huh... The Jupiter djinn seems... kinda flat from this angle.  Is it just the camera angle, or is he really one voxel thick?

Majora

Rolina

Picture must have totally thrown me off then. :/

Majora

Very understandable, had to fly up a block or two for those pictures.
The Djinn were moving around and spreading themselves out and all that, needed a full view of the room to get them all in the shot.

Apologies for not updating sooner, been going through a large folder full of new block textures for version 1.0.1 of the mod.
The new version will add a Page Two to the mod, adding about three to four-hundred new modifications to the game (in addition to the two or three-hundred modifications version 1.0.0 adds).

Will take the mod for a test drive in a non-development environment once that's done, can see how well it does in a single player and multiplayer setting before releasing it. Shouldn't take too long.

I can't wait to pop a squat and really see what this mod can do world-building-wise.
With a few exceptions, a good majority of the photos I've shared so far were taken in a development world. So far, I've only thrown a few rooms together there to show off the new things the mod will add. Absolutely chomping at the bit to take it for a spin in a server setting, can't wait to see what it can do.

charon the ferryman

Will these guys spawn naturally or do they only spawn with eggs or under specific conditions?

Majora

Love the name change.
They should spawn naturally, haven't taken the time to see if they actually do yet. They're very simple at the moment, all they do is emulate the behavior of wolves (except Fizz, trying to get him to emulate a Slime enemy's behavior so that he'll hop around, which would be sweet).
They can also be spawned using eggs from the Creative tab, which is an unavoidable requirement in order for them to exist as NPCs, apparently.

The main concern is figuring out a delivery method to make it so that when you can fell them, (they all have about 40 HP, so unless you're packing weaponry like the Sol Blade, they'll take awhile) they'll drop an item that can be cast almost like a Pokéball to send them back out.
I implemented something along those lines using a portrait of Flint from Dark Dawn as an Item icon a few days ago, but for some reason, it would send out two Flint NPCs when you cast it, which is weird.

For now, the key is to head back in and quickly correct Fizz's model so that he doesn't float, and to work out a simple NPC collection system similar to how Pokémon does things, so that they can be spawned again once they've been taken out. The Djinn won't be too complex, for now.

Having a small Item ID problem on the block side as well. Isn't a big issue, more of a time-waster sort of thing, have to go in and remove 41 already implemented blocks, compile in the remaining 300 blocks as a complete mod with the existing 1.0.0 version, then add those 41 blocks in as a new mod, then compile that one in as well. Isn't too bad, just one of those things you have to work with when it comes to Java.
Thing's like the mayonnaise of the game development world, can't believe it's still in use

Majora

Having a few more developmental Item ID-related errors in version 1.0.1, will have to re-build it from square one.
Won't affect anything in 1.0.0 or anything else, just means that it'll be awhile before the next update.

Majora

Still working on 1.0.1. Taking longer than expected due to some hard drive issues from a month or two ago. It'll come around eventually.