News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Wait, Nereid == Spire? Wut?

Started by Rolina, 01, September, 2009, 03:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

So here I am, trying to see if I can use Nereid's animation... or rather, the geyser part of it specifically.

The answer?  Nereid's animation number is... 2.

So I try it.  I get SPIRE, which is ALSO animation number 2.
Okay, maybe I need to set it to summon type... NOPE!  Still Spire.
Okay, so it says Nereid's animation augment is 8, so I'll set it to 8 (/9/10) as well...  NOPE, still spire, only now the "level 2" psy is just spire.  Okay...
I'll play around with nereid then... adding to the number does... well, it does nothing.  Okay, so I'll lower it.  3 is nice, let's see what that does...

SPIRE.  I summon Nereid... and I get the SPIRE ANIMATION.

Can I have a resounding lolwut?

Okay, is there a way to ISOLATE summon animations?  Is Nereid REALLY sharing the animation with SPIRE, of all things?  Or is this an editor hiccup?  I mean, the level 1 summons all have their own animations at least...

Atrius (He/Him)

I suspect it's a similar situation to Hermes' water being the only item that the "Item will change" use type is programmed to work for, or the way that some specific enemies' HP/PP regen values are multiplied by 10 in game.  It's hard coded into the game somewhere just to do that for them specifically.  Nothing can be done about it until I find the specific bit of code that does it, and find a way to hack around it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

I think there is something about the length of the animation. There appear to be two or three different animation types. Short, Medium, and Long or just Short/Medium, and Long.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Hmmm... It'd be nice if we could find a way to modify that a bit... And to give the summons their own animation values.  It'd involve a lot of work, though... So it's probably up to Atrius as to whether or not to do it.

Salanewt

Yeah, I also found something strange when I was changing animations... I think I changed one of the Gaia psynergies, and it had Kirin's animation when the camera was supposed to move. I think Atrius might be right about animations being hardcoded into the game.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

I don't see why I wouldn't as long as it isn't entirely too complex.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Sajin

Actually, Nereid animation is on battle animation index 2, argument 25/30/110 and also a lot more. But I didn't find the the geyser only, I guess it will only be possible with some code hacking to split Nereid's sprite and the geysers.