News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Element Levels in enemies

Started by jjppof, 23, May, 2014, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjppof

I dont know whether I'm right, but for each elemental level, a char obtains +5 pow and res of the especific element.
Taking this in account I'd like to know a thing... If a enemy has these parameters:

power         resist        lvl
earth       100           100          3
mercury    85            72            2
mars        85             72           2
jupiter      85             48           2

In battle, these e-lvl parameters could change the pow and res like below?

power         resist        
earth       115           115          
mercury    95            82            
mars        95             82          
jupiter      95             58      

Ooor... these parameters would remain the same?

And taking advantage of the lulling... Do e-levels serve only to do this icrease and make the class determination? E-levels just change with djinns?

Salanewt

That's about right for the +5 per level bit, but not so much for the rest.

PCs have a base of 75 for each ePow and 85 for each eRes before levels are applied (with some slight variation to help decide on class priority/access). A Venus adept with 5 levels would then get about 100 Venus ePow and 110 Venus eRes with 75 in the other powers and 85 in their resistances. These are actually decided by a table that accounts for elemental levels 0-15 (I think 15), but the table seems to be incremented in a way that grants +5 for each level without having it done in assembly. One could totally change the table so elemental levels lower these stats if one wanted to.

Enemy stats, on the other hand, are more or less arbitrary and are given a table from a selection. As long as you keep the 0-200 range in mind for powers/resistances (I think), you can pretty much have them be whatever you want. A Mercury level of 20 would be possible with a Mercury ePow of 144 and a Mercury eRes of 27, for example. Of course, non-elemental enemies (like Briggs and such) seem to follow a trend of having 100 in every stat but their elemental levels. In other words, they completely independent of one another.

To answer your other two questions:
1. Not really. So far, we also know that they have a major influence in the status ailment success rate formula. They may do even more than this, but we don't fully know yet.
2. Pretty much, yeah. The games haven't yet been modified to let things like items affect them.

Hope this helps!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

jjppof

Quote from: Salanewt on 23, May, 2014, 10:40:41 PM
PCs have a base of 75 for each ePow and 85 for each eRes before levels are applied (with some slight variation to help decide on class priority/access). A Venus adept with 5 levels would then get about 100 Venus ePow and 110 Venus eRes with 75 in the other powers and 85 in their resistances. These are actually decided by a table that accounts for elemental levels 0-15 (I think 15), but the table seems to be incremented in a way that grants +5 for each level without having it done in assembly. One could totally change the table so elemental levels lower these stats if one wanted to.

Enemy stats, on the other hand, are more or less arbitrary and are given a table from a selection. As long as you keep the 0-200 range in mind for powers/resistances (I think), you can pretty much have them be whatever you want. A Mercury level of 20 would be possible with a Mercury ePow of 144 and a Mercury eRes of 27, for example. Of course, non-elemental enemies (like Briggs and such) seem to follow a trend of having 100 in every stat but their elemental levels. In other words, they completely independent of one another.

Sorry, I didn't understand whether the stats will change or not.  :sad:

Salanewt

To basically grab the bare bones of the answer: yes for PCs/player characters, and no for enemies. Djinn/eLevels will move player stats along the table I mentioned, and you can set enemy stats to whatever you want because eLevels have nothing to do with them.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

jjppof

So e-level for enemies is related only with ailments (if e-levels have to do with it)?

Salanewt

Yep, that's exactly it! Even with the levels being related to ailments.

Rolina

In fact, I'd imagine that's the only reason enemies have element levels at all.  For the PCs, it's what determines the character class as well, so it has a bit more importance, at least in the base code.  However, I think that basing it on equipped djinn rather than actual element level is a better idea.  That would also allow for one of us to follow up and create Element Level buffs, which could be used to increase ailment success rate.

jjppof

dahell is PC? hahahahhaa
and thank you, salanewt, for the help!

Kain

I think PC means Player Characters.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Kain's right.

To prove the point... if you open GS1 in the Editor, Picard/Piers is named PC07,
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)