News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

A Stray Thought

Started by FrozenWrath, 24, May, 2014, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrozenWrath

Would it be possible to reverse all the levels (and the boosts it came with) of a character in Golden Sun?

Just curious about this. If, and this is a big if, this was possible, then it would be really cool.

If you're curious about why I asked this, then here's my reason:

[spoiler=those who wish to know]customization.[/spoiler]

Salanewt

So like the ability to drop a character down to level 1? It probably is possible!

If the game doesn't already do this, then maybe a short function that drops the current PC's level to 1 and links to the function(s) responsible for recalculating classes when djinn/eLevels are changed (because simply changing your level probably doesn't make you forget whatever spells you have already learned by leveling). You would also need one that recalculates stats, but I think that might also exist already.

So for a checklist of things that would also need to be done:
- Level to 1 and experience to 0
- Recalculate appropriate stats for level 1
- Overwrite current stats with level 1 totals
- Recalculate Elevels/classes (pretty sure this one already exists)

Hope this helps!

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Actually, I think changing the level does cause you to forget your learned skills. After all, think about what happens when you change class. You already know all the skills from that class up to your current level, even though you may have never "learned" those skills before.

Anyway, based on the way GS works, you can probably do it, but it'll forget your stat bonuses from stat-up items, as well. Since the way you would do it is by resetting to lv0 (and setting your stats to lv0 values) and then gaining a level (which has a small amount of random variation to it). You could theoretically reset to any level you wanted by this method, but your stats at that level will probably not match exactly what they were the first time around (again, due to random variation). This random variation problem can be most easily seen by clearing gs1 and using a bronze password to transfer levels (but not stats) to gs2; the character stats will be recalculated as if they had gained all those levels from lv0, resulting in slightly different stat values.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Ah, but only if you change your djinn setup after lowering your level. The game only updates classes when there is a change in eLevels from djinn (or by equipping a class-changing item). So you will forget the spells, but only after it updates the game and tells it that you shouldn't have those spells in your class/level.

As for the second part, everything leaf said. I guess you could remedy this by making stat boosting items limitless though, provided you actually want to lessen the impact of this problem.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

FrozenWrath

Quote from: Salanewt on 24, May, 2014, 02:54:08 PMAs for the second part, everything leaf said. I guess you could remedy this by making stat boosting items limitless though, provided you actually want to lessen the impact of this problem.
Essentially, you're suggesting that StatBoosters now are available in shops for an insane price?

I'll do that.

Salanewt

Haha! Well, I guess you can if you want. Either that or as enemy drops would be the ideal way to go about doing that unless you're up for coding something special!

Rolina

I wonder if it's possible to actually lose stats at level up?  You know, like Tellah in FF4?  Does anyone know if the system allows for that, or if it'll simply show a growth of 0?