News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

GSHC changing management

Started by Atrius, 24, May, 2014, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Hello everyone still here at Golden Sun Hacking Community.

I'm amazed that there are still so many active members here, I'm glad to see the small community I founded almost six years ago is still going strong despite all of the hardships it has faced.  I have a ton of very fond memories of working with the members here at unlocking the secrets of the Golden Sun games, and making an editor so we could hack them together.  Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, I haven't been nearly as active here as I once was.  Over the years since I founded this community I've had many changes in my life, and my priorities have shifted.  Now that this moment has come I realize that I still love this community as much as I did the day I created it, but it's time I let it go.  I don't have the time I used to have to dedicate to administrating these forums any more, and it's in the best interest of the community.  I officially announce that I am stepping down as the Administrator of Golden Sun Hacking Community.

Overlord Kain is being promoted to the main admin of GSHC.  I didn't choose him just because he's been serving the community as our Global Moderator for the past two and a half years.  I honestly believe he is the best person for the job, and have faith that the community will continue to flourish with him taking care of it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

leaf

While it's sad to see you step down, we understand you have your own life now. Good luck on your future endeavors, atrius.

Kain, congratulations.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello Atrius!

As leaf says, it's sad to see you go, but I'm glad that we've had the time to enjoy the days we have had on this site while you were active. Not everyone gets that privilege. I wonder how often you'll be visiting this place a couple years from now? (Since you're making it look like you're taking a major leave.)

@Priorities have shifted: Do you still plan to have another website for the Forgotten Dreams project? (Or has that priority shifted as well?)

Welcome to the Administration, Kain!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

All I can say is that, even though I may not be the most appropriate person to say so give my absence, it has been an honour to have you as our admin. A shame to see you go in the sense that you won't be as much of a presence in the site, but at least this will give you the chance to continue your life and work on your own projects without having to set aside some of your time to be our caretaker. Thanks for staying put and managing this place for as long as you have!

I would also like to formally congratulate Kain on his promotion! I can safely say that, having gotten to know you better over these past couple years, Atrius' faith in you is not misplaced at all. As such, I am certain you will do a terrific job managing this place in a way that will live up to both Atrius and the community's expectations.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

charon the ferryman

Kain

After calming down from the initial shock, I must say I'm disappointed and a bit sad you're stepping down and worried slightly that it has come to me, but I promise I'll do my best to keep this place going as GSHC for as long as I am able.

As a sign of good faith for this day, every member who had tallied up warns are now officially cleared and off with a clean slate.  Thank you to everyone.  If you'll excuse me, there are a few things I need to go over before I start seeing what things I will need to change.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

charon the ferryman

Well if you ever need advice you can always come to me. Actually, I wish there was an account for testing and demonstrating certain features, or a Badge Master. I'd gladly take over either of those roles. But it seems like it'd be too much work. Oh well.

EDIT: To clarify, a lot of things in the forums should be automated, and it's not very efficient. I'd like to help out and be a developer for the forum's mods and make things a bit easier on Kain's part, now that I actually have programming experience lol. An ITIL role would be nice, but I don't know if that's possible. I'm thinking about opening my own SMF for Braillemon (a lot of people have requested a forum and SMF is highly customizable) so when I get something up I could use that as a test environment for certain features.

Luna_blade

I respect your choice Atrius.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Wolf

Good luck Atrius and congratulations Kain. :yes:

Knight of Purgatory

Oh well, so long, and thanks for all the fish. Congrats Kain
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Tan

Well, that's quite the announcement. Huge thank you to Atrius for everything he's done for the community and for effectively making Golden Sun hacking possible. I, for one, welcome (and congratulate) our new Kain overlords.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Lord Wolfram

Things are happening like it must.
Atrius is leaving us and Kain takes his place...
We will miss you Atrius...
Destiny is hard and unbearable thing...
:Saturos: farewell Atrius.

Rolina

So, does this mean that Kain gets to take Atrius' old badge now? :3c

Atrius (He/Him)

I'll still be around, I don't intend to leave entirely.  I'm just giving up my position to someone more able to do the job.

Quote from: Teawater on 24, May, 2014, 07:27:31 PM@Priorities have shifted: Do you still plan to have another website for the Forgotten Dreams project? (Or has that priority shifted as well?)
I'm honestly not sure how far I'll be able to go with that.  As always game creation is my dream job in life, but it seems the road I've actually taken has sapped away my time for doing it.  I've barely made any progress at all on Forgotten Dreams because I've had more important things going on for quite a while (Amazing how being in the military does that to you).  But where there's a will there's a way, don't think I'll give up my dream so easily.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

charon the ferryman

Quote from: Atrius on 25, May, 2014, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: Teawater on 24, May, 2014, 07:27:31 PM@Priorities have shifted: Do you still plan to have another website for the Forgotten Dreams project? (Or has that priority shifted as well?)
I'm honestly not sure how far I'll be able to go with that.  As always game creation is my dream job in life, but it seems the road I've actually taken has sapped away my time for doing it.  I've barely made any progress at all on Forgotten Dreams because I've had more important things going on for quite a while (Amazing how being in the military does that to you).  But where there's a will there's a way, don't think I'll give up my dream so easily.
Yeah, I know how you feel entirely (well, minus the military part, but being a full time mook javascript developer takes out more time than you would anticipate).

MaxiPower

Good luck Atrius... It's been fun. I too have not been active. Crazy to thing were the time has  gone.  :sad: