Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 18, 2017, 06:07:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Master Formula List  (Read 21414 times)
jjppof
Modafoca

Coins: 0

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 01:35:11 AM »

Ailment Recovery

(((Luck * 3) - (Turns * 5) + base_chance) * 655) >= rand()

Every turn I have to check this?

View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 05:21:11 AM »

unk_arg = 1
This should be 100. (Or you could leave it if you get rid of the /100 part.)

Think like this: a * 100 / 100 = a * 1

Anyway, it still looks like unk_arg is for multi-target.

First (Primary Target) = 100%
Second (Next to the target) = 60%
Third = 30%
Forth = 30%
Fifth = 30%
Sixth = 30%

But if you want to use decimals... then be my guest. ( a * # without the /100 in the equation. For example, a * 0.6)

Yes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:25:56 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
jjppof
Modafoca

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 05:27:34 AM »

Yes.

But which states I have to check this? I cant have this check for downed, for example.

------------
and this unk_arg = 100 for the main target
                       = 60 to the next to
                       = 30 and so on
                                 ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:33:42 AM by jjppof » Logged

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 05:51:25 AM »

There might have been a chance that I misread...

If you're asking where the checks should be done, I believe it is done at the end of a Round. (After everyone has taken a turn.) Hopefully I read that right. ; I believe that the check is made for each character, so that's probably how I misread.)

*Went back to quickly double check something*
Spoiler for Hiden:
81247F8 = End

Random chance of recovering from an ailment/debuff
(((Luck * 3) - (Turns * 5) + base_chance) * 655) >= 16BIT[rand()]
Attack = 30%
Defense = 20%
Resistance = 20%
Delusion = 30%
Confuse = 60%
Charm = 70%
Stun = 20%
Sleep = 50%
Psy-seal = 30%
08124810 = Start
08124850 = End

08124854 = Decrement Attack (De)Buff Turn Duration
081248B4 = Decrement Defense (De)Buff Turn Duration
08124914 = Decrement Resistance (De)Buff Turn Duration
08124974 = Decrement Delusion Turn Duration
(Sees clearly once again.)
081249B0 = Decrement Confuse Turn Duration
(Regains consciousness.)
081249EC = Decrement Charm Turn Duration
(Regains consciousness.)
08124A28 = Decrement Stun Turn Duration
08124A64 = Decrement Sleep Turn Duration
08124AA0 = Decrement Psy-seal Turn Duration
(Psynergy seal)
08124AF8 = Decrement Regenerate Turn Duration
(Recovering HP)
 08124B56 = [18][1]'s HP is fully restored!
 08124B68 = [18][1] recovers [22] HP!
08124BA8 = Decrement Reflect Turn Duration
08124BCC = Decrement Agility Buff Turn Duration
08124BFC = Unknown (Djinn-related)
08124CAC = Unknown (Djinn-related) (Linked from pub only.)
08124CC0 = Return
08124CC4 = Start
 08124D92 = [21] is set to [18][1]!
08124E1A = End

End of round (+ status effects)
08124E20 = Start of function.
08124F0C = [21] is set to [18][1]!
0812501E = Approximate location for setting Counter-Attack (Reflux) to 0.
081250A8 = [18][1]'s HP is fully restored!
081250B0 = [18][1] recovers [22] HP!
08125104 = [18][1]'s PP is fully restored!
08125120 = [18][1] recovers [22] PP!
08125150 = [18][1]'s Agility returns to normal!
0812517A = [18][1]'s Attack returns to normal!
081251A4 = [18][1]'s Defense returns to normal!
081251CE = [18][1]'s Resistances return to normal!
081251F8 = [18][1] sees clearly once again!
08125222 = [18][1] regains consciousness! (3306)
0812524C = [18][1] regains consciousness! (3310)
0812527C = [18][1] is no longer stunned!
081252AC = [18][1] wakes from slumber!
081252D6 = [18][1]'s Psynergy seal is gone!
08125300 = [18][1] stopped recovering HP!
0812530C = Call Decrement Reflect Turn Duration
0812532A = Reflect no longer affects [18][1]!
0812535A = End of function.
Apparently, my documentation didn't list it detailed enough...

"But which states I have to check this?" = states? *confused and feels lame for not understanding*

Each character has a series of bytes for each status effect counter. For example, you'll need 5+ Sleep count-downs, one for each PC and enemy, and 5+ for Stun, and everything else that counts turns.., I forget what happens when your character is Downed, but I could assume you could set all these count-downs to 0.

@unk_arg = Yes, pretty much... it stops at "Sixth" (11 characters) because going further is not supported.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:59:31 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 06:05:58 AM »

I think you're actually supposed to be cured of everything when you are downed though, so it shouldn't check in that instance anyway. It's actually one of the easiest ways to get rid of haunt if you're somehow broke and have Revive or something.

Cool, thanks for the info Teawater! I'll add it to the first post.

And... Researching the "effect only" formula right now. Some of it seems pretty complicated, but I have figured out this much so far:

((Output Damage * 100)/100)/(Multi-Penalty)
Multi-Penalty = 1 for primary target, 2 for secondary, 5 for tertiary, 10 for quaternary

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how "Output Damage" is calculated, but it does involve using the difference between the attacker's ePow and the defender's eRes stats. This shared function also has some code that defines the max eStat difference range to be from -199~200, so a difference that is a greater or lesser amount than one in that range will simply be overwritten with the floor or cap. Basically, this means that there is no difference between ePow/eRes stats of 0/200 or 50/250 (ignoring the cap of 200 of course).

Edit: Renamed "unk_arg" to "multi_arg" in the formula, seeing as it's not an unknown variable anymore.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:42:37 PM by Salanewt » Logged

And the Wise One is a Mary Sue!

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

Coins: 9

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 08:06:27 AM »

Multi-Penalty = 0 for primary target, 2 for secondary, 5 for tertiary, 10 for quaternary
So I'm guessing you meant it should be 1 for the primary target, unless it has infinite success rate >_>

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 09:19:07 AM »

--- Part 1: Defense Mod(?) ---

@Multi-target for Effect Only: Are you sure that's multi-target?

"1" = 1/2 (0200064B is 1 when Isaac's defending. Maybe that's how Defend's defense is done?)
"2" = 2/5
"3" = 1/10

So that you can understand how the scaling looks:
"1" = 5/10
"2" = 4/10
"3" = 1/10

--- Part 2: Multi-target damage ---

Anyway, as for Multi-Target Damage, the percents are:

100%
50%
30%
10%
10%
10%

--- Part 3: My attempt to look at the formula ---

For the formula, I'm seeing..

damage * unknown * (multi_target_value_out_of_100/100) * defense_mod

Notes:
damage = includes the elemental mod.
unknown = Too lazy to look up at the very moment.
multi-target = see second part of post.
defense_mod = See first part of post.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:22:07 AM by Teawater » Logged

View Profile
jjppof
Modafoca

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 01:01:11 PM »

I will try to express me better...

Every turn end I have a function that apply the recovery formula and update the states tuns count:

function update_state_turns(){
   foreach state in chars: //loop all states of all chars in battle
      actualChar = state.getActor
      luck = actualChar.luck
      actual_state_turn = state.turnCount
      recoveryBaseChance = getRecoveryBaseChance(state.id)
      formulaValue = (((luck * 3) - (actual_state_turn * 5) + recoveryBaseChance) * 655)
      randomNumber = rand(0, 65535)
      if formulaValue >= randomNumber
        remove_state(state.id)
      else
         state.turnCount -= 1
   }
}

function end_turn{
[...]
   update_state_turns()
[...]
}

What I'm asking is:
this method update_state_turns is checking all kinds of states, including downed (hahahahaha every end turn a char has a chance to revive). Beyond this state, which others can't be checked?
I dont know, but haunt and poison cant be recovered by this formula, I guess....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:11:03 PM by jjppof » Logged

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »

leaf: Oops, that's right! Fixed it.

Teawater: I was pretty sure, but I just double checked and I think you might be right. Defending cuts almost all damage in half, and I tested the code with a 3-target Drain spell. Whenever I switched the primary target between two enemies, the secondary enemy always took half the damage it took when it was the primary target; neither of them had the defend command to begin with. That's why I was mistaken.

That being said, I don't see one for the "95% damage decrease" effect in here. I guess that might be because it was added in GS2 and Camelot figured out a better way to calculate it. Or something.

As for attempt 3, that's pretty much what I have now. That "unknown" part is what I'm looking into right now, and that's what uses the ePow/eRes calculation code to modify the base damage. It looks like almost every damage formula uses it, so figuring this out would make figuring the rest of the formulas out much easier. I think.

And... here's exactly what I have now in my .txt file, with your corrections in place:

Base Damage
(
(Output Damage(multi_mod * 100)/100))*def_mod
"multi_mod" = 100% for primary, 50% secondary, 30% tertiary, 10% everyone else
"def_mod" = 100% for normal, 50% for 50% damage off, 40% for 60% off, 10% for the 90% effect. Probably hard-coded in every damage formula, yay!

The "Output Damage" part is what is calculated with base damage and the eStat differences; I've figured a fair bit of it out, so I'll continue doing a little more research until I get back to work. It's temporary until I figure out exactly how it is calculated, in which case it will be replaced with the earlier parts of the formula. It also seems to happen in the "multiply by 1.28?" function that you weren't too sure about in the data document. It also looks like I don't have your "unknown" modifier in the formula; would you mind looking into that at some point while I research this other part?

Edit: When the time comes to add the completed formula to the first post, I'm probably not going to bold the "def_mod" part because that's seems to be a part of the damage formula out of laziness. I don't know. The 95% one isn't in here anyway, so... yeah.

jj: I think this function is supposed to apply to every unit at the end of the round, so everyone should be finished their own turns by then. It also shouldn't apply to poison/deadly poison, haunt, death curse/countdown, and death/downed. Or buffs! Happy

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:50:56 PM by Salanewt » Logged

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
jjppof
Modafoca

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 04:12:04 PM »

jj: I think this function is supposed to apply to every unit at the end of the round, so everyone should be finished their own turns by then

Yeah, in the way that the code is, It is applying for everyone.

It also shouldn't apply to poison/deadly poison, haunt, death curse/countdown, and death/downed. Or buffs! Happy

Thats the information I wanted!! Thanksss  Happy

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »

Happy to help!

Also, I think I have almost figured out the damage calculation stuff. I will do it later because it's just a tad confusing to put into standard mathematical notation. It essentially boils down to "(eStat_Diff / 2) = additional % of damage to add/subtract" though, but it's not 100% exact when the difference is low. Or, rather...

Where eStat_Diff = attacker's ePow - defender's eRes.

eStat_Diff of 200 = 200% damage (you have 200 and they have 0)
eStat_Diff of 100 = 150% damage
eStat_Diff of 0 = 100% damage
eStat_Diff of -100 = 50% damage
eStat_Diff of -199 = 0% damage

Give or take a point or two sometimes, particularly for low eStat differences. Unlike the rest of the formulas, the "effect only" one does not use RNG; damage should be pretty consistent because of this.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 02:36:23 AM »

@Multiply by 1.28

Take a look at the table the function reference... see what happens when you multiple by 1.28? The numbers should match:

Examples:
0x64 * 1.28 = 0x80
0xC8 * 1.28 = 0x100

As you can see, the numbers (0x80 and 0x100) represent the 0x64 and 0xC8 numbers, pretty much... but it's as though invisible decimal places have been added. (If it helps you understand.)

In the end, I think it might be a similar trick to how random numbers are multiplied and divided/shifted, except they try to complicate it a bit.

That's how I see it, anyway.

---

@The unknown I was talking about: I think it was a value retrieved from the stack. The instruction of note is at 08121354, so I was a bit lazy to scroll for where a value was placed there.

--

Edit: Almost forgot, but can you verify if the def_mod is the same percentage for the other formulas as well? ("1" will probably still be 50%, but the others?)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:44:41 AM by Teawater » Logged

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2014, 03:26:54 AM »

Yeah, I saw the table! Everything in the spoiler is what I have noticed so far by looking through that function; the "during" segments are the 1.28 thing, while the BL and "after" segments only seem to apply to the effect only formula. It seems that having a negative eStat difference will grab negative numbers from the table, while a positive eStat one will grab the others.

Spoiler for .txt file, contains code references:
(((Base Damage * eStat_var) * 100)/[LSR 10] * unk_arg * (multi_mod * 100)/100)) * def_mod
"multi_mod" = 100% for primary, 50% secondary, 30% tertiary, 10% everyone else
"def_mod" = 100% for normal, 50% for 50% damage off, 40% for 60% off, 10% for 90%

BL (080AD130)
r2 = x100
r0 = ePow-eRes
r1 = 0
r5 = x100
- r2 added to r5 for BL (080B02DC)
r6 = base damage

During (1):

r0 = ePow-eRes (moved to r6) -> x05
r1 = 0
r2 = xC8 (200, sets ePow/eRes difference cap)
r3 = xFF38 (-199, set ePow/eRes difference floor)
r5 = #080C6B04

During (2):

r0 = 5
r1 = 0 -> +1 (loop)
r2 = +4 (loop)
r3 = xC8 -> LDSH r12 + r4 (loop) [x64 on the first loop, x00 on second, xFF9C on third]
r4 = 0 -> +r2 (loop, moved from r2)
r6 = ePow-eRes
r12 = #080C6B04 (moved from r5)

During (3):

r0 = 0 (if ePow-eRes difference is positive), xFF9C (if negative) -> positive sum of r6-r0 -> sum of (r0*r2)
r1 = 0 -> x64
r2 = 0 -> x80
r5 = #080C6B04 -> 0 (if positive), xFF80 (-127, if negative)
r6 = ePow-eRes

During (4/after division)

r0 = r0/r1
r1 = x60
r2 = x64
r3 = r0-r1
r5 = 0 (if positive), xFF80 (-127, if negative)
r6 = ePow-eRes
r7 = 0 (moved from r8) (if = 1, r3 = r0 LSR x1F, then (r3+r0)/2; doesn't seem to happen with effect only formula)

End (During (5)):

r0 = r0+r1
r1 = x100

After:

r0 = ePow-eDef output damage? -> x100 (moved from r5) -> r0*r3 -> Output Damage
r1 = x100
r2 = x64
r3 = base damage (moved from r6) -> r3*r0 (before r0 = x100)
r4 = ??? (x08 or x0C so far)
r5 = x100
r6 = base damage

The downside is that the linked function was hard to follow and I was doing this late last night before bed, so a couple of the registers might be incorrect here or there... But I think I understood most of it. I do know that for the initial linked function (not the 1.28 one), it basically divides the output damage by 16 (LSR x10) before returning to the main formula. The looping part also threw me for a loop (haha) for a bit, but I think I still understand it well enough.

Unknown: Groovy, I might take a look at that soon-ish then.

As for the def_mod part, I can definitely look into it later. I'm hoping that, by figuring out exactly how this 1.28 function works, I/we can use our research to discover exactly how the other damage formulas are laid out. Especially since it seems like most (if not every) damage formula uses it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:05:38 PM by Salanewt » Logged

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 04:03:35 AM »

@jj: Huh... so you call those states? I suppose that's fair enough since the game refers to them as Status.. ("Normal status." is a string in the game.) ; I'm more familiar with calling them status effects/ailments/(de)buffs. ; As for the plural form of status, I would have probably used statuses since "state" and "states" seem to go together, but I'm sure many people have many ways of looking at it?

I suppose the spoiler that I had earlier might hint which statuses are checked, but it's been like forever since I've looked into it, so...

@Salanewt:
"(Output Damage(multi_mod * 100)/100))*def_mod" = Multiplying by 100, only to divide by 100... that reverts the number back to what it was before you multiplied, so there's likely an error there.

@Unknown: Good, I guess that'll save me the time it takes to look it up, I guess.

@def_mod: Sounds good!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:15:01 AM by Teawater » Logged

View Profile
jjppof
Modafoca

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »

If everyone here say status, I can say status too.  Happy

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:18:56 PM
Fox: Welcome back!
Today at 09:12:43 AM
Luna_blade: back from vacation
Yesterday at 02:29:26 AM
Fox: That moment when you realize that there is a lot of chatting going on on Discord, that there is no point in trying to keep up. :P  Hm....
August 16, 2017, 04:50:22 AM
Fox: (Then again, just because posting is disabled, doesn't necessarily mean the buttons would be removed as well.)
August 16, 2017, 04:48:55 AM
Fox: (I mean, buttons I would expect to be similar to that.... rather than those specifically since I recall posting there to be disabled.)
August 16, 2017, 04:33:02 AM
Fox: Yeah... I like to think of it as a page loaded with ads. And it's not just the forum home page either... check the sub-forums/topics themselves. == New Topic/Reply/etc. buttons were affected.
August 15, 2017, 07:04:30 PM
Salanewt: Lol, nice. :P
August 15, 2017, 06:33:02 PM
Foxhttp://z9.invisionfree.com/Golden_Sun_Hacking/index.php? == Hahaha! GSHC Classic looks funny now that Photobucket killed the images. :P Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
August 14, 2017, 07:12:02 PM
Salanewt: So yeah, I'm typing up a non-academic essay on why GS2 was rushed; expect that sometime soon!
August 07, 2017, 05:53:11 AM
Fox: But anyway, such a hack mod is simply an idea, and I do not have any current plans to work on it at this time, so.....
August 07, 2017, 05:51:46 AM
Fox: Okay, cool. I think my idea works best without an ability to swap PCs (OR to just simply make that use it the PC's turn.) Hmmm... And with that, I question if a turn list is even needed with my approach. (Outside of maybe 1 entry, if that shortens the modifications.)
August 07, 2017, 05:13:26 AM
Salanewt: To be honest I've been thinking of expanding the battle turn section and also adding code for PCs to have more than two turns in the AI overhaul, but I probably won't allow anyone to have more than four.
August 06, 2017, 12:22:17 AM
Fox: Oh, and if that approach was taken = Would like to also have it so you select the spell to use when it is actually your turn rather than at round start.
August 06, 2017, 12:12:37 AM
Fox: Would take a lot of balancing, but I can see an adept being very slow, and yet very powerful.
August 06, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
Fox: And bosses can have an Agility that is above half of the maximum possible Agility. Mwahaha.
August 06, 2017, 12:04:14 AM
Fox: Hmm... What if Agility could be recodded to allow for multiple turns per round? Obvious, calculations could be made in a way that depending on your Agility, you could like get a different number of turns each round. (eg. 1 turn this round, 2 the next, 1 turn again.) Obviously, To ensure 2 turns all the time, you should have at least double the opponent's agility,.... erm...something. So... you/or enmy could be so fast, the opponent can't even make a move, unless turns are capped.
August 05, 2017, 08:48:42 PM
Fox: ( That keeps search engines from indexing them... :) )
August 05, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
Fox: Also, it's not 100% public if Guests can't see them. (They can't), but who cares about Guests anyway. =P
August 05, 2017, 08:20:28 PM
Fox: @Clan forums: Mars clan has the most posts, and Venus clan has the most topics. So umm having 1k+ posts makes Mars.... interesting?
August 05, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
Fox: /and they're *

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise