News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Zach's Difficulty Patch!

Started by Zach, 11, August, 2009, 11:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 29, August, 2009, 11:40:00 PM
Here's some advice. You've got to make sure the Djinni and class bonuses check out with the weaponry and enemies available as if it was Hard Mode. That was a mistake of mine when I started, too.
Although the class bonuses didn't quite check out (it's more fun that way), the weaponry really helps

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 29, August, 2009, 11:40:00 PMUnless you can find a way to beat even a singular enemy with the stats you give in Hard Mode, it's not likely that this will be successful. Since you're aiming for difficulty, give the player a false sense of security. Something like, make certain enemies easy, and other enemies harder in comparison. You can, say, travel along the World Map and easily beat the monsters, then get to the next destination and die in one hit. Something like that. That's a difficulty change that isn't AS annoying.
I did, but I don't think I posted how did I?

-Sheba should use Ray/Plasma (Bolt when it's re-released)
-Jenna should use a Game Ticket/Guard/Venus
-Felix should use Echo and regular attacks/Game Ticket and have the Long Sword equipped (so he can have 2 turns)

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 29, August, 2009, 11:40:00 PMAnother one could be the explanation straight up. I know the text editor isn't available yet, but at least drop some hints along the way. I can play better than what I did, but I approached the hack like a player that had previously beaten the game at least once, which isn't that much better than a new player.
Sorry

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 29, August, 2009, 11:40:00 PMProbably, you can incorporate what made the Darion Patch playable: shifting what can be obtained and whatnot to make them think more? Something like, have the Mimic drop a key item to use vs. the Chestbeaters, or something similar to that.
The Mimic currently drops the Battle Axe, which uses Fireball in battle

I hope this weapon's and armor's list (for Daila) helps

Weapons
--------------
Long Sword (Daila, Madra, and Alhafra)

Price - 350
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 24/10
Unleash rate - 40
Earth Attribute
Boosts Encounters (20) and Turns (1)
Use - Helm Splitter
Unleash - Slice

Short Sword (Daila and Alhafra)

Price - 275
Use - Multiple
Attack/Defense - 120/0
Unleash rate - 85
No Attribute
Boosts Encounters (40)
Use - Total Defense
Unleash - Defend

Mace (Daila and Alhafra)

Price - 300
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 9/3
Unleash rate - 40
Wind Attribute
PP Recovery (10)
Use - Tornado
Unleash - Whirlwind

Wooden Stick (Daila)

Price - 300
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 5/0
Unleash rate - 50
Water Attribute
Mercury Power (20) and Mars Resist (10)
Use - Ice Horn
Unleash - Prism

Armors
-----------
Cotton Shirt (Daila and Madra)

Price - 80
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 1/3
Unleash rate - 0
No Attribute
Agility (1o)
Use - Guard
Unleash - Nothing

Travel Vest (Daila and Alhafra)

Price - 150
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 3/7
Unleash rate - 0
No Attribute
Agility (15)
Use - Guard
Unleash - Nothing

One-Piece Dress (Daila)

Price - 120
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 0/6
Unleash rate - 0
No Attribute
Luck (2)
Use - Guardian
Unleash - Nothing

Wooden Shield (Daila, Madra, and Alhafra)

Price - 120
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 0/6
Unleash rate - 0
No Attribute
Agility (-5)
Use - Protect
Unleash - Nothing

Padded Gloves (Daila and Madra)

Price - 100
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 4/4
Unleash rate - 0
No Attribute
Max PP (10)
Use - Demon Spear
Unleash - Nothing

Leather Cap (Daila, Madra, and Alhafra)

Price - 80
Use - Single
Attack/Defense - 0/5
Unleash rate - 0
No Attribute
Use - Resist
Unleash - Nothing

This post has been edited by Atrius on Oct 24 2009, 04:25 PM

Salanewt

Actually, that equipment is really good. The only item that I changed (practically the only) was the Shaman's Rod. The problem with my hack is that the Shaman's Rod is too strong, you you can pretty much kill any enemy with it near the start (should it unleash Thunderhead, and be used for Hurricane?).

I wish you more good luck.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 30, August, 2009, 11:40:00 AMActually, that equipment is really good. The only item that I changed (practically the only) was the Shaman's Rod. The problem with my hack is that the Shaman's Rod is too strong, you you can pretty much kill any enemy with it near the start (should it unleash Thunderhead, and be used for Hurricane?).

I wish you more good luck.

Have a nice day.
Thank you Salanewt, you should see the later weapons (up to Lemuria) that are available. I was thinking of including the actual blueprints for the weapons, enemies, classes, etc., but you can view it through the editor I presume

Salanewt

Neat. Maybe I should upload my patch again sometime soon... Oh yeah, just a question... Have you added any of the unused enemies into the game (Vermin, etc.)?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

yeah and they include:
~Ruffian 3 (Purple Felix)
~Champa 2
~Dark Wizard (He's in the videos Golden Sun TLA: Difficulty Patch Battle and Golden Sun TLA: Getting My Revenge
~216. Vermin (He's actually at the very beginning of Golden Sun)
~237. Bandit (The one from Golden Sun is now Indigo Jenna)
~238. Thief (The one from Golden Sun is now green-yellow Sheba)
~239. Brigand (The one from Golden Sun is now sky blue Piers, who hasn't made his appearance yet)

I have some more unused enemies that I plan to use once I get back into my patch (Lemuria is full of weapons that I have to edit, but I'm being a little lazy with that right now ^-^)

Also, some former GS1 enemies will be re-appearing (like Vermin as I mentioned earlier) and even Mystery Man, Mystery Woman, Menardi, and Saturos ^-^, but don't think for a second that most of them will be easy (Mystery Man gave me the hardest time for awhile and I literally had to go back after I gained 2-3 levels o.O)

This post has been edited by zach on Aug 31 2009, 09:57 AM

Salanewt

Oh wow. Cool, I myself used a lot of the unused enemies as well. I think I should work some more on my patch as well.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 31, August, 2009, 10:57:00 AMOh wow. Cool, I myself used a lot of the unused enemies as well. I think I should work some more on my patch as well.

Have a nice day.
Yes it is very cool to get your butt kicked by Mystery Man like 10 times+, but I hope you have just as much fun working on your patch as I did :)

Salanewt

Thanks. By the way, are you doen your patch yet?

Maybe I can change some of the text with a HEX Editor (at least until the text editor is available).

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 31, August, 2009, 11:43:00 AMThanks. By the way, are you doen your patch yet?

Maybe I can change some of the text with a HEX Editor (at least until the text editor is available).

Have a nice day.
Nope, I'm still at Lemuria lol. I went on hiatus once band camp had started and I haven't even resume like I said I was

Salanewt

Oh, well, I hope you will find time to continue it soon.

Anyway, maybe you can make someone a Lumberjack? I am going to make Felix into a Lumberjack... And he's okay (or will Isaac be a lumberjack, and Felix becomes Yoshi?).

Have a nice day.

Zach

Well, I'm resuming my hack today, but never fret, I will still be looking for HEX for the M&L:SS editor. Lumberjack? Once I actually figure out what you mean by that, I will take that into consideration

Salanewt

Monty Python's Lumberjack Song.

Anyway, good luck on resuming your hack. I should do so myself soon... However, I have been busy doing random stuff.

Have a nice day.

Zach

yay, i finished editing the weapons won in the center, 1st, and 2nd circle of the Lemurian Spring =). Too bad I still got 3 more circles to go <.<. Also, next update is either before Jupiter Lighthouse or after

EDIT: I finally finished the weapons from the Lemurian Spring =D. Also here's what each weapon and armor generally does when used in battle. NOTE: Not all of them does the same thing in battle

All Weapons - Varies
Armor - Guard Aura
Clothing (Shirts, Coats, and Vests) - Guard
Robes - Guardian
Shields - Protect
Gloves - Demon Spear
Armlets - Ward
Helms - Protector
Caps (Caps, Crowns, Hoods, and Hats) - Resist
Circlet - Bind

Here's a general rundown of weapons and armors (general categories) abilities (i.e Max HP, PP Recovery, etc.)

Long Swords - Boosts Encounters (most weapons has this ability)
Light Blades - Boosts Encounters and for some, Agility Gain
Axes - Boosts Encounters and Agility Loss (but great Atk and Def stats to make up for it)
Maces - Varies
Staffs (Staffs, Rods, Wands, and Ankhs) - Varies
Armor - Good Defense and Agility Loss
Clothing (Shirts, Coats, and Vests) - Agility gain, mediocre defense, and attack (usually less then half of the defense stat)
Robes - Luck boost and average defense
Shields - Agility loss, mediocre attack, and average defense
Gloves - Max PP increase, Great Attack (for armor =D) and below average defense (usually half of the attack stat. even with high attack, it's hard to get go defense with this method)
Armlets - Nothing surprisingly o.O. Thinking about adding increase criticals or counterstrike rate
Helms - Max HP increase, mediocre-average attack strength (usually half of the defense stats) and great defense
Caps (Caps, Crowns, Hoods, and Hats) - Nothing surprisingly o.O. Thinking about adding increase criticals or counterstrike rate
Circlet - PP Recovery gain, horrid attack stat (usually 1/3 of the defense stat), and average defense

This post has been edited by zach on Sep 3 2009, 12:52 PM

Salanewt

Oh yeah. These look nice. I am looking forward to trying out your next patch.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Single Elemental Summons special effect/ability (which ever word is your cup of tea). Don't know why I didn't post this, but better late then never <.<

:VenusSet: - May multiply damage by 1, 2, or 3
 - May multiply damage by 1, 2, or 3
 - May ignore 50% of defense
 - May ignore 50% of defense
:MercurySet: - Inflict delusion
 - Inflict delusion
 - Halve Agility
 - Halve Agility
:MarsDjinni: - May inflict stun
 - May inflict stun
 - Ignore defense
 - Ignore defense
:JupiterSet: - May inflict seal
 - May inflict seal
 - Drop resistance by 20
 - Drop resistance by 20

Hope this helps :D

weckar

So on the higher half, Mars is far more potent than Venus, right?

Aile~♥

Here's how I would do it:

:VenusSet: May multiply damage by 1, 2, or 3.
May cause target to be unable to move.
Ignores Defence.
Always multiplies damage by 1, 2, or 3.

:MarsSet: May ignore 50% of Defence.
Ignores 50% of Defence.
60% chance to inflict Stun.
Always lowers target's Defence.

:MercurySet: May lower target's Resistance by 20.
Always inflicts Delusion.
Almost always multiplies damage by 1, 2, or 3.
Always halves target's Agility.

:JupiterSet: May inflict Psy Seal.
May multiply damage by 1, 2, or 3.
May inflict Venom.
High Crit. Chance. (Similar to the Gryphon psynergy.)

Don't go complaining that there's no pattern. Pattern isn't the point. The point is for it to make sense. I don't see how a barrage of arrows could inflict Psynergy Seal.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Sep 8 2009, 05:34 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Zach

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 08, September, 2009, 06:32:00 PMHere's how I would do it:

:VenusSet: May multiply damage by 1, 2, or 3.
May cause target to be unable to move.
Ignores Defence.
Always multiplies damage by 1, 2, or 3.

:MarsSet: May ignore 50% of Defence.
Ignores 50% of Defence.
60% chance to inflict Stun.
Always lowers target's Defence.

:MercurySet: May lower target's Resistance by 20.
Always inflicts Delusion.
Almost always multiplies damage by 1, 2, or 3.
Always halves target's Agility.

:JupiterSet: May inflict Psy Seal.
May multiply damage by 1, 2, or 3.
May inflict Venom.
High Crit. Chance. (Similar to the Gryphon psynergy.)

Don't go complaining that there's no pattern. Pattern isn't the point. The point is for it to make sense. I don't see how a barrage of arrows could inflict Psynergy Seal.
While most of this is possible, some of these will have to have a different approach taken until we can make new effects:

The following needs a different approach
----------------------------------------------
1. May cause the target to be unable to move
~The closest you can do is "May inflict Stun"

2. Always multiplies damage by 1, 2, or 3
~The closest you can do are "May multiply damage by 1, 2, or 3", "May cause double damage", and/or "May cause triple damage"

3. 60% chance to inflict stun
~Refer to #1

4. May lower target's Resistance by 20
~The closest you can do is "Drop resistance by 40" or "Drop resistance by 20"

5. Almost always multiplies damage by 1, 2, or 3.
~Refer to #2

6. High Critical Chance
~The closest you can do would be one of the damage multipliers

And trust me, you have some good ideas, but I wasn't going to complain about no pattern. I made the pattern due to limited abilities (they loop after awhile), until we can add abilities. And as for the arrows inflicting Seal, it could happen when she does it due to her being a goddess (and that shouldn't be too hard for her) and since they are magic arrows (though any effect could actually fit into that now that I think about it)

Salanewt

Oh yeah, those are good ideas...

As for stun zach, it could also be Sleep (which suits Jupiter better in my opinion, maybe Mercury).

Anyway, are you going to work with the other summons? If so, then I would give Eclipse something like "Uses Pure Wish" when it is used (similar to Iris using Aurora Field), or maybe that should go to Azul, and Eclipse can have HP Drain (or Psy Drain)... Anyway, it is your choice, but that is what I would do.

Maybe Haures or Charon could have a chance of inflicting Death (Haurse has a chance, if possible, and Charon will do it).

Well, have a nice day, and I hope that you like these ideas.

Zach

True, and I've actually haven't thought up any ideas for the dual elemental summons yet =/. And as for the "Pure Wish" Idea, the closest you can get to is regeneration of 60% HP for 5 turns, health draining, recovering 30%-70% HP, or reviving to 30%-80% HP =/