News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Zach's Difficulty Patch!

Started by Zach, 11, August, 2009, 11:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

What about Ulysses? It can inflict Unable to Move on the target. Why can't our summons do that?

Also, the chance of the additional effect can be edited through the ability editor, correct?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Zach

Ulysses effect is "Lose 12% of HP and may lose next turn". I don't ever recall seeing her special effect before and didn't even know what it meant when it said "may lose next turn". But I'll take your word that it makes them unable to move. As I said before, we cannot change/edit effects, percentages, etc. at all with the current editor

Salanewt

Hm... Maybe not with the editor, but Atrius might know where they are located in HEX... ... ...

Anyway, I thought that you could make abilities also use psynergies (sounds odd, but I am looking at how Iris fully restores everyone).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

I thought we could change the secondary effects of monster skills and Psynergies.

thenightsshadow

Ulysses' effect is wrong.  The 12% is coded in, and changing the effect from that to Cage doesn't affect its damage in any way.

Just a little FYI.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Zach

@ Jamie: The only thing we can't change ability wise are effects in the ability section (which has all the effects of every move, ability, psynergy, and summon)

@ TNS: Thank you, I will remember that

Aile~♥

So, we can set any effect already coded into the game, but we cannot change percent chance?

Some info, for those who didn't know:

Magaera: May raise party's Attack.
Zagan: May lower enemies' Defence.
Flora: May put enemies to sleep.
Moloch: May reduce targets' Agility by 50%.
Ulysses: May cause enemies to be unable to move.
Eclipse: May lower enemies' Attack.
Catastrophe: May cause additional PP damage to foes.
Azul: May inflict Stun.
Coatlicue: Heals party with base power of 60, and heals party by 60% of total HP for 5 turns. This summon does not inflict damage to foes.
Haures: May inflict Deadly Poison.
Deadalus: Damage spread over multiple turns.
Charon: May cause instant death.
Iris: Fully heals and revives all party members.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Sep 9 2009, 07:12 PM

Zach

Pretty much

EDIT: The only summoning effect you can actually edit is Aurora Field (Iris uses this) since it's not a percentage and since you can change the healing statistic in the power section.  

This post has been edited by zach on Sep 10 2009, 07:17 PM

Atrius (He/Him)

That's completely off topic Giga Bowser, next time find a more appropriate location to post your question.  To answer it though, text editing is coming in the next version.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Hm... zach, are you going to give other summons abilities similar to what Iris or Coatlique have if possible (or when possible)?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 16, September, 2009, 08:17:00 PMHm... zach, are you going to give other summons abilities similar to what Iris or Coatlique have if possible (or when possible)?

Have a nice day.
I actually haven't thought up any new abilities for them, so right now they still have their same old abilities (doubt that I'll give Iris a new ability, but I might nerf it)

Salanewt

Oh, nerfing it is a good idea. An idea for someone like Ulyssus might also have the ability to remove a certain status ailment... Just as an idea.

Have a nice day.

GIGA BOWER LV 100

Atriuz, When will be possible to edit the names of enemies?

Salanewt

Hm... Why not start a new topic then?

zach? Are you going to do anything extra with Djinn unleashes as well?

Have a nice day.

Zach

I was actually going to wait till the next version to do that

GIGA BOWER LV 100

Sorry for my mistake Atriuz, but not a topic related to my question

I will wait for version 3.0 hehe

About the PATCH ... I do not think a good idea to be spreading it even here xD

A Good week for All (^_^)\,,/

Salanewt

Oh cool. I am looking forward to it.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Just a little note when fighting Briggs. When he dies, there's a possibility that the Sea Fighter may do Regen Dance (if he's alive). So beware until I update this <.<

Zach

Although I should've did this earlier, here is a rundown of items for the Lemurian Spring and some equipment suggestions purely from the spring. NOTE: I'm going to post SOME of the statistics, not all. Also, seeing how this is a lucky well, some of these items will increase criticals (which compensates for some of the difficulty in this patch). The list is as followed:

Center Circle
-------------
Summon: Eclipse
Aegis Shield - 17450
Erebus Armor - 18000
Hestia Blade - 23000

1st Circle
----------
Aegis Shield - 17450
Floral Dress - 18000
Mighty Axe - 22250
Minerva Helm - 19750

2nd Circle
----------
Erebus Armor - 18000
Fireman's Pole - 18500
Floral Dress - 18000
Leda's Bracelet - 18250
Mighty Axe - 22250
Crown of Glory - 19750

3rd Circle
----------
Brilliant Circlet - 20500
Crafted Gloves - 19000
Hestia Blade - 23000
Leda's Bracelet - 18250
Wild Coat - 19500

Outer Circle
------------
Minerva Helm - 19750
Wild Coat - 19500
Water of Life - 3000

Outside
-------
Brilliant Circlet - 20500
Potion - 1000
Psy Crystal - 1500
Water of Life - 3000

Stats
-----
Aegis Shield

Attack/Defense - 25/48
Use - Protect

Erebus Armor

Attack/Defense - 24/52
Use - Guard Aura

Hestia Blade

Attack/Defense - 165/126
Use - Pyroclasm

Floral Dress

Attack/Defense - 24/44
Use - Sleep

Mighty Axe

Attack/Defense - 163/122
Use - Epicenter

Minerva Helm

Attack/Defense - 26/52
Use - Protector

Fireman's Pole

Attack/Defense - 138/84
Use - Resist

Leda's Bracelet

Attack/Defense - 27/51
Use - Reflect (Very useful)

Crown of Glory

Attack/Defense - 23/50
Use - Psy Boost

Brilliant Circlet

Attack/Defense - 17/51
Use - Bind

Crafted Gloves

Attack/Defense - 54/27
Use - Demon Spear

Wild Coat

Attack/Defense - 26/48
Use - Guard

Weapons

Personally I would go with the Hestia Blade since it raises Mars Power and Max HP by 50 each (plus it has good Atk/Def). When used in battle, it uses Pyroclasm on the enemies. Another reason I would choose this is because of it doesn't lower your stats (unless you had a weapon that increased agility, but there's only like 2-3 that does that), compared to the Mighty Axe (which lowers stats). Equip able only by the guys (excluding Ivan).

Armors

The only armor you receive from the well is the Erebus Armor (still awesome though =D). Like the other Armors, it uses Guard Aura and has HP Recovery (50)

Clothing

Both the Floral Dress and the Wild Coat are great choices, but seeing how only the ladies can equip the Floral Dress, it would be best to give the Wild Coat to a guy. Floral Dress puts enemies to sleep and raises criticals (10), while the Wild Coat raises Agility (50) and can use Guard

Shields

The only shield you get from the well is the Aegis Shield, which uses Protect like the other shields and increases criticals (10)

Gloves

The only pair of gloves you get from the well are the Crafted Gloves, which uses Demon Spear and raises Max PP (60) like the other Gloves. I feel like I could do more with this, but for now, I'll leave it as is.

Armlets

The only armlet you get from the well is Leda's Bracelet, which raises your Jupiter Power (40) and uses the beta move (which can be used in battle =D) Reflect. Reflect decreases damage by 60% to 3 allies (which is kinda broken, but if the bracelet breaks you'd have to pay quite a chunk of money to fix it ._.). I know this Armlet will be abused to hell, but it'll be fun fixing it over and over again (assuming that it'll break after 2-3 uses)

Helms

The only helm you get from the well is the Minevra Helm, which raises you Max HP (65), Max PP (50), and casts Protector (like the other Helms). A great choice since it has nice abilities and stats (26 Atk/52 Def =D)

Caps

The only cap you get from the well is the Crown of Glory, which has HP Recovery (50), PP Recovery (30), and uses Psy Boost (which in raises your PP by 50, but can only be used on the user). If you like to use psynergy or have terrible keeping your HP up, then this would be a great choice for you (and the stats aren't half bad either 23 Atk/50 Def)

Circlets

The only circlet you get from the well is the Brilliant Circlet, which (like the other circlets) gives you PP Recovery (30) and (unlike any other weapon/armor) raises your Luck (30). Now I realize that that's high, but I'm probably going to halve it or bring it down to 10. Still a nice accessory though

I will get into individual people tomorrow, so until then........

This post has been edited by zach on Sep 27 2009, 10:25 PM

Salanewt

Looks nice. I am also looking forward to testing this out, but I am still a bit busy with trying to find some information for Mario and Luigi (I think I am going to try to locate some information for each mini game soon, it shouln't be too hard).

Have a nice day.