News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Hello all ^^

Started by Formina, 08, June, 2014, 09:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Formina

Hi all! I have been lurking here for a little bit and the stuff you guys do around here seems interesting so I decided to join. I've been a long time fan of the Golden Sun series (I have not played Dark Dawn, but from what I hear, I'm not missing too much). I used to be apart of Golden Sun Realm's Forumplanet forums a very long time ago (over 10 years) and I recently joined back up with them at Golden Sunrise last month, but I'm also quite interested in the technical side of things here. ^^

I haven't done much with the editor, however I am attempting to make a Golden Sun fan-game and the editor is quite useful for giving me the statistics of enemies and so on. ^^

Anyways, even though things appear pretty quiet around here I hope to meet some new people and be apart of the community! :)

Luna_blade

Hi! Welcome to our to our community! :happy:
It has been a bit quite indeed lately, but we've had some activity a month or two ago.

Quote from: ForminaI haven't done much with the editor, however I am attempting to make a Golden Sun fan-game and the editor is quite useful for giving me the statistics of enemies and so on. ^^
Always nice to someone making a hack. Could you give us some details?
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Salanewt

Howdy, and welcome! Also all of what Teawater said.

We hope you'll be very happy here, dear!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Luna_blade

Quote from: Salanewt on 08, June, 2014, 09:50:27 AM
Howdy, and welcome! Also all of what Teawater said.
:happy:Teawater didn't say anything yet right?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Formina

Thank you for the warm welcome! :happy:

I'm not really making a hack for the game, but more of a re-creation of the original games. I eventually want it to be online multiplayer, so you can team up with other Adepts to solve puzzles, explore the world, and also battle each other. I'm trying to make it feel like the original games by using the same sprites, sounds and effects. ^^

And.. no, I don't think so. xD Salanewt is confuzzled, maybe?

Luna_blade

Quote from: Formina on 08, June, 2014, 10:12:39 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome! :happy:

I'm not really making a hack for the game, but more of a re-creation of the original games. I eventually want it to be online multiplayer, so you can team up with other Adepts to solve puzzles, explore the world, and also battle each other. I'm trying to make it feel like the original games by using the same sprites, sounds and effects. ^^
Okay, sounds good. Also reminds me a bit of this:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1563.0
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Formina

Ooo, I remember reading through that topic! Did it ever go anywhere? It seems like it kind of died off. o.o

I realize the project sounds kind of ambitious. XD Currently, i'm just aiming for a working battle system (against AI), then against other people, and then see where it goes from there.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

All of what Teawater said. And I said nothing... So maybe it's all of nothing? :)

Anyway, hello there. Welcome to Golden Sun Hacking Community, and all of what Salanewt said.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Ah, that's cool! I remember Atrius and Kioll each trying to make something like that a while ago, and they looked like pretty cool concepts.

Oh, oops. I mistook Luna for Teawater. Carry on! :D
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kain

Hello and welcome to the site.  Read what rules we have for now (because they're being revamped at the moment) and enjoy your stay.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

FrozenWrath

Target confirmed.

Please stand still while we prepare to eliminate you.

Deploying: Frozen Wrath

leaf

Welcome! That sounds like an interesting project you've got going there.

Oh, and ignore scarlet.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Haha! Scarlet! It's supposed to be:

Target is confirmed!

Please stand still while we prepare your teawater!

Here, have a glass!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Lord Wolfram

Nice to meat someone new around.
There are one big project so you are welcome to join us.
Here you can find many interesting places so have fun!

Formina

Thanks everyone! And I will make sure to read the rules! I'm not sure if I can post a link to my project (It's a flash thingy, so you can play in browser), but if I can I'll gladly post so you guys can check it out. ^^

I took a look at what Atrius (I found some flash demo thingies of the overworld and stuff) and Kioll had done, but it looks like those projects never took off / finished. So hopefully I can fill in the gap there. XD

I think the way it works here is that you can't post commercial/copyrighted ROMs...

Even if you couldn't post links, I think you can still tell us what you named it so we can search for it.)

A Google search of "formina golden sun fan-game", didn't get me anywhere.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Formina

It's not a ROM - its a flash game that I made, but it does contain sprites and sounds from Golden Sun. So i'm not sure if its legal or not. Atrius posted some flash demos before, so I assume I should be okay to do it? o.o

Yeah, I know you said it was Flash... I was just saying what I know...

Also, Atrius has a whole set of Golden Sun Sprites on his server that you can access via a certain BBCode... that along with his Flash demo(s)/etc... makes me think you are okay to post a link..

There might be some posts on this forum containing conversation between me and Atrius on the sprites, but I forget where it was... the gist was that it was a touchy subject/gray area or something...? My memory is probably foggy, but I take it that it was okay.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Formina

Oops, sorry! Read your post wrongly. ^^;  :Sweat:

Okay, here it is! https://db.tt/R4Jfs9wQ. I've been working on it for a couple of weeks now so it's nowhere near complete. The controls are the same as the default for VBA.. so your A button is "Z", B button is "X". Arrow keys to move around and navigate menus.

Currently the only thing you can do is open up the menu and battle against another party (By selecting the Battle option from the menu). Currently, you can attack and there is (very limited) Psynergy available. It's still kinda buggy and there's lots of things to fix up, so go easy on me! :happy:

Seems alright for a start. Keep up the good work.

The first thing I noticed was Isaac moves slow. (Or is that just me?)
I also noticed some layer-problems.. Isaac standing on a tree? Hmm... and the menu icon to the right of the active icon seem to be on top....

I see you have it so that you can rotate the camera with L and R. (A and S on the keyboard.) I wonder if you read a post I made once about me finding an unused/hidden  feature inside GS's code that does the same thing...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden