News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

What Is Your Favorite Gs1/gs2 Song?

Started by Nicktallica, 26, April, 2009, 08:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sajin

Whoa, I didn't knew Dehkan Plateau's theme was used that much in the first GS...

Aile~♥

I thought Fuchin Temple used Champa's theme?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

The cave is the same as at Dekhan Plateau, and the actual temple introduced a new theme.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Yup! And Sala wins an imaginary candy bar!

And the Collosso theme was used a lot aswell, wasn't it? It was used after you gave Tret the Water of Hermes, at collosso (duh) and I can remeber hearing it in the Lunpa Fortress some time after killing Dodonpa's toad, his HUGE BLUE PEOPLE EATING TOAD. Oh, and at Trial Road.

Aile~♥

A lot of areas use Colosso's Race Theme, but Trial Road is unique: it uses Colosso's Battle Theme. Yes, that's right, they used a battle theme as an area theme.

I'll swear Fuchin Temple uses the same music as is used in Champa in GS2. It certainly doesn't use the same music as the Kandorean Temple, or the same music as Xian.

Salanewt

Fuchin Temple does have the same theme (or at least a similar one) as Xian Temple. I just beat the game again over the weekend anyway. If you want proof, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIqYLCSeX14

And to allow you to compare without forcing you to search for another video, here is Champa's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMBtEXONuyI&feature=related (at approximately 5:00 is a good time to fast forward to).

They are kind of similar though.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

I personally like most of the battle themes (important exception: Jenna's and the first games boss battle theme), but my favourite song is Ivan's theme. Dunno why lol

Aile~♥

I find it kind of odd: half of everyone who has played GS2 LOVES Jenna's battle theme, and the other half HATES it!

And yeah, the first GS has a very bad boss theme.

But none of the battle music in GS comes even close to the battle music in Tales of Symphonia. No idea why that is, considering the same guy did the music for both games. (Compare Felix's theme or Isaac's theme to Like a Glint of Light or Full Force and see what I mean, lol.)

@Sala: Huh, I must have miss-remembered. Ah, well, one thing I DO know is that there's somewhere in the first GS that uses the same track as Champa.

Shinigami

So nanoka~

Awec

Tundaria Tower/Aqua Rock.
Also all the lighthouses has good themes (although I associate Mercury Lighthouse's theme more with the Suhalla gate, since I played TLA first.)
Isaac and Saturos Battle themes are definitely the best, with TLA's boss theme coming close.
I have to admit, I preferred a lot of GS1's music to TLA.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Aile~♥

Jenna's Battle Theme, Place Your Bets, and the GS1 theme. Oh, and the GS2 credits music.

Salanewt

Jenna's theme is okay, but it could have had a few more instruments and tracks in my opinion. I still like Saturos' theme, but I am starting to think that we may not be able to call it that for very much longer.

[spoiler=Dark Dawn]
Because pretty much every optional boss uses it in Dark Dawn when Saturos only had it once (but he was the first to use it).[/spoiler]

I kind of liked every battle theme, and both final boss themes...

[spoiler=Dark Dawn]
blew Dark Dawn's out of the water. Of course, the composer was using a different style for some reason, which is why I did not find the audio as good as it was in the first two games.[/spoiler]

And the Karagol Sea theme is probably one of the best as well.

[spoiler=Dark Dawn]
WHY WASN'T IT IN DARK DAWN??? WE HEARD IT DURING THE TRAILER! It sounded even better with that remix, but they should have used it![/spoiler]

And this is my opinion, my favourite probably being either Venus Lighthouse, Karagol Sea, or Lemuria. I really like the Imil theme, Tundaria Tower, and the Ankohl Ruins had a good theme too. Anemos Sanctum was fun as well.

Have a nice day.

ScottTheAdept

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Sol Sanctum's theme, yet? Maybe because it's only in one area of GS1?

So Sol Sanctum's theme is definitely a good one, maybe one of the best. All of the battle themes are nice, too, but Jenna's theme is missing something... Don't get me wrong, It's still alright in terms of moderation.
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Aile~♥

Maybe you're the one who's missing something.

Honestly, I didn't like Sol Sanctum's theme much. And it's also used in Anemos Sanctum in GS2.

Awec

Quote from: ScottTheAdept on 09, December, 2010, 04:10:20 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Sol Sanctum's theme, yet? Maybe because it's only in one area of GS1?

So Sol Sanctum's theme is definitely a good one, maybe one of the best. All of the battle themes are nice, too, but Jenna's theme is missing something... Don't get me wrong, It's still alright in terms of moderation.
Agreed. I rather forgot about Sol Sanctum's theme.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

ScottTheAdept

Sol Sanctum's Theme is elsewhere? I must've forgotten it was in GS2. Eh, Sol Sanctum still was the only place in GS1 to have that theme, though. You gotta give me credit for that.

Ah, I didn't mean to offend you, Jamie, it's just I rushed through Jenna's fights and didn't really take too much time to listen to it. I'll start a new game, if only to hear it. I'm sorry.

Aile~♥

You didn't offend me, and btw, it's track #47 in GS2's sound test.

I was just pointing out that there is actually a more bass section, to go along with all the high, cheery notes. You just generally don't notice it unless you use headphones.

Also, the Vale theme is pretty nice too.

ScottTheAdept

Now that you mention Vale, I'm reminded of the world map theme of GS1.

I like how Vale's theme is very calm and relaxing as if to say, "Take it easy, you're just starting." While the world map theme can pump you up like saying, "Let's do this! They are no match for your abilities!" I also remember the Venus Lighthouse theme. How kind, you're treated to great music before you even gain control.

Btw, I tried the headphones thing earlier today with Jenna's theme like you said, and... I am now a believer. Why isn't it more common?

Pkmn-Master

If you listen to the drums in the very beginning of the Jenna Battle, they go from the right speaker to the left. It's pretty cool.

Roareye

Ahh... tundaria tower theme, and all of it's glory.
I may be a bit rusty now... but lightning still flows through my veins.

The moon of Jupiter.