Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 15, 2017, 09:48:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making text editor.  (Read 31084 times)
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

I am the Angel of darkness and I am back.

Coins: 2

I am: fine!

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »

I can't get VB.NET
Dam'n!
Tell me Fox(Teawater) why not gamemaker?
Using java...How?
Can you please make data handler for me Please!

Anybody! Help me giving more some advice!
View Profile WWW
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

Coins: 0

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 05:42:16 PM »

I can't get VB.NET
Dam'n!
Tell me Fox(Teawater) why not gamemaker?
Using java...How?
Can you please make data handler for me Please!

Anybody! Help me giving more some advice!
Oh yeah I forgot the real VB.NET (or visual studio) is hella overpriced.

Again, I think you should look for existing documentation.

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 02:34:46 AM »

Some reasons why I don't like Game Maker:

-Atrius's editor has a high CPU usage, which is unnecessary.
-All of your controls have to be made from scratch. VB.Net/Java/etc. has some built-in controls that may make the process easier. (Think textbox, combo-box, numerics, etc.)
-Atrius needed to use a DLL to do I/O loading, and I think it'd be better to have a stand-alone executable if that's all you'd need a DLL for.
-Navigation in the creation program may be more of a pain.

The overpriced version of Visual Studio can be gotten for free.. if you look for the product key off site somewhere... but the latest VS does require W8, I think. so it might not be much use to you right now. You can still do Visual Basic Express, though. (Which is 100% legally free.)

@Java: You need two things... JDK and an IDE: @IDE: Either Eclipse or NetBeans if you want the popular Java IDEs.

(Although, I'm not sure if Eclipse has the JDK already built-in to it or not, but... hm...)

Happy U.S. Independence Day!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:57:17 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
Did you know? In English, you are suppose to capitalize the languages. (e.g. English is a proper noun.) Subjects like math, science, history can be left lower-cased unless they are a title. (Kind of like how you can say either "my mom" or "Mom" in "I went with (X) to the store.", except that I don't think languages are ever lower-cased in English.) In Spanish, both subjects and languages are left lower-cased. (I put this here because I've noticed people make this mistake quite often. And am curious if they know about this, and whether they use their way because they believe this grammar usage should have never been a thing?

Remember kids! In getting a job, it's not about what you know, it's about WHO you know! So start making friends with the people that work where you want to work. :) (Friend of a friend and volunteering count too, so keep that in mind.)[/si
View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 08:28:52 AM »

Quote from: Fox
The overpriced version of Visual Studio can be gotten for free.. if you look for the product key off site somewhere... but the latest VS does require W8, I think. so it might not be much use to you right now. You can still do Visual Basic Express, though. (Which is 100% legally free.)
Oh I'm also almost sure that the newest requires Windows 8. Maybe a 64bit windows 7 also works?
Anyway, I used VS2012 like 3 years ago for a short while. But since starting again I have used 2008, which works fine on Windows XP. I didn't know 'bout product keys yet Um...

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 04:07:07 PM »

Something is wrong with any version of VB.net
To the hell with it! Fury
                          Saturos

@Fox. So in other words to translate that game I don't need datahandler.
Happy U.S. Independence Day!
Happy! I will calibrate with you!

I look forward to get some staff for Java then...
View Profile WWW
FrozenWrath
The Decieved
Mercury Clan

Let's rock!

I am: the embodiment of hatred and anger, the Frozen Wrath!

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »

You're not a computer, Saturos.

You're a Proxian. So celebrate with us!
View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 07:02:26 AM »

You're not a computer, Saturos.

You're a Proxian. So celebrate with us!
Hahaha!
Thank you Scarlet!
By reading this my mood has become better.
What a terible morning for me it was.
Hahaha
 Happy   Happy   Happy Happy
 Saturos Menardi AgatioKarst
View Profile WWW
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 08:34:45 AM »

And you're absolutely sure you installed the right .NET Framework?
Otherwise, I don't have a clue what the problem is and then it might indeed be more usefull to switch to Java.
 Happy
:Babi:
 Um...
:Luna_blade:
If it only would have worked...

View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 09:48:09 AM »

And you're absolutely sure you installed the right .NET Framework?
By the way, which one was it again? Almost forgot that that was the problem... So thanks for mentioning.

@Swithcing to Java: How would it be more 'useful'? Are you referring to multi-platformness, or something else?

@Fox. So in other words to translate that game I don't need datahandler.
Correct. A DLL is a Dynamic Link Library... Basically, it's like storing functions/code in an external file. I think they're useful for when you want to code in multiple languages. But I don't think you'll be needing it. (Unless you are trying to learn to code.)

Having DLLs may also be useful if you have many programs that use the same functions. (I think) Since it may save space, assuming programs cannot easily access code in other programs. ; However, I doubt that applies to us right now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:09:54 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Did you know? In English, you are suppose to capitalize the languages. (e.g. English is a proper noun.) Subjects like math, science, history can be left lower-cased unless they are a title. (Kind of like how you can say either "my mom" or "Mom" in "I went with (X) to the store.", except that I don't think languages are ever lower-cased in English.) In Spanish, both subjects and languages are left lower-cased. (I put this here because I've noticed people make this mistake quite often. And am curious if they know about this, and whether they use their way because they believe this grammar usage should have never been a thing?

Remember kids! In getting a job, it's not about what you know, it's about WHO you know! So start making friends with the people that work where you want to work. :) (Friend of a friend and volunteering count too, so keep that in mind.)[/si
View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 05:47:06 PM »

I will dawnload JDK real soon.
Once I get it how will I use this(For What purpose?)?

And IDE...
For what will I use it?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 06:03:48 PM »

JDK = Java Development Kit - I'm guessing it's the compiler, or something. (Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Development_Kit for contents.)  I know it has to be downloaded separately if you use NetBeans, but I'm not sure about if you use Eclipse.
IDE = Integrated Development Environment - This is the program you code in.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:06:32 PM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »

By the way, which one was it again? Almost forgot that that was the problem... So thanks for mentioning.

@Swithcing to Java: How would it be more 'useful'? Are you referring to multi-platformness, or something else?
VS 2008 supports 3.5 and later 4.0 I think...
More usefull because he fails to use VS... I guess a bad choice of words there.
Correct. A DLL is a Dynamic Link Library... Basically, it's like storing functions/code in an external file. I think they're useful for when you want to code in multiple languages. But I don't think you'll be needing it. (Unless you are trying to learn to code.)

Having DLLs may also be useful if you have many programs that use the same functions. (I think) Since it may save space, assuming programs cannot easily access code in other programs. ; However, I doubt that applies to us right now.
I forgot DLLs in .Net Framework are actually multi-language. I'd love to have a little discussion about why and how DLLs...

@Saturos: Good luck.

View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 10:41:26 AM »

Which kit you suggest?which is needed?
I can't download too much because of limits of internet...

* Help me!.bmp (2304.05 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 300 times.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:20:37 PM by Saturos » Logged
View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 05:48:26 AM »

Java SE might be the one you're interested in.

I think SE means Standard Edition, and EE means Enterprise Edition.

Not sure of the main differences between the two at the moment, but it seems like EE does web applications...

Mouse over the plus signs on the left if it helps.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:52:39 AM by Fox » Logged

View Profile
Lord Wolfram
The Lone Wolf
Mars Clan

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »

Alright downloading SE.
Downloading in process Um... Um... Um... Fury Irate Idea hmm while it is loading I am thinking.
I downloaded this JDK file Name (jdk1.8.0_05) Question is this correct file? or I must look for other?
I have to wait 6 minutes...I hate to wait sometimes Irate

Now once again there is a problem! Exclamation
To instal this I need JDK in special folder or something Um...
I will ask help to my sister because I must go well then lets hope she will success.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:05:51 PM by Saturos » Logged
View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 13, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.
December 06, 2017, 12:08:12 AM
Fox: No idea. I just wish OpenGoldenSun would release it as unfinished, but oh well.
December 05, 2017, 06:52:09 AM
MaxiPower: Bummed out that the open golden sun project is dead it seems with no actitivy in close to a year at this point. Is there any hope left in any other projects?
November 27, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Fox: (When I say research, mainly refering to the data in the game, though checking websites can count to a degree.)
November 27, 2017, 09:52:27 AM
Fox: Maybe. But Dark Dawn is meh, hahah... I still research it, though, because data can be interesting.
November 27, 2017, 05:28:36 AM
Portakin: I'm here! This game is underrated!
November 25, 2017, 08:03:23 PM
Fox: .... and the email listed in that post makes me think we should just make a new rules topic with most of the same information. (So the old ones can be sort o archived.)

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise