News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

? - Cookie

Started by MaxiPower, 11, October, 2008, 04:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Quote-Atrius
-???
I have no idea, you get a cookie if you can tell me what it does if anything

concerning the ??? when editing a weapon I beleive that it is for items that are given to people during the game.. for example the laughing fungus or the dancing idol. i checked a few more items and they are have this box ticked whereas others don't

do i get a cookie

Atrius (He/Him)

Hmm... The Large Bread (Item 457) that you give to the hungry child doesn't have it checked, and the Signal Whistle (#450) which you technically can't get at all does though.  I suppose that's worth looking into though, I'll check it out.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

weckar

You don't actually give away the Laughing fungus. I think there's more to it than that.

Rolina

...Hmm, can someone provide a list of them?  I know the elemental stars and mythril bags seem to share one of the ???s.

So then, for each of the ???s, we need a list of all the items that have them... A list for each of the three ??? options...  I'm sure we could figure SOMETHING out...

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 27, October, 2008, 06:21:00 AM...Hmm, can someone provide a list of them?  I know the elemental stars and mythril bags seem to share one of the ???s.

So then, for each of the ???s, we need a list of all the items that have them... A list for each of the three ??? options...  I'm sure we could figure SOMETHING out...
i,ll get on to that now

Edit: hmm i thought there would be more. i didnt come across any with the other ???

Question Mark 1

220 Venus Star
221 Mercury Star
222 Mythril Bag
223 Mythril Bag
224 Mythril Bag
245 Mythril Bag
246 Jupitar Star
247 Mars Star
448 Healing Fungus
449 Laughing Fungus
450 Signal Wistle
451 Dancing Idol
452 Pretty Stone
453 Red Cloth
454 Milk
455 Li'l turtle

weckar

those seem to be all items that can't be used nor equiped...

Matrim

Could they be the non droppable or quest items?

Atrius (He/Him)

The flag for those is "An Important Item" jdmj90.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

weckar

I'm pretty sure I'm right now.

I do wonder why the mercury and venus stars even appear in this game?

MaxiPower

Quote from: weckar on 27, October, 2008, 02:18:00 PMI'm pretty sure I'm right now.

I do wonder why the mercury and venus stars even appear in this game?
perhaps they wanted them in there so someone could find it and you know... make some kickass games  

Rolina

They show up because they were in the first game.  All the stuff from the first game is still here in TLA.

The elemental stars can be equipped by Isaac and Felix.  They don't do anything though.  It'd make sense if they added Elemental Power and Resistance, but... they don't.

Perhaps they're Quest Items?

Atrius (He/Him)

I thought maybe it might be so the game knows to let you select the 'use' option on them when the time comes, but then Large Bread would have that flag checked too...

weckar

well, actually, none of the listed items ever get a use option. they are used or given without player selection.

Rolina

That may be it.  Items that are automatically removed at certain points.  Probably a comment flag for the developers, though, since the game would be coded to take out those specific items at those events.

Atrius (He/Him)

That's what I'm starting to think, Role.

weckar

can anyone confirm that those events remain the same without those flags?

Menaus

All of these items except 1 have to do with either the main quest or the trading sequence.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Well, I thought it was likely that it could be a flag to avoid using them somewhere (/losing them in an event where you won't be able to finish trading seqence/etc.)... I already checked trial roads though, but they only allow you to use weapons and stuff...

These are just "?" and "Items".

Also, rare items that are dropped appear in shop artifacts, and signal whistle is 0 coins... hmm...

Seeing that you can't technically get Signal Whistle makes me think about battles... hmm...

EDIT: These are items you cannot transfer with the Gold Password. (If you attempted to, they'd simply be removed.) Topic Closed!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)