News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Music editing

Started by MaxiPower, 03, January, 2009, 08:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerulyth

I officially love you for life, Charon.

MaxiPower

Charon do you know any programs that you can create new music from scratch that can be imported into the games, and that also sounds familiar

Charon

I use Anvil Studio. It's free and it's got everything I need.

It's important to make sure your tracks lines up exactly, or else the repeat will be funky.

zip_dog12

Hello. I just registered to this board because I have a quick question about this ELF method. I downloaded the only Sappy 1.6 I could find on the Internet. The file saved as sappy16.zip, I extracted it and...huh? No sappy.txt anywhere. There is of course the readme_sappy.txt, but nothing similar. My question is how do I get the file sappy.txt or, for that matter, make Golden Sun TLA compatible in Sappy. Is there any other download available that has sappy.txt? Thanks.

zip_dog12

Lol I can't delete my other post. Anyway, I think I've figured out two things:

1) I'm a noob at this.
2) I'm supposed to open up sappy.lst in tile viewer, correct? I changed the file extension to .txt and discovered that it's definitely the right file. At this point I'll try to figure it out. I guess I'd better get tile viewer first :P

Charon

Uh... no. What you do is you put the MIDI in the mid folder. Then, you use the program Tr. Then, you open Song.gba in Tile Molester. The music data is already compiled in the GBA's format.

Matrim

I also have a probelm with sappy. like mentioned before there is no sappy.txt but there is a sappy.lst to modify. I changed the AGSE to AGFE abd changed whta i believe is the offset, which was the only non 0 entry, it still did not work.

AGFE, Golden Sun (U), sapphire, blank, blank, 0x81C4530, 0, 0

Salanewt

QuoteI also have a probelm with sappy. like mentioned before there is no sappy.txt but there is a sappy.lst to modify. I changed the AGSE to AGFE abd changed whta i believe is the offset, which was the only non 0 entry, it still did not work.

I have a similar problem. Th only thing that might be different for me is that I am not sure where to change AGSE to AGFE.

EDIT: Would it be possible to somehow add music without replacing it? If it is (or is not), then is it possible to add SNES music files (using different programs, but adding them in the same way as with only GBA)?

Please help me, and thank you in advance.
Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 2 2009, 01:02 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

So, do y'all know if there's room to add more instruments if needed?

Salanewt

QuoteSo, do y'all know if there's room to add more instruments if needed?

I was wondering about this myself. I also happen to be a mostly new hacker, but i have had some easy practice with editors (and a little bit with a HEX editor). Anyway, is it possible to change/add instruments, and is ti possible to add music without replacing any. Also, I am sure that this is not done by music editing, but is there a way to change where you hear the music?

Thank you in advance, and please have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

This is a little bit off-topic here, but... Is there room to add more playable characters and enemies, and if so, when are there going to be "New" and "Import" options in the editor for things like Music, sprites, playable, characters, enemies, and Psynergies.

I just decided to post it here because you were discussing ROM space.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

Quote from: jdmj90 on 15, June, 2009, 12:44:00 PMI also have a probelm with sappy. like mentioned before there is no sappy.txt but there is a sappy.lst to modify. I changed the AGSE to AGFE abd changed whta i believe is the offset, which was the only non 0 entry, it still did not work.

AGFE, Golden Sun (U), sapphire, blank, blank, 0x81C4530, 0, 0
AGFE, Golden Sun: The Lost Age (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H1C4530, 0, 0
BPRE, Golden Sun (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H4A32CC, 0, 0

is what you want.

You need the &H instead of the 0x it seems.

And yes, it is possible to change instruments and their corresponding PCM audio wavs.

Salanewt

Hello, Charon? I was just wondering... Where did you find the programs? I have been searching for them, but I have only found 2 of them. Sappy and one of the others. Please help me if you get a chance, Google is not finding the websites for me.

Have a nice day.

Charon

Which two?

Tr.exe comes with the mid2gba package.

Salanewt

Oh, thank you. It was probably the package that I was unable to find. Anyway, than you. I will try searching for everything again on Sunday (or Monday, if I do not have any time on Sunday).

Have a nice day.

Matrim

I still don't find any music with that line of code. its still all blank

Charon

That's because with that, there's no playlist. You can still play the songs by searching through the hex numbers though.

Charon

To make it loop at a certain point, you need two parts of a song. Part one will play, then at the end, it will go B3 [pointer to part 2] B1. Then, loop part 2 normally.

On Edit 3-

In the Sappy folder, there's a folder labeled "Data". Go in there, then there's a file called Sappy.lst. Open that up in notepad. Add these two (copy and paste) into new lines:
AGFE, Golden Sun: The Lost Age (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H1C4530, 0, 0
BPRE, Golden Sun (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H4A32CC, 0, 0

Save.

Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age, should work.

Salanewt

Thank you so much Charon. It appears to be working now. Also, this might me slightly out of topic, but I will add a question so this post does not completely belong in another topic.

Do you know how I can upload a patch of a hack so it is available for more systems than just Windows?

Also, is it possible to change it so it will will loop, but so it plays like this (part 1+2, part 2, part 1+2, part 2...)? I do not really need to know, but other people might need this question answered for some reason.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 6 2009, 02:12 PM