News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Music editing

Started by MaxiPower, 03, January, 2009, 08:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Quote from: Salanewt on 06, July, 2009, 03:12:00 PMDo you know how I can upload a patch of a hack so it is available for more systems than just Windows?

Also, is it possible to change it so it will will loop, but so it plays like this (part 1+2, part 2, part 1+2, part 2...)? I do not really need to know, but other people might need this question answered for some reason.
First question - that's more of an emulator issue :\

Second question: Make part 2 and part 3 the same exact thing. Then...

Part 1 plays.
B2 [pointer to part 2] B1
Part 2 plays.
B2 [pointer to part 3] B1
Part 3 plays.
B2 [pointer to part 1] B1

Salanewt

Oh, thank you. I have one last question (I hope for now). In Anvil Studio, I do not have "Event Viewer", but I have "Event List" Is this the same? If it is, then do you know how to remove the modulations? I am unable to find it.

Thank you in advance, and thank you for all of your help.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Blazer

QuoteSecond question: Make part 2 and part 3 the same exact thing. Then...

Part 1 plays.
B2 [pointer to part 2] B1
Part 2 plays.
B2 [pointer to part 3] B1
Part 3 plays.
B2 [pointer to part 1] B

Wow, that's genius. :D So doing this I'd have to insert each "part" as a different song, and then link it through the repeat code stuff, so I'd have to insert like 4 "songs" but it'd all use 1 header. O_o I was afraid I'd have to do something like this, but i guess it's unavoidable, huh? Still, at least it's possible. :P And I could be wrong, so... *waits for confirmation*

Atrius (He/Him)

Actually you could do it without a duplicate of part 2 this way:

Part 1 plays
B2 [Pointer to part 2] B1
Part 2 plays
B4 B3 [Pointer to part 2] B2 [Pointer to part 1] B1
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Blazer

Even better, thanks for the help-- it's useful for songs with "intro's" and then a specific part that loops over and over. :D

Salanewt

I have come across a problem (I hope that these end soon). Anyway, when I load the Midi file on Anvil Studio, and I go to "View", I have Event List, but not Event Viewer. Also, when I click on Event List, it is similar to what you describe, but when I delete the first event (#!), the song sounds the same. If you know what I am doing wrong, if anything, then please tell me. By the way, do I need to extract music if I want to insert music from other games?

EDIT: Also, I can only delete 1 track at a time... Is this normal? Oh yes, to insert songs into a game, do they have to be midi files as well, or can I just have them be regular songs? Also, if I did not use Sappy to obtain the midi Files, then do I need to use Anvil Studios?

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 6 2009, 07:35 PM

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Salanewt -

Question one - that is completely normal. Sappy adds those for some reason, and when placed in the ROM they cause issues.

Question two - Anvil Studio can delete tracks only one at a time. Another method is to copy the tracks to a new song and set the BPM (tempo).

Question three - they must be midis.

Question four - You could try doing it all at once, but you have to find all the offsets and insert the repeats as such, which is difficult. I separate them because I have little confidence in my abilities to not make a mistake ;-;

QuoteActually you could do it without a duplicate of part 2 this way:

Part 1 plays
B2 [Pointer to part 2] B1
Part 2 plays
B4 B3 [Pointer to part 2] B2 [Pointer to part 1] B1
Wait, what does the B4 command do? Is it an alternative jump? I know that if you use B3 that it won't repeat again...

Atrius (He/Him)

B4 jumps back to after the B3 command.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Thanks Charon. I am not exactly sure what you are talking about in your reply to my second question. Also, you are missing the ']' in your Quote command.

I found a website to midi's, but I am not completely sure if that is all they have, so I will browse the website before (possibly) posting a link.

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

vgmusic.com is an excellent website for video game music in midi format.

Salanewt

Ooh, thank you Atrius. I think that this one is better than the one that I found.

Oh yeah, when deleting the tracks, am I supposed to delete every single track except for the one, or not?

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 6 2009, 08:32 PM

Salanewt

Oh, I have another question... I know that you told us how to make the song loop, but do you know how to make it loop from a certain point, and not at the beginning?

EDIT: There was something missing on my computer... It might be missing on yours (not you specifically), so here is a mini-tutorial that I found about installing it. This thing is required to get Sappy to work.

QuoteNote: If you already have a copy of comdlg32.ocx, backup the existing file to a different folder and delete it from System32 folder.

numbaman5

I think at some point we should extract the whole music system into a program that makes the gba midi files.  

This post has been edited by numbaman5 on Jul 8 2009, 06:00 AM

numbaman5

Quote from: Salanewt on 15, June, 2009, 03:47:00 PM*I am not sure where to change AGSE to AGFE.*

Open sappy folder/data/sappy.lst with notepad
in notepad Ctrl + F type "AGSE" it will take you to what you have to change. Im still not sure where i change the offset in the file though.  

Salanewt

Oh, thank you, but I know now. In one of the previous posts, somebody typed up exactly what you should have (I think it was Charon, but my memory is not the best when I wake up).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  

numbaman5

Thanks allot for the tutorial, Im still beginner to hacking, but I do alllot of audio editing since im in a band. I edited the midi files with knew instruments, i guess you cant change the instruments in the rom? It makes a  nice song regardless :P

Salanewt

Hey, Charon? I am going to put your guide on Yoshi's Lighthouse, okay (you will still have full credit)?

Also, I think I am going to end up editing this post soon, so please do nto forget about it.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  

Edit: I aught to give this a try again, but I just realized that Gaia Rock would be awesome in Mario and Luigi... If I can get everything to work, you shall see what I mean.