News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Ideas for Optimizing Golden Sun

Started by Salanewt, 01, August, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Probably, yeah. The actual multiplier itself would be fairly short, so I would expect that you could just do an LDR/BX branch to another area of the code and place the multiplier there. As for where to put it, that would depend on whether you want to use anything else for your hack(s) or upload it for public use. If either of these are the case, then I would suggest at least looking at some of the more popular and/or major patches and avoiding the areas that they add code to. Or maybe patching all of those onto a clean ROM and then trying to find space from that point. I might also suggest avoiding the area around #08FB0400 for about x1000 bytes or so, as I'm currently using that for another minor project that I plan on releasing for general use sometime soon (I'd say it is about 50-60% finished right now). Your call though.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?