News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

OH MY GOD DETROIT IS FLOODING AAAAH

Started by charon the ferryman, 11, August, 2014, 11:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charon the ferryman

HOLY @#$% GUIZE YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS @#$%

DJFGLKSDHFSADKJG

I had to drive through Hazel Park today to try to get a friend of mine who lives in Downtown Detroit back home, but hell no there was no way I could get through. My car is old as @#$% and could barely handle it. Water was @#$%&*! 2 feet deep in some places, and that was light. Ohmygerd. I'm back home safely and my apartment wasn't affected (I live on 3rd floor lmao) but wow. Tons of @#$%&*! damage and oh my god that @#$% was scary as @#$%.

pablitox

Quote from: daigonite on 11, August, 2014, 11:31:26 PM
HOLY @#$% GUIZE YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS @#$%
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
DJFGLKSDHFSADKJG

I had to drive through Hazel Park today to try to get a friend of mine who lives in Downtown Detroit back home, but hell no there was no way I could get through. My car is old as @#$% and could barely handle it. Water was @#$%&*! 2 feet deep in some places, and that was light. Ohmygerd. I'm back home safely and my apartment wasn't affected (I live on 3rd floor lmao) but wow. Tons of @#$%&*! damage and oh my god that @#$% was scary as @#$%.

Woha, that seriously sucks! Glad to hear you're fine though!

Salanewt

Oh wow. Get some dolphins and you'll have a marine park; great for tourist dollars!

In all seriousness, that looks super fun. At least you're safe and all though.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

charon the ferryman

omfg

watch this crap

I WAS LITERALLY DRIVING RIGHT BY HERE OMG

See the bridge the reporters were on? I WAS ON THAT BRIDGE LAST NIGHT AND HOLY SHET

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

charon the ferryman

it rained more and power went out at work

fanflippingtastic

I drive a minivan so I was able to drive through some sections but where I was driving some places were almost 2 feet, I hope my car doesn't have permadamage. My mechanic said it should be alright but yeah.

Lord Wolfram

Now That I am awake I truly see THIS IS MADNESS!

Rolina

Yeah, it's crazy down here too.  It never rains in summer in Central Texas - it's supposed to be our dry season.  Yet we've had plenty, and it's humid as hell.  Still, it's nice not being in the usual "third straight week of triple digits".

Luna_blade

Wow. That looks serious. :!:
I hope it doesn't continue.

Also makes me think of my grandpa who lives in the US...
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

charon the ferryman

"hay daigonite want to go to a party"

uh

uh

uh

uh

(for comparison)

Oakland county also officially declared a state of emergency over this crap. greeeat

I used to go this way home when I had to go to school some nights. It's so nuts seeing it all flooded out. I was right around the corner while the torrential rains were downpouring, right near this interstate highway up near a road called Stephenson Highway, there was easily 3 feet of water, and that doesn't even count the flooded crap here.  They are finally getting the water out but now it's all dirt and gross stuff left. A few people died, and many more have irreparable damage to their vehicles. Michigan is pretty bad with public transport so basically those people can't get around without a buddy to help them out.

Here's a cool shot from a drone:

Michigan weather was actually really nice and modest this summer until this @#$% happened

This is just one of the floodplaces, there are lots of other places that got like this; this is just the one I saw personally while having to deal with the torrential rains

Lord Wolfram

Are things going worse?
This make me to think that in my place hot time +34 and no water is paradise.
Oh well those bad times are almost over so I Think that this madness will be over too. real soon.

charon the ferryman

Well it's not getting worse but it's still like 15 feet of water there :S

Salanewt

Yeah, the weather has been really weird around here lately ("here" meaning the Great Lakes area, particularly on my side of the border). Actually really cool. Like, below 20°C during the day and layering up at night sort of deal. It's normally well above 30°C and extremely humid, but I have to say I love the change in weather right now. I just hope it lasts...

I still want to go kayaking in Detroit though. Seems like it would be a blast!

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

charon the ferryman

It was drained about 3-5 days ago. So bummer...

Lord Wolfram

Quote from: daigonite on 17, August, 2014, 07:30:38 PM
It was drained about 3-5 days ago. So bummer...
So the flooding is finally over...that is good news. if it will be sunny than all will be over. :happy:

Salanewt

Aw.  :sad:

Well, at least you're safe and construction crews can finish up on whatever repairs need to be made now!

Pkmn-Master

I live around there, in the Garden City/Westland area. Apparently there's gonna be a ton of rain again for the next week. Hope it doesn't flood again!!