News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Introductory Statement - Bam

Started by Bam, 06, October, 2014, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bam

Greetings! I go by Bam.... I have always wanted to make my own video game remake, but never found a game good enough for it with good enough hacking utilities. Also, I like Pokemon, but I kind of wanted a storyline in the rom, which would be really hard to do in that series. Enough said, I guess. I am looking through everything now, but I am at school in the current moment  :sad: Anyways, does anyone know if the map editor is working in the current version of the editor...? Lol

Luna_blade

Hello Bam!
Welcome to the forums :!: :happy:
That was my first question too... Anyway, as far as I know there is not a working map editor, unless you like to do hex editing.

However, there is this RPGmaker golden sun project, which might enable you to make your own GS-styled game in RPGmaker.

Edit: Did you make that avatar yourself? Looks pretty cool.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Bam

Ok sweet! I downloaded the golden sun TLA editor, but am having trouble figuring the maps out. xD

I am going to look up RPG Maker now lol :)

Bam

Quote from: Bam on 06, October, 2014, 07:43:04 PM
Ok sweet! I downloaded the golden sun TLA editor, but am having trouble figuring the maps out. xD

I am going to look up RPG Maker now lol :)

Lol just looked it up. The funny thing is, I lost my laptop to a pretty girl a while back, and now I have to deal with my dad having administrator's privileges- and not me.  :irate: Anyways, if there is anything I can do to contribute, lemme know. Lol :P

Luna_blade

Quote from: Bam on 06, October, 2014, 07:53:50 PM
Lol just looked it up. The funny thing is, I lost my laptop to a pretty girl a while back, and now I have to deal with my dad having administrator's privileges- and not me.  :irate: Anyways, if there is anything I can do to contribute, lemme know. Lol :P
Okay first: don't try to double post. I'm okay with it but others won't be as easy.

Well, I've been a part of the project team. The original maker (jjppof) has been gone for a while, but I thought he left us the source code. You do need RPGmaker in order to edit it though.

You can contribute by making the engine better. If you looked it up on this forum, there should be a list with all requirements.
This post:
Quote from: jjppof on 01, July, 2014, 12:38:26 AM
I'm posting here the engine till where I did. It is not complete, but I think if I publish it, things will go unwind faster. The next months I'll be very busy, very few time to develop, so I need you, forum guys, to have a full contact with the engine to help me to finish this: finding bugs, making questions, completing database, seeing whats missing etc.

----------------------------------------------------------
Maybe It's Ok
Maybe needs to improve
Needs to be improved
Needs to be done
----------------------------------------------------------

> Djinn/Summon
  - The system by itself
  - Permanent Pow/Res changes (djinns)
  - Temporary Pow changes (summons)
  - Class change
> Damage formulas
  - Atack
  - Elemental Atack
  - Critical
  - Summon
  - Skills formulas
  - Skills magnitude
  - Variance
> Animated battle system
> Weapon unleash
> Field psynergy
> Enemy Multiple Turns
> Weapon curse
> Game zoom -> thats gonna be a problem
> Game collide system
> Jump
> Exp Curve
> World Map and its map
> Ailments
> Evade
> Database

-------------------

The change class thing is little limited, implemented for few heroes and classes. I'll gradually complete.
A manual is avaible at the script section.

Link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxKv92dlk8E8dU5SOHg0MHNZZ1U&usp=sharing

Everything I change will be uploaded at this folder.

-------------------------------
Everytime you see something like this:
<element strenghten 5: +5%>
delete and ignore, its nothing...
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Greetings and Salutations Ballistics Aircraft Missile! You don't mind if I call you that, do you?

Here at GSHC, we have the inactive clans, nothing happens in them anymore... And as you have noticed, all the cool people seem to do a lot of lurking, or have left. [more descriptions of what is going on at GSHC, but there's not a whole lot to say.]

And yes, there are people who don't like it when others double post. I think it's reasonable to wait a couple days before double posting, but as long as it's not too spammy, I suppose I'm okay with it.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Bam

Ok. Thanks for the info ;) Any news on the Byond project...? Honestly, I do not currently have the money to afford any version of RPGMaker but  the free one (Will working with the free version work...?). HOWEVER: I will be getting a new laptop soon, and can probably save up a little for it. However, that *would* take a while. Not long on the laptop though.

Also, as per the Map Editor, what was used on the Atrius V video on Facebook...? Lol very curious on that :)

@BYOND: Well, if no updates have been posted, I assume the project went idle.
@RPG Maker: I think most people here are probably pirating the paid version.
@Atrius V: Facebook or Youtube? ; Not too sure, but if he made a quick-&-dirty program, I don't think he made it public?

I'm a big fan of hex, and even have the GS documentation that holds a lot of information for people who know how to use a hex editor and code disassembler, but it will probably always be incomplete because the code has so much to document. (And no, Atrius didn't use my doc for his editor, since it didn't exist at that time.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Bam

How does the pirated version work? From what I read it seemed there was a code for each one...

There's a video on youtube titled "Download RPG Maker XP Full Free (100% Works,2013, No Surveys)"

I think someone once linked to it on this forum, but I think the topic was deleted (Probably the DC forum?) ; I think it was one of the posts in the topic named "The RPG Maker Squad"(?) which seems to no longer exist. (If I'm wrong, I was searching through my History. Although, we did back-up some of the pages, I don't feel like looking at the moment.)

If you don't like trusting programs, consider opening stuff like that in programs like Sandboxie? (Always recommended to "never trust any program."... which is ironic, since you'd have to trust Sandboxie as well.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden