News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Say Hello To Crazy!

Started by IsaacGS459, 18, October, 2014, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsaacGS459

Hello Fellow Golden Sun Fans!

To start off, I just want to mention Camelot Software Golden Sun Four rage. Makes me mad. :irate:

But on with the good stuff.
My name is Isaac. Big fan of Golden Sun. One of my favourite (if not my favourite) games of all time. :heart: I have waited. And waited. And waited for a new game. But I decided to wait no longer. I shall jump in the grey zone of the internet and find my own game, and I may even make my own!
This is where Goldensunhacking.net comes in. Just want to say hi and glad to join the group!
Isaac. Lucario. Joshua. Possibly my favourite characters of all time.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

And then this is where I come in to advertise all this crazy stuff I've been doing... and a couple others have been doing... eventually to inform you that starting a game from scratch via a programming language you choose may actually be the best way to go. (Maybe, but it would also take a lot of work.)

So hello there, and bye bye, oh wait, I've come back again. There's Fox's Teawater!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

IsaacGS459

It shouldn't be too bad in that respect. I've seen even a slight mod with falling star. TLA editor, even though it's only in alpha, looks as if it could be a lot. Can't tell until I try it though.
Isaac. Lucario. Joshua. Possibly my favourite characters of all time.

Wolf

Half expected a user named Crazy.  Welcome to Golden Sun Hacking Community. :Isaac:

Rolina

...I wasn't aware we had 458 people named IsaacGS already...

Pretty sure 459 doesn't have anything to do with how many IsaacGS's there are... (Unless it's on another website.)

He uses the same name on youtube.. so... hmm? Perhaps 4 hours, 59 minutes? For... something?

459 converted to letters... ASG.... reverse letters... GSA ... Golden Sun A?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

It was meant more as a snarky jab at the tendency for people to use a string of letters in their screennames, period.  Usually it refers to a date, though - 4/1959 perhaps?

Luna_blade

Hello there :!:
If you want to make your own game you've come to the right place, but it won't be easy.
There are a few project open out there.

@Username dissection: Could we start a new topic about that?
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

QuoteThere are a few project open out there.
Yup... There's a BYOND project that seems mostly idle... and there's also one being made by Joao using an RPG Maker on youtube...

Quote@Username dissection: Could we start a new topic about that?
If this turns out to be an open and shut case, not sure if that's necessary or not. But you are free to create one, if you want to.
Quote4/1959 perhaps?
So pretty much one of his grandparents birth dates, maybe? Not sure if I'm convinced or not... When I said 4:59... I was thinking more like how long a speed run would take, or something..

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden