News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Error Reports

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, June, 2009, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

I could try using my bros Windows 7 to see if i get the same error, wont be tonight tho.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: vladu on 14, April, 2010, 04:49:10 PM
I just opened the editor and I received a messege from th programm itself. It tells me exactly this:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Release Event for <no key> Key
for object obj_lAbilityAnims:

Error defining an external function.

What does that mean?

It most likely has to do with the GSdatahandler.dll file the program extracts from itself on start-up.  The exact reasons it happens sometimes are still unknown, it could be because you're running the program from a place that can't be written to, though that usually doesn't seem to be the problem.  Dragging & dropping a file onto the program to start it up, or running it from a shortcut could also be potential causes (Both of which will be fixed in v0.3 if they are whats causing it for you) I'm making a few changes in v0.3 with how the editor handles the file that I hope will reduce the occurrences of that error.  One thing you can also try is deleting the GSdatahandler.dll file, then try running the program again.

Defense is a known error that's already been repaired for v0.3

@Salanewt, I believe I was still on XP when I released v0.2

For your errors with saving if it was an "unknown variable" error, which I suspect it was, that has been fixed for v0.3

Also I've discovered and repaired an error in the party member editor that sometimes caused parts of the editors interface to disappear.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

I actually got the error twice, but for some reason, I don't get that anymore.  It's quite odd...

Atrius (He/Him)

That's not an error, the release date hasn't been put up because there isn't one set yet. :p
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

RTGreece21

In regards to this error:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Release Event for <no key> Key

Error defining an external function.

I also keep getting it, whether I run the program as administrator or not. I have a Vista (I don't know if that helps at all). I can also add that I have never loaded the .gba file via shortcuts or drag-and-drops. I hit file, open ROM, and then find the game's file, but it always gives me that error warning.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

And it doesn't display item/spell icons, face pics, and the map viewer doesn't work, right?
That's what we're all getting.

MaxiPower

Am I the only one that hasn't encountered this problem.... I only have used the editor to make various changes , not so much as say people making patches so maybe i haven't encountered that yet.

Aile~♥

Hey Atrius, editing Isaac & co's default inventory and level doesn't work properly. I can't change their default level... They come up as level 30 in the editor, but level 28 in-game. I also can't manage to add any of my custom items to their inventories. And yes, automatic IPS patching IS turned off in the editor.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

I may know the answer to this, but I am not sure. Are you starting a new file with the character changes saved, or are you continuing from a file that you have already started? You might have to start a completely new file to see your changes (if memory serves me correctly).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Salanewt's probably got it.  If you're using a saved game right before Isaac's party joins yours their stats & items would already be loaded, everyone's stats are loaded as soon as you start a new game.

EDIT: If I recall correctly though, there are some items that Issac & co. are scripted to be given regardless of whether they have it in the editor or not.  I think those were mostly ones required to progress through the story however.

Aile~♥

THAT. JUST. SUCKS.

This'll take a while. >.<

Atrius (He/Him)

If you want I can come up with a cheat to speed up the process.

Aile~♥

Atrius (He/Him)

When starting a new game, enable these codes once you get to the screen where it allows you to change Felix's name.  Disable them once you get into the actual game, it's important to do it before the cut scene ends.

02000040:F0
02000184:02
02000420:000400ED
02000458:07060504

This was the best I could do since this is the point where all those extra items are dropped into Isaac & co's inventory.

Aile~♥

I'm not really familiar with cheats, so how exactly do you use those?

Atrius (He/Him)

In VBA go to 'Cheats' > 'Cheat list...' then click on 'Code...'  You can copy & paste them all in at once.  To disable cheats open the 'Cheats' menu and check the 'Disable cheats' option, to renable them uncheck it.

Aile~♥

OMG the six-character limit actually worked for a change, instead of auto-switching to 11!

And thanks for that. I discovered some bugs I need to fix.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote from: AtriusYour last point really belongs in the error report thread, I'll look into it, but it would be nice if you posted more specifics about what exactly you were doing when it happened there.  If it's why I suspect it is that error has already been fixed for the next release.

Ofcourse, I'm going to post what the error that I posted about earlier...

What happens is, if I change the first enemy in any group and then save, it copies this edited group to the above group (excluding all the values on the right.). (You have to scroll away and scroll back to see the effects.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Yes, that's the one I've fixed already for the next release.

death rider243

:sad: Ummmm I need help with Editor because everytime I tried to open it it just shows me the following

Could not find strings file
Please I need some help  :sad: