News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Error Reports

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, June, 2009, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSBMX

Rolina

Good.  I'd rather have weekly or bi-weekly patches than a once-a-year-or-two release.

Salanewt

for object obj_eMaps:

Error reading byte.

Has anybody else gotten this yet? I was taking a look at several random maps when this came up. I admit to moving a Frost puddle before selecting a few more maps, but I did not save before this happened.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Thelinil

I got it while I was fiddling with the Maps, I moved a few objects.

Atrius (He/Him)

User defined 3, eh?  That's where it's reading out & formatting the tile data for displaying the map, do you remember which map you were looking at when you got that error?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Thelinil

Not tbh, I think Sala would know

Salanewt

I remember a few of the maps, but not the final one. There was the first town of the game, Champa (exterior), Air's Rock (one of the interior rooms), and I think I tried one or two of the debug rooms as well.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

I know that I should probably keep this in my last post, but it is an entirely new bug. I did not get an error report from the editor, but all three of the ruffians can only use their items, and then they only defend once their items are gone. None of the other enemies do this, and they are also set to Attack Pattern 1. Do you know how to fix it Atrius (or anyone else)? It seems a bit silly for three burly ruffians to use Mushrooms when they take minimal damage, and then it also seems silly to defend when they do not even have it in their moveset.

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

Did you alter their data in any way?  For example, do have moves that require PP, but no PP to use them with?  Also, what about the check boxes beside their abilities, and that first unknown value?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

I think that makes sense now, thanks for reminding me of those! I have another error though, which has to do with map data again.

for object obj_GSsprite:

In script heightmap_get:
Error in code at line 76:
     { cx=(15-ccx); num1=num3; }
              ^
at position 13: Unknown variable ccx

I was only playing around with two maps this time, the Apoji Islands (first area and inside the houses). I changed the text of two characters, but I saved those with no problems. After that, I moved the Aqua Stone (that required Douse) without saving, and then I changed the map. After a minute of moving the kids from house to house, this error came up.

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

*facepalms*

er... yeah... that will be fixed along with the sprite issue when I finally resolve it.  As the error message would suggest it has to do with getting height map data, specifically for NPCs.  It'll only affect things if you position an NPC over certain somewhat rare types of terrain, and although annoying is a fairly harmless bug unless the NPC actually gets stuck there, and the error keeps popping up when you hit ignore...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

for object obj_eEvent:

Error reading byte.

Seems to happen whe you are trying to select an event for an NPC which has no events.

Example: In GS2, click 111 | KBMB10 , and select NPCs 3, you will see a curved row of NPCs at the bottom, yes? Well, I clicked the one at the right end, that should have no events. If you click in the box that would normally have events, this error should pop up.

If you keep clicking ignore on the error, you can see that it is attempting to populate the box at the right, while this error keeps popping up, so you have to restart the editor.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Gareth

I don't know if this has been posted, i've looked before and couldn't find it, but i thought this problem had been fixed or something as it hadn't happened to me for a while...

but my golden sun rom stopped working when i hacked it
ive done alot to it and it was working fine for a while
but i changed the enemies about a bit and now it wont work....
any help would be appreciated as i did alot.....

SSBMX

Quote from: Gareth on 02, November, 2010, 01:28:43 PM
I don't know if this has been posted, i've looked before and couldn't find it, but i thought this problem had been fixed or something as it hadn't happened to me for a while...

but my golden sun rom stopped working when i hacked it
ive done alot to it and it was working fine for a while
but i changed the enemies about a bit and now it wont work....
any help would be appreciated as i did alot.....

What kind of changes to the enemies did you make?

Hoopa

iirc, using the editor on the first game is a bit buggy and can corrupt your rom. So... it's probably beyond help now.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Atrius (He/Him)

I you post a patch I'll take a look at it after work today.

Gareth

how do i post a patch? =( unless you weren't talking to me

but yeah, it has happened to me before, maybe it's just a compatability issue atm =(
i admit i did start taking risks and editing alot of enemies

Atrius (He/Him)

Enemies in GS1 are supposed to be fixed now, it should not be corrupting the game.  Anything that corrupts the game, aside from playing around in the Hex editor for maps, is a problem that I definitely want to know about.

To create a patch use Lunar IPS, then attach to your post under "Additional Options..." below the post form.

Rolina

I've noticed some large loading issues when first loading up rom into the editor.  Also, the map viewer/editor is still riddled with lag issues, to the point that it crashed the editor.

Atrius (He/Him)

Large loading issues, as in?  The first time you load a ROM the editor has to map out the empty space in it for the automatic repointer, after you save it subsequent loads should be quicker.

What type of graphics card do you have?