News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Error Reports

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, June, 2009, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

the solution was simple for me, i had changed the icon of the folder the editor was in so i could see it easy on my desktop, thats when the errors came

Atrius (He/Him)

Changed the icon of the folder the editor was in???...  That shouldn't have any effect...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 26, November, 2010, 09:23:30 PM
Changed the icon of the folder the editor was in???...  That shouldn't have any effect...

It was the only thing that was altered :]

Salanewt

I am not sure if anybody reported this (which is why I did not mention it earlier), but you know how most of the houses in Apojii have barrels of green and red apples? If I try to move/drag an object onto or over them, the editor crashes. You already know about it now because of the Golden Star topic, but I might as well put it here for reference.

[spoiler=Error]
for object obj_GSsprite:

In script heightmap_get:
Error in code at line 76:
    { cx=(15-ccx); num1=num3; }
             ^
at position 13: Unknown variable ccx[/spoiler]

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Err... Go to Help > About in the editor, and make sure you have v0.3 fix 2, instead of fix 1.  I'm pretty sure that's the error I already fixed.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Wait, how many times did you fix it? It turns out that I have Fix 1, so I shall download the other fix later today.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

OmegaXAdvent

:irate: Everytime I go to open V1 it works fine but...V2 and V3 just suck on me because it say things are missing like the "title" or "menu bar" stuff like that but I can ignore all that with the button but it say after awhile "no file" on the error thing and it won't let me pass is it because im a Windows 7 CPU or is there a problem. Thanks for the help.

SIGNED -OmegaXAdvent AKA   :idea::VenusDjinni: :MarsDjinni: :JupiterDjinni: :MercuryDjinni: :idea:

...Life is short. But PARTYING IS FOREVER.

Atrius (He/Him)

You are extracting the language.ini file to same directory as the editor, right?

Also, if you're running the editor from a shortcut go to the properties, and make sure the "Start in" directory is the same as the directory the executable file is in.  It's also a known issue that it doesn't like it if you drag & drop a ROM from another folder onto it, or use "open with..." or other methods that run the editor when you click on a ROM file in windows explorer.

OmegaXAdvent

No what i did was start the editor normaly thats all only V1 works for me ill try again thought hnaks anyway  :happy:

NEVERMIND i fixed the problem thanks for your help again too :VenusDjinni:

Rolina

Tried running from the start menu.

Got this message:

for object obj_editor_sys:

Cannot locate string: title

Atrius (He/Him)

Yeah...  The way Game Maker handles .ini files combined with how Windows handles a program's working directory is causing an unimaginably large amount of frustration.  I may end up just having to copy the language.ini to whatever wacky place Windows decides to make the working directory in order to work around it.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hmm... There were quite a few changes with GSdatahandler.dll which is what that error would have to do with...  I'll have to look into whether there are new dependencies that the v0.2 dll didn't have.

The only dependency I remember off the top of my head is to the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable library

ScottTheAdept

This is weird...

ERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_circle:

Error defining an external function.

It never did this for me until today.

Everything is in the same folder as the editor, so I really don't know what's wrong.

Edit: ?! Wha... It fixed itself. Nevermind, it's ok... As long as I don't move the mouse while it's opening. Has this ever happened to anyone else, or am I the first?
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

RTGreece21

upon editing the doom dragon(s) there are multiples (9?), some of which, are isaac. is there a reason for this? (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, and 9th doom dragons are issac with 0 PP.)

and should i be counting this as an error report?
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Atrius (He/Him)

No, it's not an error.  It's a trick the game uses to bypass the 8 ability limit that enemies have.

RTGreece21

oh cool o.o; im deffinately gonna play with that now.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Atrius (He/Him)

Erm... Wanna try that again?

OmegaXAdvent

The Problem may not be that. :happy:
The problem for me was that I had the Editor Program out the folder. :fury:
As soon as i put it back in it worked. :heart:
Oh and make sure its a ROM. or GBA. file. :!:
Ini.'s = NO GO!!! :sad:
Happy Hacking!!! :idea:

goldensunmaster97

i was wondering where do i download this i want to play as jenna ALL THE TIME
jenna is my faverite charactor ever

Griever

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1.0

Try this link. Also do try to look at the download section next time ^_^