News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Error Reports

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, June, 2009, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

For some reason or another, whenever I use any multi-ranged, ally based moves or djinni, (i.e healing series, buffer series, certain djinni) the range and power keeps changing o.O.

Example 1 (Wish series): I could use Wish or Wish Well and it would heal all of my allies equally. Next time I choose to select it, the range icon changes from 11 to 1 o.O. Cause of that, I can chose who to heal and that person would have the greatest amount of HP restored, while everyone else would have a minimum, declining amount of HP restored <.<. It's even worse outside of battle where it only targets one person instead of the whole party <.<

Example 2 (Shade): Same weirdness as Wish series, except not everyone would be shielded <.< (and no healing and range icon of course)

So can anyone help me with my dilemma? As far as Djinni, this also happens with Flower, Kindle, and Iron <.<. Since I'm only at Aqua's Rock, I don't know if this happens with any other ally targeted Djinni.

I don't recall getting any error reports, but if I do, I will gladly post them here  

Zach

Sorry for the double post (it's the only way you guys would notice this), but I have a new error report. So basically, I could make some changes to anything and after I save, the index for each disappears and I'm stuck in the section that I was editing until I close it and re-open it. Here's the error report

for object obj_eParty:

Data structure with index does not exist.

Weird huh?

Lv11

I know this isn't exactly the editor's fault, but it's an error nonetheless.
From what I can tell, the arrow that appears a monster's head depends on the size of the sprite.  The Ooze monster is originally small, so if you change it to something larger (such as an Earth Golem sprite as shown) the arrow will appear pointing near his groin instead of his head.
I screwed around with the uncertain values inside the editor and none seem to tie to the dimensions of the sprite.
Without changing the dimensions of the sprite, the following graphical errors occur:

This only seems to happen if there are multiple enemies, because it didn't happen to the one on the right during the entire battle, and if fought alone, it never happens.
Just something to take into consideration.

Also I'm just assuming the origin of these errors is from sprite dimensions :x

Atrius (He/Him)

Due to the GBA's limited amount of video memory, there's a hardware limitation to how many enemies can appear in battle at a time, depending on their size.  It seems you only have three though, which should be fine, so I'll look into this.

Hmm... I notice the one in the middle is poisoned, did the graphical glitches start before or after that happened?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

That's because Oozes are small monsters.  You gave them medium sprites, but the monster data is still that of a SMALL monster... Not surprised it glitched up as a result.

It may be one of the unknown monster values that determines 'monster size', but I can tell you now it's not just the sprite.

Also, look at the position of the poison animation... it's too low for that sprite.  This only reinforces that the game data is dictating that it's a small monster, but then it's trying to apply a medium sprite to it.  Since some overlapping is occurring, you get the glitched golems, and the ailment in the wrong place.

This post has been edited by Role on Sep 25 2009, 01:17 AM

Lv11

I believe the one on the right was poisoned at the time, the glitchy one stood in the middle.  Either way, the glitches were present throughout the entire battle, before and after poison.  I guess the arrow thing mentioned in my previous post also screws with how the ailment indicators are displayed.
And to clarfiy, the glitch was still present after the Harpy died and the two Oozes remained alive.

This post has been edited by Lv11 on Sep 25 2009, 12:27 AM

Lv11

Yeah, I'm aware of why the problem arose but I'm posting it to make Atrius aware of it in hopes there's a solution ;p
I'm really hoping for a sprite scaling value as well, as it seems even the Ruffian sprite has been scaled up from it's original size during battle.
...I'll shut up now :S

Sajin

I don't see that anyone has noticed this but the ability number 434 Storm Breath has the animation index number 471...Since the list ends on number 470 is it a error/bug or is it that the animation index list is still incomplete?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

The editor won't show icons (portraits, spell and summon icons and item icons)
And I get this error report:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Release Event for <no key> Key
for object obj_lAbilityAnims:

Error defining an external function.

Atrius (He/Him)

Ensure that when you start up the editor it creates a file named "GSdatahandler.dll" in the same directory as the program.  If it can't extract this file it will be slower at loading anything that is compressed, and won't load the things you listed at all since it doesn't have a back-up method for the compression format they use.

One possible reason this would happen is if it can't write data to the location it's stored at for whatever reason.  Another is that current versions of the editor have an error that makes them become confused about the directory they're stored at if you drag & drop a file onto it from another folder, so it will attempt to extract GSdatahandler.dll to that file's directory instead.

Is the editor still able to load sprites, specifically enemy battle sprites?  What about maps, does it have problems with them, besides the regular slowness of the map viewer?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

It still doesn't work.....And the Map viewer doesn't show the maps.

Rolina

Are you trying to run it from the start menu?  You can't do that.  It's annoying I know, but hopefully Atrius will fix that in V0.3

Atrius (He/Him)

Speaking of that, how did you get it in your start menu anyway?  It's a shortcut, yes?

Rolina

Yeah, that, and the fact that programs I use alot show up there.  But I can (and have tried) to make it permanent as a selectable item by pinning them in the Start Menu (this is Vista/Windows 7's interface, not 2K's), but the best I can do without error messages is to put the folder there.

Atrius (He/Him)

That shouldn't be a problem with v0.3

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I'm running it from a folder, not the start menu.

Rolina

for object obj_lAbilityAnims:

Error defining an external function.

Hey, I'm getting this error when I try to start it up, and I never got it before.  It doesn't seem to do anything, though - I can close it out and continue as norm.

...Wait, this is the same thing Nero's getting.

...Hmm... just for opening up the thing...

Atrius, you've got a time error thingy going on, methinks.  Is this thing expecting an update by now or something?  It never did this before.

Atrius (He/Him)

And nothing else has changed you say?  I'm stumped.

Rolina

Has anyone else gotten this error?

Salanewt

Looks like you have gotten that error as well... Have you (or anyone else who has gotten this error) changed anything on your computer (or have just tried getting it)?

Though I doubt this has anything to do with it, but I have a question. Atrius? What OS was your computer using when you made this? I seriously doubt it has any effect, but it almost looks like the error that I had before I got my new computer.

P.S. I seem to remember another error, only this one was happening not too long ago. I can't recreate it right now, but I can describe what I was doing before getting the error.

After editing either enemies or items, I would go to the class section to do some editing (or vice versa). Once everything that I wanted to finish was done, I would save, and then an error would come up. Is this because the editor was having problems saving in multiple areas?

Have a nice day.

Edit: As for Defence... The editor is like that for all of us right now. When Atrius releases version 0.3, then we can save its changes.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?