News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Error Reports

Started by thenightsshadow, 08, June, 2009, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

Got this when I tried checking character stats after using Roles class patch. Can't think of what else would have caused it, since it was a new rom.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 1
for object obj_eParty:

Error reading byte.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

nenad285

This is the error i receive when i launch the v0.4 version

ERROR in
action number 1
of Trigger Event: Trigger0
for object obj_stresstest:

Error defining an external function.

Running Windows 7 x64  :Felix:

anyone know a solution?  :happy:

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Trigger0? That doesn't exist in obj_stresstest!  I have a feeling you have a similar problem like one of our other members that don't come to GSHC anymore. However, I heard that he was having the problem with obj_license (In v0.5), when I asked him to try deleting obj_license, he was then having it with obj_stresstest. (If I remember correctly.)

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=569319

You could probably try a restore point like he did, or maybe even some Windows Update, but I'm not sure.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

nenad285

Fixed the error, i just logged out of windows and logged back in, now it works :)

Drake baku

I have an, well I guess an error, at least its something that is not working properly.
For some reason all psynergy entries I have made starting at slot 277 and higher.
When I put them on a class and end up checking that class later, well they are replaced by an other psynergy, often mercury related but I have seen Venus ones as well, both custom and original ones...

pretty annoying to have gotten so far after so long and suddenly having such problems....

BTW, I am currently working on GS1.
Is there a known solution for this?

(an example for those wanting that or not being able to follow my faulty grammar:

for a custom class I have recreated Undead Curse series, I place them in the class I want and when checking up on the levels and such I find that instead of the Undead Curse series it now has the Ice series
tried other custom skills, all work normally.
tried other classes, same problem.
played with various slots below the ones I put undead curse in, same problem)

*Checks for your problem in version 0.4 of Atrius's editor. (Will check 0.5 later.)

Seems like you were correct! Nice find!
I think it only happens when editing GS1, so GS2 should be fine. And I doubt that there are any work-arounds? So a bug fix may be needed.

Without looking, I suspect Atrius inserts them as the wrong data-type? (AKA: 8-bit instead of 16-bit, for example.)

256 => 0
512 => 0
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Drake baku

is there a 0.5? I have not seen that or read any mention of it...

no work arounds huh... damn that means I have to do a lot more prep work, I was working from some older sheets and incomplete word files on my lap to work on all my classes while trying to make unique duo and mono classes for everyone, downside, had to make a lot more custom spells XD
but due to the older sheets being obsolete and all, I wanted to keep what was already existing to make sure I wont remove something I would need later on.
plus I wanted to add, for example Odyssey and such as well XD
plus due to various other smaller changes I was forced to make various new utility ones as well...

ok going off topic here for a second, I was planning on making items for magic field and arrow as well, figured I wanted to test those out my self (who knows I may find something) but if its 100% clear that they dont work, that would save me some space ^^

Atrius's 0.5 version was only posted in the News & Announcements section.
See: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1936.0
That version was his first and last open-sourced version...
Since then, I did do a bug fix of certain things in that version (See http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2163.0), but it does not include your find.

Anyway, even though there was a version where I may have added one or two things...., for the most part, plans for the present and future are that I most likely won't be adding anymore features to the /Game Maker version/ of the editor... (With the exception of bug fixes, maybe?) I could easily create my own version of Atrius's Editor in my C# version, but I've been quite lazy about it... (Most of the time doing no editor work for long periods... so.. sorry about that.) (My guess is that it could take up to a month at most... - But the reality is that it'd be much longer because of my procrastinations.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

NCChris

For some reason, when I load the Editor, it's really small, about 25% the size of my PC Screen with no way to maximize it.
Is this meant to happen or is it an issue on my side?

Not sure.
What is your PC resolution?
If you have a high resolution, it probably makes sense. (Not a bug.)
The way to maximize it would be to hit F4 or something, I think.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

NCChris

Quote from: Fox on 05, November, 2018, 07:23:54 PM
Not sure.
What is your PC resolution?
If you have a high resolution, it probably makes sense. (Not a bug.)
The way to maximize it would be to hit F4 or something, I think.

Ah yes! Thank you! Pressing F4 did make it widescreen! Thanks so much, I can't tell you how awkward it was before.