News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Drop a coin here, will ya? - Hacking the Spring!

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 24, November, 2014, 04:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Lemuria's spring seems to be done in map code.

The Golden Sun Wiki doesn't have their list organized, so I'm here to provide you with some Lucky Medals to throw into my beautiful spring!

02009700 = Item Rewards for using Lucky Medals. The below list shows these in the order they are listed.
0200037D = 15 bytes for 15 items. These are the chance values. (Relative to the other items, ofcourse... so not in percent format.)
The three items listed under a category have top priority for that category, but your chances of getting them may decrease by half as you obtain them.
The priority for the other categories still stand... so the ones in the center are the rarest for all categories. (At least until you have obtained enough less-favorable items.)
-Items that fit under a less favorable position than what you had will not be obtained.
-Items that fit under a more favorable position than what you had can be obtained, but they're rarer.

Center (You can get two of each to bring them to their rarest point.)
*If first time, you get the Eclipse Summon tablet, and flag 0x90B is raised so you can't get it again. ; This one can only be obtained if you land in the center, unlike the next three items.
Hestia Blade
Aegis Shield
Erebus Armor

1st ring (You can get three of each to bring them to their rarest point.)
Minerva Helm
Mighty Axe
Floral Dress

2nd ring (You can get four of each to bring them to their rarest point.)
Crown of Glory
Leda's Bracelet
Fireman's Pole

3rd ring (You can get five of each to bring them to their rarest point.)
Brilliant Circlet
Crafted Gloves
Wild Coat

Outside (You can get six of each to bring them to their rarest point.)
*Best case scenario for Center items is about 50%? (Must not have gotten any Center items, and 1st ring+ must be at their rarest point. Which requires 54+ Lucky Medals.  Currently, only like 21 Lucky Medals are known about, so it's likely not feasible without a data transfer.)
Potion
Psy Crystal
Water of Life

0200973C = Coin values for each position.
Center = 20 coins
1st ring = 10 coins
2nd ring = 2 coins
3rd ring = 1 coin
Outside = Nothing (To edit this one, you'll likely need to modify the code.)

This is for GS2, so GS1 might be listed later.

Can anyone tell me if 60 Lucky Medals can be obtained in GS2? Since that's the minimum you'd need to get all of these to their rarest positions. 61 if you want the Summon Tablet. ; Even if there was exactly that many, the chance of getting them all that low is probably unlikely.) However, I can see a possible code hack that one could do to make it so that items aren't retrievable after obtaining enough of them.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Misery

From the Cbox:
QuoteAnd if I'm correct, obtaining the less valuable items make you more likely to get the more valuable items? There are 15 bytes at 0200037D, anyway.
Quote(@more likely to get the more valuable... Well it might better to say that your chances of getting the same item goes down.... and that's how....)
Does this effect persist after resetting (i.e. are these values saved when saving the game)? In GS1, you could save and reset after draining the water from the spring, immediately throw in a medal (which would land in the center), and you would always get an assassin blade. At least in my experience, I usually do this to get 3 of them right away. You could also RNG abuse for other items, but I know GS1 and GS2 use different RNGs for several things.

Quote from: Fox on 24, November, 2014, 04:45:30 AM
Can anyone tell me if 60 Lucky Medals can be obtained in GS2? Since that's the minimum you'd need to get all of these to their rarest positions. 61 if you want the Summon Tablet. ; Even if there was exactly that many, the chance of getting them all that low is probably unlikely.) However, I can see a possible code hack that one could do to make it so that items aren't retrievable after obtaining enough of them.
That sounds like waaay more than you can find in the game, I don't think there are even half of that. You could potentially transfer up to 120 of them via password though, even in a legit password, since there's a regular enemy in GS1 that drops lucky medals.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yes, the address at 0200037D is within the data that is saved to Save Game.. "02000000-02002FEF is saved to Save Game."
Resetting and then throwing a medal for assassin blade sounds like the RNG abuse?  The GS Wiki said something about  random numbers for the fountain being saved in GS2, but not in GS1, so...
By the pattern at 0200035D in GS1, I suspect GS1 does 15 items as well... in exactly the same way, but different items.

Okay.... Well, I think I counted like 21, from looking on the GS Wiki... (1 in each place, but 2 in Lemuria.)  Who knows if that's the actual amount or not.
Orc Lords. Yeah, it's on the GS Wiki. :) However, I didn't want to count those.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)