News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Yummy Food!

Started by Salanewt, 12, June, 2009, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Okay, this could be in either this section or the games section, however, I will make it less like a game, so it can be in here.

The idea behind this thread is to talk about food. If you want, you can make any food sound like a 5* meal (it is probably possible with even rat bladder(but I do not think that rat bladder is even edible)).

Okay, my 10 favourite foods include (not in order)...

Watermelon,
Chicken Wings,
Spare Ribs,
Baked Potato,
Red Seedless Grapes,
Buttered Corn,
Banana Fudge Ice Cream,
Honeyed Ham,
Scrambled Eggs (the way that I cook them, other people do not prepare them as good as I do),
And last but not least, Lemon Chicken (chicken with lemon flavoured sauce).

Now, readers, please post foods that you like, they do not have to be your favourites, and you do not need to list 10. However, I would like to hear from you, since it would be interesting to hear about food.

By the way, I am not sure if posts should count in the open discussions section, but that is just my opinion.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

weckar

Hmm, I'm a vegetarian, so no meats, poultry or fish here.

I like to eat:

Lemons
Onions
paprika seeds
garlic
CHOCOLATE
Penne Pesto (green, not red)
errr... uhm... hmmm..

Salanewt

Cool, that looks like an exceptional list of food.

I do not like kidney beans.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Naw, this isn't a forum game :3

Anyhow, my favourite foods are:

-ANYTHIN' WITH BEEF
-Bagels
-Mahi Mahi
-Salmon
-Bagels
-Turkey
-Chicken Wings (legs are good too but I almost never get any)
-Bananas
-(Good Quality) Chocolate (White/Milk)
-Cheese :3
-Bagels
-Carrots
-COFFEE (it's not a food but I can't get enough of it)
-Apples
-Bagels
-Ramen
-Challah
-Did I say Bagels already?

Aile~♥

Alright Charon, since you said that, this has become a forum game. Putting Bagels 4 times in the same list FTW!!!

P.S. Where's that Briggs emote?

Edit: And just so that this isn't a spam post... I LIKE WHITE CHOCOLATE!!! And Boston Cream donuts. XD Oh and Hawaiian Pizza.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 12 2009, 05:17 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

I don't get how this is a forum game. It's a little sarcasm in a poll, that's all *wink*

Back on the good ol' days of GSR, when they had the "What did you eat last" topic, I wrote, "A bagel" every time.

The world almost stopped turning because I didn't eat bagels for a week back in early 2008, but luckily, I began to eat bagels again.

I'll get Briggs up when I get Eoleo. Just for Weckar.

ANYHOW POST YOUR FAVOURITE FOODS. BACK ON TOPIC.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, at one point I wanted to be a vegetarian, but after mom said no (and the memories of chicken wings watering my mouth), I changed my mind.

I also like bagels it turns out, but I can live without them. By the way, I think that drinks should count too.

I also like:

English Muffins,
Pomegranite,
Swiss Mild Chocolate,
Wine, lol, no. Orange Juice,
Rhubarb,
Home-made Hummingbird nectar,
Roast Pork,
Water,
Normal Milk (2%),
Raw cat meat (just kidding),
My own mized juices (sometimes, not when I add milk, and less when I add lime juice).

Most fruits, not Grapefruit, not Olives (which turn out to be fruit, according to my teacher).

I will post more either when I think of them, or later on. Also, I will describe in detail which fruits I like over others. Watermelon remains at the top.

Have a nice day.

Charon

Okay, pig meat freaks me out. You see, bad experiences with bacon... grease... dripping on floor... fat... everywhere... *shudders*

Ever since I told mom that I would vow to never eat the lardy meat again, we haven't seen it in the house.

And I screwed up dinner. 'Twas some kind of fish. It blew up in the microwave.

Salanewt

Oh wow, it sounds like you have had bad experinces with pork. I love pork, but I try to avoid the greasy meat. I like some types of fish, but I find many of them to be salty. One more thing before I make tacos a 5* recipe, microwaves are better at cooking potatoes than they are at cooking meats, at least they are for me.

Okay, you get the firm, delicate shell,
You then delicately place the savoury seasoned beef into the fragile shell,
You place the juicy, moist lettuce leaves on the mouth watering beef,
Then you place the sweet cherry tomatoes, with their smooth skins and their plump shapes between the lettuce leaves,
And then just after you add everything else that is good and wholesome, you gently plunge the side of the taco into your watering mouth, and sink your teeth into a meal of multiple flavours...

Maybe not 5*s, but close enough for me.

Have a nice day. By the way, I do not like cheese, and some Golden Sun characters look similar to some of my friends.

and  Look my friends, who are also siblings (not mine), hairstyles and colours are almost the same.
 Looks like another friend, but the hair colour on this friend is brown, not red,

I look similar to Sheba and Ivan, but I am a male version.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Hmm... Well, Felix seems to be the Food Connoisseur in Golden Sun... I've always wanted to ask him about foodstuffs, after all...

But me?  Oriental and Italian for the win!

Salanewt

Cool. I like some oriental and italial foods, but some I can not stomach properly...

Anyway, one thing that might be considered a Canadian food is Seel (or more specifically, organ food). I have not tried it, nor would I want to. However, every culture has popular and... rare foods.

Have a nice day.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh?, how did I not see this topic?

Anyway, here's a big explanation of foods I might eat.

Foods I will NOT eat include:

Seafood,

Foods I perfer not to eat much of now-a-days (especially as pure, meaning by itself.):

Beef, chicken etc. (Pork may be okay though? but still shouldn't get too much...)

Foods I like.

Steamed soft brocolli, if it is stiff, it is no good. You may add cheese if you desire, but is not needed, some people may add salt.

Homemade Lasagna, yeah yeah, another cheese product.

Homemade Chicken Caserole, yes, this too is yet ANOTHER cheese product.

So as you can see, cheese is tasty. :)

Edit: Oh, and I like Italian, it is full of cheese, is it not?

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Oct 2 2009, 11:32 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

I used to like cheese when I was younger, but not any more (on pizza seems to be the only exception).

Anyway, steamed broccoli is pretty good, but I would not want to add cheese or salt.

As for seafood being too salty, there are some types of fish and other seafood that hardly taste salty at all (but that is only a small percentage). Fresh water fish are probably better to eat if you do not like saltiness.

Anyway, some more foods that I like...

Shrimp,
Carrot Cake,
Banana Bread,
Bananas,
Grapes,
Apples,
Pears,
Kiwi,
Oranges,
Clementines (like sweet, dwarf oranges),
Cantelope
Lichi Nuts,
Watermelon (!!!),
And basically all fruit with the exception of Grapefruit. I do not care for sour fruit, but lemons and limes I can eat. I know that there are other sour fruits, but I have not really had them yet.

Also, I once had "french fries" that were made from breadfruit, since pretty much everything under the peal is similar to those white underpeals in oranges. We then fried them up, and they were pretty good afterwards (better than most real french fried in my opinion).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I eat Sushi and Tempuras and donuts and....:3 years later: and ICE CREAM!

Salanewt

Cool.

I also happen to like Scrambled Eggs, but I rarely like eggs that anybody else makes, lol. I prefer to eat my own.

Have a nice day.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Well, looks like the time when I posted here last was at a time I wasn't vegetarian yet... So maybe it's time to update my list! Not necessarily in any order.

CHEESE PIZZA (You got to admit sometimes adding toppings can ruin the quality in my opinion... might depend on the pizza, though.)
Bob Evan's mashed potatoes (in grocery store)
Lemons
Salads (onions/tomatos/lettuce/Q-cumber/cheese/croutons/etc.) Black olives use to be a bit nasty at one point.. probably still is?., but just eat them anyway... they shouldn't be too bad. (I hope... though better if you can eat it with the other stuff to distract your mind from the "nastiness.")
Dressings for salads could be Greek or Italian...; Or even Caesar.
Steamed soft brocolli (I could even eat it without salt/cheese if I wanted to.)
Homemade VEGETARIAN Lasagna (Same as before, but no meat.)
Cheese Quesadillas
Cheese Burrittos
Cheese Enchilidas
Spaghetti (Velveta (Cheese) and chopped tomatoes)
Spaghetti (Cheese and meatless marinara) You could do newmans own... ragu... etc.)
Kiwi
Donuts
Onion Rings
Curly Fries
French Fries
Candy (Anything sweet/sour/like Chocolate if not too rich... etc.) Dark Chocolate is yuck!
Desserts (Icecream/Brownies/Cake/etc.)
Water
Sweet tea (As long as it's not too sweet.)
Juices (Grape/Apple/Dole's Orange Strawberry Banana/Dole's Strawberry Kiwi/etc.)
Bread (Breadsticks/Rolls/etc.)

There may be more...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

RagnarokEmissary

Okay, I've got a few foods I like.

Japanese food.

Instant Ramen. (The cupboards in my house are filled to bursting with almost nothing but Pot Noodle pots)

Mac and Cheese! Can't beat Macaroni Cheese.

Chinese food.

Curry.

Black Pudding.

Fish and Chips in curry sauce.

Pies. Steak and Kidney is the best pie filling, BTW.

Hot Dogs.

PIZZA!

Chicken Wings.

Donuts.

BISCUITS! But mostly Jammie Dodgers and Oreos. And ANY biscuits that taste of ginger.

Sandwiches.

Chips, they go with everything.

Crisps. 

Spaghetti.

Any snack foods that I haven't said, and anything else that doesn't have Broccoli, Sprouts, Mushrooms or Cauliflower in.

leaf

QuoteCHEESE PIZZA (You got to admit sometimes adding toppings can ruin the quality in my opinion... might depend on the pizza, though.)
Well, yes. I do have to admit that in your opinion that this statement is true. Since after all, it is your opinion and not my opinion. In my opinion, it's pepperoni or bust.

(Okay there are other kinds of pizza I like, but for the sake of not making this post ridiculously long-winded over a snarky comment, I'll limit it to my favorite.)
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Perhaps you should specify which cheeses?  I know that both Dominoes and Pizza Hut count certain cheezes as toppings, so you could go with that.  After all, one of my favorite pizzas is that infamous Tenchi's Ten Cheese Pizza of mine...

Jiten

Quote from: Rolina on 30, September, 2012, 03:17:16 PM
Tenshi's

Anyways, I have no priority for food.  It's strange, one moment I like Pizza, then it's something else.  Has anyone ever heard of a extremely well-rounded dinner dish called "Le Tour Billion"? I could've sworn I had a dish like that, which went under that name several long years ago at a restaurant that closed long ago.  I can't remember the name. period.  

Well, I used to love Burgers primarily, as of recently,
I'm not too over enticed by them as of recently.

Now that I think a little deeper....I haven't eaten anything new in several months.  

Anyways, there's Nacho's, Taco's, Soft Taco's, Doritos, Subway, Mexican Pizza, etc. the list would go on....

Knock off the giant text, it's annoying.