News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun: The Balance Age

Started by Caledor, 24, January, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Released 1.24 following Rolina and owlbear's advices. Bishop is Cleric once again.
About monster tweaks: I might have said it quite a lot of times already, but without saves prior to the battle with the monster in question i cannot test the changes out. Which means that I cannot guarantee that the new power level will be satisfying.

owlbear

I ended up sorting out the battle with aqua hydra. Grinded to 20, grabbed the 4th venus djinn, and arranged my classes so I had 3 group heals. Did it, but needed to use 3 mountain waters and 2 psy crystals.

[Edit]Here is my prefight save
https://mega.co.nz/#!3UcD3KbT!YGPmriWESOM67laNfeimsuPaKDJbrjDSxqzS-hHe1OU

Rolina

Quote from: Caledor on 25, May, 2015, 07:03:54 PM
Role, i need to test the battle itself... please upload one before the battle next time.

EDIT: Oh and, nothing was wrong with Cleric. Bishop is just a leftover of my tinkering with classes from the previous version. My bad.
Oh, I know.  Which is why you shouldn't really ask for these things after they've happened.  I can't really turn back the clock on my save file, I'm afraid.

leaf

Or you could just assume he'll need a save and make a backup when you encounter this stuff. You get three save slots, after all, so you don't have to overwrite your previous after getting past something like that.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Caledor

My request is based on the assumption that people always save before going against a boss or a fixed djinn encounter... and after the fight you can just copy-paste the file away before saving again. After all, you now right after the battle ended whether you've got complaints to make.

@owlbear: Which god-forsaken emulator produces .srm files? i managed to find a converter to a .sav (thus also test and everything) but now i'm curious. :P

owlbear

I use retro arch; best compatibility on my phone, has proper sound, open gl support, and has a working plugin for all the consoles I emulate

Query: where do I find the 4th triple element class item?

Caledor

Rolina

There were only ever three class items - and those were all quad-element, not triple element.

Caledor

Sorry about the short answer, the football match in tv just ended and i'm so exhausted that i'm having an hard time even remembering my name... anyway, you probably were confused by the first post. The added class is not a fourth item-based class (that makes quad-element classes like Rolina said) but the triple-element class that completes the djinn pattern. Those are the Fateweaver, the Warchief, the Guardian (Jenna only) and the Hero (Piers only).

Rolina

Wait, so you added new item classes?  Or am I further misunderstanding?

Aile~♥

You're misunderstanding. He added a tri-element class.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Caledor

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 31, May, 2015, 09:39:31 PM
You're misunderstanding. He added a tri-element class to each character.
Fixed. :p

VardenSalad

Alright. Hi guys and gals. Short story told shorter: I'm back. I'll have Star Magician, Vulkan, and Dullahan done inside of the next two weeks. Then I'll make the big wrap-up post I'll sure you all can't wait to hear :P
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

Glad to see you're back! :D

owlbear

New question: did the unattainable items like the ninja tabi, knights greaves, etc make it in?

Caledor

Quote from: owlbear on 02, June, 2015, 03:36:21 AM
New question: did the unattainable items like the ninja tabi, knights greaves, etc make it in?
Yes they did. Read the opening post, you can find all the info you're looking for there.

Rolina

Quote from: Caledor on 01, June, 2015, 02:43:18 PM
Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 31, May, 2015, 09:39:31 PM
You're misunderstanding. He added a tri-element class to each character.
Fixed. :p
So basically you gave a Tri Hybrid A to those who lacked one, and an O to those who lacked that?

...Well, he did use a version of my class template, where those have been put in.

What confused me was this talk of a fourth class item.  The only class items that existed were quad-element, and there were only ever three.

Caledor

I saw your class templates in the xls you posted some time ago and while i don't remember well how you named each template, yes, they seemed pretty similar. I wrote what i've done in the opening post, I thought it was pretty clear but maybe the way i've written it causes some misunderstandings. Quoting myself:
QuoteFinally, a fourth three-elemental class has been added to EVERYONE, to fill the djinn combination gap left by the other three. So, Venus/Mars characters gain the 5 :VenusStar: 5 :MarsStar: 4 :MercuryStar: class and Jupiter/Mercury characters gain the 5 :JupiterStar: 5 :MercuryStar: 4 :MarsStar: class.

owlbear

My confusion stems from the use of element levels instead of attached djinn. Looking at the spreadsheet shows what elemental buff they get, or how many total djinn a class requires, but doesn't show how much of each type are required.

Sort of related: classes from the necronomicon seem a little lackluster, as progressing it from stage to stage doesn't change/add much, unlike the other 2 item classes.

Unrelated: devil scorpions in jupiter tower seem to have low health and do little damage; maybe an oversight?

Caledor

Quote from: owlbear on 02, June, 2015, 04:35:18 PM
My confusion stems from the use of element levels instead of attached djinn. Looking at the spreadsheet shows what elemental buff they get, or how many total djinn a class requires, but doesn't show how much of each type are required.

Sort of related: classes from the necronomicon seem a little lackluster, as progressing it from stage to stage doesn't change/add much, unlike the other 2 item classes.

Unrelated: devil scorpions in jupiter tower seem to have low health and do little damage; maybe an oversight?

I had to write elemental levels inside the spreadsheet instead of djinn cause the number of the latter is tied to the character you're considering.

The necromancer has always been different in that regard from the other 2 item classes. But Call Dullahan is the strongest offensive psynergy in the game.

Devil Scorpion: nice catch once again. I outright skipped him when i applied the stat increase to monsters. My bad.

EDIT: The fix for Devil Scorpion is already up.