News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun: The Balance Age

Started by Caledor, 24, January, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sora167

Quote from: Caledor on 21, October, 2015, 12:29:24 PM
HERE's a TLA save file with all characters at level 41, most endgame gear (i think the only two thing i don't have are the new ker's weight and dark robe) and all djinn, at Contigo. No superboss defeated. Uploaded especially for those who wanted to try fighting the new Star Magician, the other superbosses or just to try different builds.
Enjoy!

That's awesome thankyou :D I wanted to see what had changed at higher levels, and the endgame gear etc.
Can I ask, how did you change the way base damage psynergy works, so its affected by PP?? As I'm trying to make my own personal edit, and your idea of PP affected psynergy is an amazing idea!

Caledor

I edited the base damage formula. The story behind it is in the few first pages of this thread. I also released the PP multiplier patch as a standalone thing so if you want you can just download that patch and apply it to your rom. It's in the download section, both for GS and for TLA

Aurorain

Quote from: Caledor on 21, October, 2015, 12:29:24 PM
HERE's a TLA save file with all characters at level 41, most endgame gear (i think the only two thing i don't have are the new ker's weight and dark robe) and all djinn, at Contigo. No superboss defeated. Uploaded especially for those who wanted to try fighting the new Star Magician, the other superbosses or just to try different builds.
Enjoy!
Neat, I'll try to test it out whenever I get the time. :)

Sora167

I searched and searched for the info about it, but no luck  :sad: Tbh, I didn't really know what I was looking for. I've been using the editor to edit my games, so the PP patch doesn't work with it.  :fury: . I wish there was a way to edit the editor lol, as I'm useless at hacking.

On another note, Saturos just obliterated my party. Time to grind some more, yay. He is so much harder in this patch. I am struggling with the lack of cheap damage (summons).

Caledor

Quote from: Sora167 on 22, October, 2015, 11:00:27 AM
I searched and searched for the info about it, but no luck  :sad: Tbh, I didn't really know what I was looking for lol. I've been using the editor to edit my games, so the PP patch doesn't work with it.  :fury: . I wish there was a way to edit the editor lol, as I'm useless at hacking.

On another note, Saturos just obliterated my party. Time to grind some more, yay. He is so much harder in this patch. I am struggling with the lack of cheap damage (summons).
Why shouldn't it work? The only patch it conflicts with is the simple summons from Lord Squirtle cause it's already included in mine.

Sora167

I tried it out with my edited ROM, and the names of everything had completely messed up. Will give it another go though. Also, beat Saturos yay. Its so nice having him be an ACTUAL challenge now, like you expect (even though he is weakened by the Mercury Lighthouse)

Caledor

Fox's little tool works wonders! 1.26 is coming!

Rolina

This pleases me greatly.

Let me know if you want any custom icons. :3

Caledor

Well I lack Meltdown, Tyrfing, Ker's Weight, and Dark Robe icons. Would you like to give it a shot?

Rolina

Give me a description of each so I have something to work with, and I'll give it a shot. ^-^

Caledor

Tyrfing is a Venus equivalent of Quick Strike. It uses the animation of Titan Blade, so i was thinking of something like a vertical ragnarok/odissey with small rocks behind it for the icon. (it uses ragnarock's icon for now)

Meltdown is the Mars equivalent of Quick Strike. It uses the animation of Purgatory, so... a tweaked Supernova? (it uses liquifier's icon for now)

Ker's Weight is a cursed staff, the strongest of the game. It uses the demonic staff icon for now.

Dark Robe is a cursed robe (duh :P). It uses the ninja garb icon for now.

Thanks!

Rolina

I see.  If you had your way and also magical art powers, how would the staff and robe be described?  I think I can figure out something for the first two, though if you had a custom animation in your brain you could describe it'd help even more.

Caledor

Well, I'd rather have the Ker's look unique among the staves, like Clotho Lachesis and Atropo are, with dark colors and the red outline cursed items have.
About the Dark Robe, I used ninja garb again for the grey color and the red outline, but it doesn't look like a robe at all. So... maybe a tweaked, darker Jerkin/Blessed Robe/Oracle's Robe with a red outline and something that makes it look unique?

Rolina

...Okay... so in otherwords, you actually don't have a good idea of what you think they should look like.  Well, I'll come up with something then.

Caledor

Yes, sorry but i really didn't think about it that much for the 2 items.

VardenSalad

Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

Quote from: VardenSalad on 05, November, 2015, 08:01:49 PM
RIP new icons?
The opposite, they are coming. Believe in Rolina! :P
As soon as I have them, 1.26 will be released with proper brand new icons where needed.

Rolina

Like I said in the chat, I was busy last week.  You should expect them within a few days.  I'd have been done sooner, but... well, you know.  Real life stuff comes first.

Caledor

Like i said, take your time. There's no hurry. ;)

Rolina

Quick question - what strength are the robe and staff in comparison to other gear?  Should help me figure out how much detail to put into them, and which items to use as a base.