News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun: The Balance Age

Started by Caledor, 24, January, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 03, February, 2016, 07:03:16 PM
As for the animations, they are in my previous post! I never got the Missingno thing to happen, but at the same time I may have made a tweak when you originally pointed that out and forgot about said tweak. The new patch should work as intended, and will be added to the Downloads section once you give me the green light to do so.
I'll test it as soon as I hard code the 50% Revive into my 2 GS1 ROMs. At worst it's gonna be tomorrow, since it's already 1 AM here.

Salanewt

Sounds good, no rush! I guess in the mean time, I can take a quick look at Dreamtide to see if I can do something fun with that. And then I will probably check out a different animation, if going back to my "one animation a day" thing I was doing a while back.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Caledor

Could you please test Water of Life? It crashes terribly on my ROM. Everything else works BTW.
I also tried to switch the item's ability to Revive: same result.
Strangely enough, with the old patch it works.

Salanewt

HUH. I have absolutely no idea why that would be, but it crashes in my version as well. Which is really weird because it's set to a valid animation. I may have to investigate again later because it just doesn't make any sense to me right now. Plus I like where this wave research for GS2 is going.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Caledor

At least with the old patch it works... though i don't know if it can be of any help. Also it's not just WoL. I tried hacking revive onto the Gaia Blade and the result is the same. My guess is that it's item related. Maybe the ability if used from items uses a different pointer or has some preliminary code?

Also... OH CRAP! I just noticed i never gave Mountain Water an animation! Lol

EDIT: in TLA it's even worse! Oh well, I've already fixed them so they will come up in the next release. Probably together with the patch for GS1.

Salanewt

Hm... Well, one change I made to fix the djinni thing was to remove a couple instructions that use r9. So that may be it. Means it may be even more annoying to fix, but I will give it a shot later.

Item animation: Haha, nice work there! :P

Caledor

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 03, February, 2016, 08:28:54 PM
Hm... Well, one change I made to fix the djinni thing was to remove a couple instructions that use r9. So that may be it. Means it may be even more annoying to fix, but I will give it a shot later.
God I don't think i'll ever find enough courage to ask you for help again after this one haha

QuoteItem animation: Haha, nice work there! :P
I know, right! But... as an apology I've improved the animations of the other healing items. They now scale with power.

EDIT: Wow 4 users logged in and watching this thread right now. Is it record?

[spoiler=Come, Patrons!][/spoiler]

Chronotakular

Hey-o! I haven't gotten like any further in your mod. Been busy and, well, quite frankly I'm getting my @#$ kicked when I do boot it up. Haha.

Though, I have noticed something. Soft-resetting is... weird. It's a bit slow and slightly glitchy. It's not a HUGE deal, because it still works, I'd just thought I'd at least make you aware of it.

Salanewt

Oh gosh, no need to be afraid! I'm definitely happy to help. If it's any consolation, it should be a pretty easy fix provided I can find the space for it; otherwise I can simply use a couple branches and move the section elsewhere in the ROM.

4 people: Nice!

Caledor

Chrono: Just tried... Happens to me too. The Tile Viewer screen appears for a brief moment. It happens on a clean rom as well tough.

Squirtle: about moving... don't know where you want to move it but maybe you should try on a patched rom. just to be sure it doesn't overlap with anything.

Salanewt

That's the plan. Or at the very least, to do it on a clean ROM using yours as reference. Ideally I can also upload this as a public patch in the Downloads section, but otherwise... yeah.

Soft-reset: Could be an emulator issue rather than ROM.

Chronotakular

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 03, February, 2016, 08:54:03 PM
Soft-reset: Could be an emulator issue rather than ROM.

Ah, my initial thought as well. The problem persists on two different emulators, though.

Caledor

A few changes are coming with the next release:

Animations fixes for Mountain Water in both games and Spirit Ring, Fairy Ring, Unicorn Ring in TLA
Animation tweaks for Nut, Vial, Potion, Hermes' Water, Psy Cristal: the animations scale with power instead of one for everything.

Nerfed most base damage samurai spells cause he's supposed to be the worst caster of all the 4 tri-elemental that belong to Isaac/Garet/Felix. Skull Splitter was buffed to +70 damage.
Duelist lost Rockfall for Punji and gained +5% PP at the cost of -10% Luck.
Warden gained Break.
Counselor lost 5% PP for 5% Agility.

Obviously the 50% Revive in TBS is also in.
Everything will be released when I have the Raise animation in TBS.

VardenSalad

Hey Cal; for what it's worth, seeing as so many spells got changed over the course of the patch, could you add spell info on the Google doc with the class changes?

Edit: Your answer is fair.
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

Hmm... I don't really think it's worth it. I always list in the changelog which spells got tweaked and everyone can easily check them with the editor. The class chart exists because IMO it's very important that they can be easily compared plus there's the fact that the editor displays the stat multipliers doubled.

Rolina

@Samurai Nerf:  By lowering PP, or did you nerf the spells themselves? 

Caledor

Spells. Stats remain unchanged since his pp multiplier is already quite low

Rolina

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

...Come to think of it, I wonder why other tri-element classes didn't get unique spells like the Samurai and Ninja lines did?  In vanilla, I mean.  It'd have been a cool way to add flavor and distinguish them a bit more, you know?

Caledor

Eh... most likely laziness of the developers again. Just like how we didn't get the 4th tri-elemental or the copy paste of the classes from GS to TLA, disregarding Jenna and Piers.

Rolina

Probably... it is a shame, though.  I'd have loved to have seen what those other classes could have done.  I mean, imagine if paladin had a unique psynergy instead of just Cutting Edge/Plume Edge.  I'd love to have seen what that looked like.  And what if the Ranger/Bard line had more melodic-based spells?  That'd be an interesting take, IMO.  Ah well - a girl can dream, I guess.  And hey, that's what the modding community is for, eh?  One of these days, we'll have one of these projects like OpenGS pull through and we'll be able to add the stuff we wanted that GS proper just couldn't accommodate.  That'll be a fun day.