News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun: The Balance Age

Started by Caledor, 24, January, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Update: enemy drops have been finalized and equipment update is mostly done: currently trying to make the sprite for a new item (female-only boots). After this, a few other minor fixes that have been on my to-do list for a very long time before the final task: update enemy stats.

VardenSalad

Very excited to see the final iteration of this; it's come a long way.
Never forget why you started playing.

Caledor

@Varden: your post has reminded me that i should be a lot more careful with words like "final". it's been misused a lot in this thread, especially from me :P

I'm still stuck at the female boot icon btw.

VardenSalad

Well, don't sweat the small stuff.

I'll do another full feedback TBS-TLA run when you push out a patch you're happy with.

After all is said and down, I'll probably use your patch as a base and push a text alteration patch out. There's some dialogue instances that are kind of weird that I want to hammer out.

Caledor

Just be careful with text patch. They can't be combined with any other patch that alters text - like this one - due to the compression.

Rolina

Quote from: VardenSalad on 18, November, 2016, 02:16:24 PMI'll do another full feedback TBS-TLA run when you push out a patch you're happy with.
This is one of the big reasons I've paused my run, too.  Hard to give it a good play when it updates faster than I do. XD

VardenSalad

Caledor

I haven't forgotten, I swear! I've just been too busy.

BTW, i'm gonna ditch the boots (or just leave them for later), cause it's not worth the additional wait. It's time I wrap this up. Don't know how fast or slow I'll be but "around Christmas" seems feasible

Misery

Heh, wouldn't that be a nice Christmas gift?
I'm planning to give it a go at some point after your final update to the current version, then hopefully after that I'll be able to provide some real feedback as well.

VardenSalad

Quote from: Caledor on 07, December, 2016, 09:36:07 PM
I haven't forgotten, I swear! I've just been too busy.

Np; i'm just giving you a hard time. hope your holiday season goes well.

Caledor

Thanks, hope yours goes well too.

PS: Steadily making progress!

Caledor

Enemy stats update from Gondowan Cliffs to Anemos inner sanctum is DOOOONE!

To-do list before release:

• Quick check of enemies up to Gondowan Cliffs DONE
  • Quick coin-exp check for all TLA enemies DONE
  • Quick global check (this update took 8 months after all)
  • Paste all the changes from my italian rom to the english one (here go all my prayers so that I don't forget something)
  • Update names in the english ROM
  • Write opening post of the new thread
  • PROFIT!

PS: remember that the release will be a beta version cause it will lack the change to the level up mechanic. So don't trick the RNG for perfect level ups if you want to enjoy your run.

Rolina

Quick question - is this just for the Balance patch, or for the big new one you're doing?  Mainly asking because of the level up mechanic you mentioned.

Caledor

Everything is for the new one, the Balance patch is discontinued since it will become part of the new mod.

EDIT: Golden Sun Reloaded has been released HERE!