News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Localizations

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 15, February, 2015, 06:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

This topic is here to discuss everything about localizations in Golden Sun, including their differences. (In memory and in-game.)

This first post should include known localizations... as well as Translations... No ROMs will be posted. - And no links to ROM sites shall be posted.

This may also be here if anyone wants to consider making the editor compatible with other localizations if the editor already isn't. (Maybe...?)

Have a nice day!

-----

(Since the Atrius's editor's source already contains these strings GAME TITLE + GAME CODE, I'll post these strings as well...)

GOLDEN_SUNBAGFE = GS2 (U) version

...more to come.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

I tried to make it mostly compatible with all of the official language versions of both Golden Sun, and The Lost Age games as well as a Chinese fan translation that someone sent me a patch for.

Official version I tested with include:
Japanese (J)
English (U)
German (G)
Spanish (S)
French (F)
Italian (I)

Admittedly, I didn't test very thoroughly with non-English versions, and there are some features I know don't work on some language versions (Text editing for the Japanese and Chinese fan translation versions comes to mind)

Additionally, it's partially compatible with Mario Golf Advanced Tour and Mario Tennis Power Tour because Camelot used a modified version of Golden Sun's engine for them, but I only tinkered with the English versions of those.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Caledor

With the Italian version there are quite a few lines of text missing near the end. The last line seen in the editor is the one where Kraden tells Jenna that Isaac and Felix can take their time to say goodbye to the people of Prox.

Atrius (He/Him)

Weird... I specifically remember that the Italian and Spanish versions of the game had separate strings for items names in Singular and Plural form making them have more lines of text overall.  I know this because I had compensated for it at one point, but apparently it got broken again somewhere along the way...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]