News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The End Is Near

Started by ThanatosTheDark, 25, August, 2011, 11:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaf

Then why do victims of torture often plead to be killed on the spot? There is no value in a life filled only with pain. If a person experiences no joy and holds no hope for the future, then they have lost their reason to live. If a person knows that they will never see the light of day again, and are destined to only suffer from that moment until their death, then they have nothing to cling to, and nothing to make them feel any remaining attachment to this world. People do suffer all throughout their lives in some way or another, but they experience bits and pieces of joy sprinkled throughout that suffering, and hold the hope that they will experience more of that joy if and when they overcome their hardships, which gives them reason to keep living. If you take that away, all that is left for them to look forward to is the end of that suffering: all that is left for them to look forward to is death.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Misery

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 11, October, 2011, 12:36:32 AM
Then why do victims of torture often plead to be killed on the spot?
Because they want to die, of course!

I't a personal thing, I doubt many would agree with me. But pain is still feeling, and suffering is still experiencing. In death, your conscience just doesn't exist. Well, probably. It's simply impossible to fathom.

leaf

Quote from: Misery on 11, October, 2011, 12:45:27 AM
Quote from: leafgreen386 on 11, October, 2011, 12:36:32 AM
Then why do victims of torture often plead to be killed on the spot?
Because they want to die, of course!

I't a personal thing, I doubt many would agree with me. But pain is still feeling, and suffering is still experiencing. In death, your conscience just doesn't exist. Well, probably. It's simply impossible to fathom.
Yes, but there's a difference between talking about experiencing it and actually experiencing it. I think that if you were tortured constantly from now until the day you died, you would crack at some point. The human psyche can only take so much.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Misery

Jiten: That's what most people would imagine when they think of nothingness, but trying to imagine not being able to imagine is a paradox. Seeing your own future is also a paradox if you think about it.

leafgreen: It's very different indeed. I think if I was constantly tortured, since I'm a human I'd simply die at some point. I might also do something that could lead to me getting killed. It's a situation that will probably never arise, at least I hope it doesn't. But if I could live for hundreds of years I might perceive that situation differently, and I also don't think the human mind is capable of experiencing eternal suffering.

I'm planning my life according to the limited time I have in it, and it just doesn't feel like it's enough. If I lived for close to a thousand years, I might try to do something different, like breaking the limits of human ability. Or just go mad and be happy all the same. Perhaps I'm a little crazy already, or perhaps I'm just the epitome of human ignorance.

leaf

Please, call me leaf.

And yes, life is short. Our youth is even shorter. I've come to view the world with more and more negativity over the years, and I just don't see any way that it [the world] will ever be fixed. Of course, that's a topic that would take far too much elaboration for me to go into right now, so I'll just leave it at saying the world is a highly restrictive place.

I can pretty much guarantee that you're a little crazy already - everyone is. It's what makes us individuals. "Normal" is nothing more than an average measure, and anything that deviates from that measure, even if by just a little, is by definition "abnormal." It's just a matter of how abnormal a person is, and if that abnormality is enough to impede their ability to function in society, which it is often not.

Or maybe these are all just the ramblings of a crazy person trying to justify his own insanity. Who knows?
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

zman9000

QuoteOr maybe these are all just the ramblings of a crazy person trying to justify his own insanity. Who knows?

Not offen, but every now and then the world needs a little insanity.

So then here is my theory about the end...
Btw its long and I could see some people having a proplem with it, but meh...
[spoiler]I personaly feel that almost every single person on earth follows a... how you say, normal mind set.
this inclued common people, killers and "quote" mentaly retarted "quote" (the reason for the extreams is an example)

much less commen is the crazys.
the truly insane, resoning is gone, and they could be called a shell of a person.

fewer still is the sane insane.
these people think out side the box, and will fight the world if need be.
these are people that range from "benjamin franklin" to people like "hittler"
they change the world or them selfs become truly insane or just stay in the shadows.

But out of all these the one that would be more likely to cause the end of the world might just be the normal.
people fear change yet, we are also curious about everything. these two sides start conflict with eachother. maby not in war but in politics.
compromise blurs the lines and creates confusion and disorder, and then lead to fighting and finaly war.

every time in the past of major conflicts, it has come down to a wild card, a new idea, or new leader that ends the conflict.
most of the time its some one who could be called sane insane.

world war two, for better worse, there was one who had the greatest pull in ending conflict.
albert einstein, didn't really pick a side. while his research did end the war, it was used to create a weapon.

As it is right now there isn't many who would end conflict should it start (and it will start)
As it stands I feel the world will end in a conflict bigger then and war ever combined. and it will be between you and your nabor. it will be half the human race verses the other half. in the end almost no one will survive and due to world wide war, the survivers won't recover and will eventauly die out...[/spoiler]

Again its my theory on the end. if you don't agree. fine.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

leaf

Actually, the world ending due to nuclear holocaust isn't entirely unlikely. And a WWIII would certainly spawn a nuclear holocaust.

The bit about you and your neighbor being on opposing sides seems highly improbable, though. Rather than being on opposing sides, what would be more likely is simply every person being on their own side, competing over a set of limited resources in the fallout after the war. It's not that they want to kill the other person - it's that they want to survive, themselves.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

zman9000

neighbor. refering to freinds turned enemys and enemys freinds. a.k.a countrys. more or less world devided. and sure depending on what said fighing is about, who knows maby your nabor will leave the country and go to another on another side?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

zman9000

Zman's predictions: Lately there haven't been to much in the way of natural disasters. but there is going to be another small one, then it will be peaceful for almost a year, then another natural disaster will hit. but it win't be small like the hurricanes or that earth quake japan had. no this will make that look like an ant. and it won't be limited to one part of the world, it will effect each person in a visible way. just after there will be a short while of total peace from fighting every where. then a few weeks later a world war will start. If nukes will be used or not idk but it will be bad.

Should my prediction fail you are all to give me a coin! HNG! WALP! I-I.. can't see any more....

zman9000

umm i thought is was the 21st... at 11:52 est...

12/21/2012 time 11:52am est

exact time.

zman9000

yep so we have just over a year until something happens...

what happens? i don't know... maybe the xbox360 will get replaced... who knows what they thought was so bad...

Atrius (He/Him)

I think the terrible thing that happens is that they realize they miscalculated, and the apocalypse isn't for a few more years.  This will of course be a reccurring event on every subsequent apocalypse date as well for a long long time to come.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kide

Even though I don't believe in any of this, deep down I am a bit worried about whatever may happen.

dwkjohn

which is quite understandable. I mean what do we do if something does happen?
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

zman9000

I'm not worried, I'm excited to see what if anything any where happens on that date.

Charon

.05% of the population will be doing stupid things to ruin it for everyone else.

Especially the looters.

THEY'RE GOING TO SCREW UP THE LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS PLANS

Rolina

Y2K is gonna be the end of the world, guys!  Continents collapsing, society failing, dogs and cats LIVING TOGETHER, complete chaos!