News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Favourite Golden Sun: The Lost Age Character

Started by Charon, 13, July, 2009, 08:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite Golden Sun: The Lost Age Character

7 (36.8%)
8 (42.1%)
2 (10.5%)
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Charon

thenightsshadow

Despite picking Jenna, I seem to find a fault with all four that make me not like them.

Felix - Takes a whole bunch of crap and doesn't respond back.
Jenna - Extremely volatile and dishonest to a fault.
Sheba - Self-centered and almost completely unsympathetic.
Piers - Aloof and disillusioned, as well as having no discernible personality.

I admit that these are just limitations by the game and the plot.  I don't care.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Zach

Oh wow, a tie between everyone except Sheba =O

Rolina

Jenna, hands down.  She happens to be the most broken character in the game.  Best overall stat growths, has FIGHTER class with MAGE PP growths...  You'd be nuts not to use her over Garet.

Piers, on the other hand, suffers because of the same thing that makes Jenna great... He gets MAGE classes with FIGHTER PP growths... this hurts the hell out of him, and makes him almost as useless as Garet.

Aile~♥

Jenna has the most personality, and is overpowered. Piers can get fighter classes with just the right Djinn combinations, or you can just give him Tamer or Perriot classes. However, he has almost no personality to speak of.

Garet is pretty useless. Maybe it's that his base class has the worst overall stat growths, specifically Agility, in the game? And that his Attack isn't even high to make up for the lost Agility? And that he doesn't even learn Liquifier in the first game? At least Piers learns Diamond Berg.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

G

Jenna for above reasons and she's more "realistic" then the other characters up there

Salanewt

That makes about three of us who agree that Jenna is a bit more developed than the others (Felix and Sheba were better in the previous game, but then they lost some of their personalities).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Ivan! Ivan is the best. Would be better if he had more electrical Psys, and Sheba had wind-based Psys. That way they would have separate classes.

Salanewt

I agree with that. It would also be nice if there was a gender balance (you know, four males and four females (excluding Kraden)).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Sorry, but Felix/Garet had to ruin that. On the other hand, I suppose if Garet weren't there, than Sheba couldn't have a crush on him. Felix could've been female, he never does anything anyway, and then Jenna would have a sister not a brother, but WHO CARES??? Felix doesn't even have any personality in the second one. On the other hand, he's oddly bad-@#$ in the first one.

Zach

Maybe it's because of his mask in the beginning..........

Aile~♥

"Relax, you will not be hurt." = Most epic thing Felix ever says.

weckar

I voted sheba, simply because she's the only one to ever make another character blush :)

and she's a kickass mascot ofcourse

Aile~♥

Mia and Piers are quite alike in my opinion. Neither of them has any personality. XD

Rolina

Mia at least has more than Piers, though, even if it's the "generic healer personality".

weckar

Piers just has the personality with the thousand mile (year?) stare. Near-immortality will do that to a man.

Salanewt

Very true... However, even Conservato and King Hydros have more personality than Piers... And you only see them for a few minutes when playing (unless you give Piers the Lash Pebble, then you never see them).

Anyway, the character with the most personality, in my opinion... Tutorial Venus Djinni for the win (hehe)!

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

I know right? "I promise I won't be a burden and eat all your chips or anything!" EPIC WIN.

Salanewt

Very good.

Anyway... My storyline theory is that Isaac stole Felix' personality and voice before makign them his own.

In my opinion, Sheba is the only one of those four with more personality, but I am confused as to why she and Mia both become female dogs in the pre (or post?) credits cutscene, when they return to Vale and start calling Garet a big baby when he thinks that he lost his family. I didn't think that Mia had THAT type of personality (although that is easily something that Sheba might say).

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 04, September, 2009, 01:58:00 AMYeah. In fact, it would have been neat for Camelot to make a spin off of Golden Sun... But with only Djinn. Then again, it might be a bit odd, but at least it would be easy to make each character have enough of a personality.

Have a nice day.
ehh....not really. seeing how there's 72 djinni, you would have generic personality or even djinni with maybe 1-3 emotions