News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The New GS Editor Discussion!

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 01, April, 2015, 02:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

You know how Apple has Siri, and Microsoft has Cortana? Well, this has given me an awesome idea! We need a personal assistant for the Editor!  I think Yoshi will do just fine!

^Concept idea, so Yoshi isn't fine-tuned enough. We're hoping to make him dance (Like right here, he's twirling his booty, preparing for an egg to pop out, ofcourse.), play his sound effects, and do all sorts of stuff.

Happy April Fools! [spoiler](I think I just gave the joke away. As if posting in the Open Discussion wasn't enough. :P)
Will probably put April Fools in topic title a bit later.[/spoiler]
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

I genuinely laughed at that. :happy:

We should probably seriously do this with the editor though.
Or what if we add a easter egg yoshi in the editor somewhere?
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Quote from: Luna_blade on 01, April, 2015, 10:03:32 AM
I genuinely laughed at that. :happy:

We should probably seriously do this with the editor though.
Or what if we add a easter egg yoshi in the editor somewhere?
I'm happy someone found it funny. Thanks!

Maybe, I dunno though... If I were to do it, it'd probably seem messed up... (What animations are worth using, I don't even know...)
Easter egg, hmm... Where would this "somewhere" be? Type Yoshi anywhere and he pops up saying:  "Who called?" ?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

Quote from: Fox on 01, April, 2015, 10:53:34 AM
Maybe, I dunno though... If I were to do it, it'd probably seem messed up... (What animations are worth using, I don't even know...)
Easter egg, hmm... Where would this "somewhere" be? Type Yoshi anywhere and he pops up saying:  "Who called?" ?
That could work.
Isn't there an dino or yoshi like enemy? Or a character called yoshi in japanese (although it might not be exactly yoshi)?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

MaxiPower

Could use the Djinn as assisstants,  :VenusDjinni: :MarsDjinni: :JupiterDjinni: :MercuryDjinni:

Is there a new release coming? If so any information regarding what new features?

Salanewt

Oh yes! New features (at least for my version):

- Highly advanced battle animation editor, will only be compatible with Ice and Growth (not Punji, and you also can't resize the code for either animation)
- The ability to add new gear types, but at the cost of reducing PC inventory slots from 15 to 4
- Removing all utility effects aside from Move, done through an invisible setting that replaces each effect with Move (because how useful are the others really?)
- Adding the Fart element, replaces Jupiter and is coloured greenish-brown
- A free GS-themed virtual pinball game that can be played once per month, or with a daily payment of $3.99 or greater
- Replaces enemy editor stuff with Conduit and Trovi Search installation code
- Replaces sprite viewer with online banking app
- A 1/10 chance of deleting system32 whenever you save

Prepare your asses for THE BEST UPDATE EVER!!1 Well, unless Fox can beat me with his new features; Yoshi assistance might just do that.

[spoiler=Top Secret; Do not open until 2/4/16]In all seriousness though, April Fools and stuff. :D[/spoiler]
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Luna_blade

Quote from: MaxiPower on 01, April, 2015, 12:24:04 PM
Could use the Djinn as assisstants,  :VenusDjinni: :MarsDjinni: :JupiterDjinni: :MercuryDjinni:
Yes! We go back to word 2003 and have these useless assitents!
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 01, April, 2015, 03:18:39 PM
Oh yes! New features (at least for my version):

- Highly advanced battle animation editor, will only be compatible with Ice and Growth (not Punji, and you also can't resize the code for either animation)
- The ability to add new gear types, but at the cost of reducing PC inventory slots from 15 to 4
- Removing all utility effects aside from Move, done through an invisible setting that replaces each effect with Move (because how useful are the others really?)
- Adding the Fart element, replaces Jupiter and is coloured greenish-brown
- A free GS-themed virtual pinball game that can be played once per month, or with a daily payment of $3.99 or greater
- Replaces enemy editor stuff with Conduit and Trovi Search installation code
- Replaces sprite viewer with online banking app
- A 1/10 chance of deleting system32 whenever you save

Prepare your asses for THE BEST UPDATE EVER!!1 Well, unless Fox can beat me with his new features; Yoshi assistance might just do that.

[spoiler=Top Secret; Do not open until 2/4/16]In all seriousness though, April Fools and stuff. :D[/spoiler]
You forgot to add that you get all of this exclusively accessible through a Facebook app! And that you must have at least 50 "verified" friends to have all of the features enabled. Your friends would have to approve every edit you make to your game, etc.

Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing about that Yoshi, there's a one percent chance that he might try to stick his tongue out the screen to lick you. :p
He might eat your cursor and convert it into an egg.

--
@Djinn assistance: Good point, could make Flint (if editing GS1) or Echo (if editing GS2) do some long annoying tutorials every time you switch to another sub-editor! And at the end of the tutorial, ask if you understand, with the default being "No."

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Quote from: Fox on 01, April, 2015, 06:23:06 PM
@Djinn assistance: Good point, could make Flint (if editing GS1) or Echo (if editing GS2) do some long annoying tutorials every time you switch to another sub-editor! And at the end of the tutorial, ask if you understand, with the default being "No."
Yes! Yes! :!: :happy:
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"