News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Sleep

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 13, March, 2015, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

This topic is here to discuss how many hours of sleep you people often get. Pretty much, when do you go to sleep, and when do you wake up. (For example, do you have a curfew, and do you abuse it?)

(This topic is not to be confused with the topic called Dreams.)

For me, I usually try to sleep when I want to, there's no real defined sleeping period. And the numbers of hours I get may vary, but at least there are times when I do get enough sleep, at least... :)
I probably get more when sleeping during night than during day, though? (Due to certain, ahem... distractions...)

---
I do feel that if you can do anything for your health, though, that sleep should be the very first thing to pay attention to:
-Immune System & Life expectency

--

So, to recap on the question, how many hours are we (the Community) getting, and when? - And as a bonus question: What do you do to help you sleep, if anything? (Ex: Avoid blue light, sleep medication, exercise, foods/drinks like tart cherry juice, etc.)

(Might make this a Power topic because it's a basic personality thing.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

MaxiPower

I fall into bad hapbits of going to bed late, for years I stayed up to 2am at least everynight, even if i had work or school the next day, for a few months there I was going well and kinda got outa it and I felt fresh as expected but its half 1am now so its slipping back into it. Yesterday I was up to half 5. literally doing nothing

To help me get to sleep I put one earphone in and stick on a podcast

Either

Nintendo voice chat
Giant bombcast
IGN UK podcast
Podcast Beyond
etc etc

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I could also suggest stuff from Dr. Oz. - If you're tired, it may be worth getting a 10 minute nap... But if you get a few hours and wake up, it's like jumping off a rollar coaster. (Or something.)

And yeah, I also cheated sleep with grade school back then as well... Could go 2 days + night (~36 hours) without sleep sometimes. (The most I recall ever doing was probably 3 days + 2 nights... but it's extremely rare and it feels like a long time ago that I can't be sure anymore? I probably only went that far maybe once(?), I'm guessing... chances are, I probably had some micro-sleeps.. (You know you can actually sleep for just a few seconds, right?)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Usually I get 7-8 hours, but after getting sick, getting slammed with allergies, and then getting hit with a cracked rib, my body's all "Screw it", and now I typically get 9-10.  I suppose my body needs it to help heal. :/

charon the ferryman

I sleep pretty much from 10 pm to 7 am every day. Sometimes I'll push myself further out.

There are times I've had panic attacks about issues in my personal life, and that can lead to sleepless nights.

Knight of Purgatory

During the weekdays, i sleep 2-3 hours a day. While in the weekends it goes from 6-8 i think. Not that I have a problem sleeping. I just choose not to sleep as much. If anything I fall asleep too easily, specially if boring things are happening
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Wolf

About 7 to 8 hours on a good night.