Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 13, 2017, 09:23:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animation List Overhaul Announcement (GS2 patch incoming)  (Read 6583 times)
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »

Just have to make sure it doesn't result in a game freeze. Attempting to use Megaera's summon slot for a double Impact to the whole party seems to like freezing the game.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 01:23:27 PM »

Been busy, so I'll test some of this stuff the next time I'm free.

Ouch, that sucks. Is it only Impact that it freezes for, or is it any ability that targets allies?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »

I think the freeze was most likely caused by Impact's animation trying to run over top of itself.

View Profile

New User

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »

Couple things. I went over a patched ROM with the editor.  There are several animations missing from your list so...I was wondering about that. Also wouldn't the Jupiter healing animation still be useful for people who didn't want to overhaul their whole animation list?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 10:54:08 PM »

Missing animations: There honestly shouldn't be unless I overlooked a couple arguments (I think I mentioned one example earlier in this topic), but would you mind telling me what you think is missing just in case? Keep in mind that I also removed over a dozen duplicates from the list and combined several others so they use arguments; for example, Lucid Prophecy was an exact duplicate of Curse, Flower a copy of Cure, Revive, Dew, and Spark are all in one entry now, etc. I don't actually name any of the duplicates in the overhaul list, since the plan was to make a separate list of duplicates that I never got around to making.

Jupiter: Not at all, lol. I made that when I was first getting into assembly, and later realized that it was an exact duplicate of an animation that can already be selected in the editor (I want to say it was Ether). So... one can just use that instead.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

New User

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015, 11:40:41 PM »

It's probably just that I don't know which unleashes and use duplicate animations so I can't reassign them using just the change log. Thus far, I cannot find Sargasso, Sarcophagus, and Cyclone Slash. Actually, I think I might just be misunderstanding the change log. The Raiden's Wrath animation is 86 argument 8 right?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »

Aaah, yeah. Argument 4 animations, which also include the 101 unleashes; none of those have actually been changed (Raiden's Wrath is 186:4, as it was before). I just made it easier to customize some of the palette options/transitions that these unleashes, including Flint, Echo, Aqua Sock, and others use. It does require some very basic knowledge with hex editing, but all one has to do now is change a few bytes per unleash if they want to take advantage of the option. Pretty simple stuff if you know how to use a hex editor.

As for not knowing which animations are duplicates... Um, I had a partial changelog somewhere I think. May be around here, or it may be on my laptop. I can investigate the changes I made to Disco Sun following the overhaul patch, but if it helps the likelihood of an animation actually being missing is pretty low due to the way I organized the pointers before putting everything together. The main issue is simply finding out which IDs were obsoleted, or at least which alternate names were simply excluded from the list.

Are there any in particular that you are having difficulty with? If you can name an animation you don't know the new ID for, I can probably help fix it.

View Profile WWW

New User

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 04:23:07 AM »

No it seems I just misunderstood what you changed. If the regular djinn/weapon unleash/summon animations can be left where they are, than I just need to rearrange the monster abilities/psynergy and create placeholder abilities for the additions.

Actually, do I need to change the Summon animations and djinn unleashes? Or are they fine as is. It's little confusing when several default animations are now listed as *Crashes game*.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:00:15 AM by Red Dingo » Logged
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 05:20:59 AM »

You may need to change anything that didn't use argument 4 before applying the patch. Any ability with an animation that did use argument 4 should be fine.

The *crashes game* thing only means that there is no pointer for the entry in the main animation table; it doesn't account for argument-based exceptions.

View Profile WWW

New User

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »

Why is Mine Ball listed in two places?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 01:25:01 AM »

Can't remember. Huh. I'm pretty sure 171 is the true Mine Ball, while the other is probably a similar animation; I don't think it is Angry Mine though, since the common trait between Start Magician's attack (where the first Mine Ball is) and Shred is the fact that they both use an orb while Angry Mine is just an explosion. Have you tested them?

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 03:33:14 AM »

Wasn't one of them Mine Ball and the other a Star Magician critical? I could be wrong though.

/late

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2016, 05:35:14 AM »

I think it must be something like that. Not sure, may test it later to confirm.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »

Okay, so here's a quick update to talk about the tagging system I plan to use for all additional animation patches. I'd love it if everyone who makes animation patches also use these tags (should others start doing animation stuff), but I'm probably not your parent so whatever.

[OR] - Overhaul Required/Recommended: Using the overhaul is either required to use of the patch or is recommended to make use of all of the changes.
[OO] - Overhaul Optional: Makes no difference whether you use or not (but I still recommend it anyway, the overhaul is awesome).
[OI] - Overhaul Incompatible: Using this with the overhaul will either break something in either patch or just not work. I don't plan to make use of this tag for anything.

Because there isn't yet an overhaul patch for GS1 or GS3, all tags are for GS2 games only. Not sure if this will change in the future: I already know how I will revise the tagging system in the event an overhaul patch is made for either of the other two games.

Edit: Also, I fixed a couple very minor things in the overhaul patch: I recommend that anyone who is using it reinstall the patch. A supplement patch is also coming in the near-ish future to change the added debuff GFX thing (so animations don't add it) as well as another to add more multiplier-compatible animation variants, mainly because they may not be issues for everyone.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:15:17 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »

Hey everyone! Just letting you know that I've been ironing out some minor bugs I overlooked when I originally made the overhaul, with the most recent ones being that Megaera and Iris would crash the game when starting their secondary effects. I overlooked the fact that the code for these effects not only sets a base ability to use (High Impact for Megaera and Aurora Field for Iris) but also an animation, and the animations they were calling were moved.

As far as I know, the only other thing I need to do is double check and maybe fix some of the animations that use debuff effects as part of the animation itself. However, I don't know what all of these are; would someone be willing to compile a list for me? Oh, and for every animation that uses the "may double" or "may triple" effects! I would be very appreciative. :)

Thanks to everyone who is using this hack for their patience!

Edit: Thanks in part to this topic, here's a complete list of the 101 animations; blank entries are as of yet unknown or unidentified, and I'm not sure if video exists for any of those unused djinni animations or not.

100 - Bane
101 - Smog
102 - Mist
103 - Fever
104 - Flint
105 - Scorch
106 - Squall
107 - Sap
108 - Echo
109 - Sour
110 - Chill
111 - Gel
112 - Steel
113 - Fog
114 - Unused Djinni
115 - Unused Djinni (completed)
116 - Wheeze
117 - Blitz
118 - Unused Djinni
119 - Unused Djinni
120 - Unused Djinni
121 - Unused Djinni
122 - Unused Djinni
123 - Unused Djinni
124 - Unused Djinni
125 - Unused Djinni
126 - Unused Djinni
127 -
128 -
129 -
130 -
131 -
132 -
133 -
134 -
135 -
136 -
137 -
138 - Terra Strike
139 - Poison Cloud
140 - Poison Death
141 - Mortal Danger, Death Scythe
142 - Bad Omen
143 - Life Nourish
144 - Aqua Sock
145 - [Manually set Blizzard/Ice Breath?]
146 - Frost Bite
147 -
148 - Life Leech
149 - Psy Leech
150 - Broil
151 - Meltdown
152 - Heat Mirage, Heat Flash
153 - Barrage
154 - [Manually set Demon Fire?]
155 - Acid Bath
156 - [Manually set Slash relative?]
157 - Stun Voltage
158 - Blinding Smog
159 - Murk
160 - Cyclone Slash
161 - Psyphon Seal
162 - Asura
163 - Forcible Arm, Grand Golem
164 - Truncheon Fist
165 - [Manually set Blast relative?]
166 - Power Drive
167 - Heat Smash
168 - Stun Cloud
169 - Searing Fog
170 - Ice Crush
171 - Sargasso
172 - Evil Eye
173 - Vein Tap
174 - Scorpionfish
175 - Moon Air
176 - Flash Edge
177 - High Vitals
178 - Flare Burst
179 - Hammersphere
180 - Flash Force
181 - Crucible Fire
182 - Reverse Star
183 - Supernova
184 - Stun Bolt
185 - Sarcophagus
186 - Raiden's Wrath
187 -
188 - Apocalypse
189 - Flash Punch
190 - Armor Crush
191 - Stun Jip
192 - Quick Slash
193 - Bosca Hit
194 - Mother Earth
195 - Roc, Orc
196 - Wild Wolf, Fatal Fang
197 - Dinox, Power Bite
198 - Terrible Bite
199 - Call Zombie
200 -
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:08:48 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.
December 06, 2017, 12:08:12 AM
Fox: No idea. I just wish OpenGoldenSun would release it as unfinished, but oh well.
December 05, 2017, 06:52:09 AM
MaxiPower: Bummed out that the open golden sun project is dead it seems with no actitivy in close to a year at this point. Is there any hope left in any other projects?
November 27, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Fox: (When I say research, mainly refering to the data in the game, though checking websites can count to a degree.)
November 27, 2017, 09:52:27 AM
Fox: Maybe. But Dark Dawn is meh, hahah... I still research it, though, because data can be interesting.
November 27, 2017, 05:28:36 AM
Portakin: I'm here! This game is underrated!
November 25, 2017, 08:03:23 PM
Fox: .... and the email listed in that post makes me think we should just make a new rules topic with most of the same information. (So the old ones can be sort o archived.)
November 25, 2017, 07:59:47 PM
Fox: "and in addition to the bot being banned, I will remove the advertisement and lock the thread."  ... From what I've seen in the last couple years, this should be changed to "delete the thread."

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise