News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Animation List Overhaul Announcement (GS2 patch incoming)

Started by Salanewt, 28, May, 2015, 11:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Can't remember. Huh. I'm pretty sure 171 is the true Mine Ball, while the other is probably a similar animation; I don't think it is Angry Mine though, since the common trait between Start Magician's attack (where the first Mine Ball is) and Shred is the fact that they both use an orb while Angry Mine is just an explosion. Have you tested them?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Wasn't one of them Mine Ball and the other a Star Magician critical? I could be wrong though.

/late
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

I think it must be something like that. Not sure, may test it later to confirm.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Okay, so here's a quick update to talk about the tagging system I plan to use for all additional animation patches. I'd love it if everyone who makes animation patches also use these tags (should others start doing animation stuff), but I'm probably not your parent so whatever.

[OR] - Overhaul Required/Recommended: Using the overhaul is either required to use of the patch or is recommended to make use of all of the changes.
[OO] - Overhaul Optional: Makes no difference whether you use or not (but I still recommend it anyway, the overhaul is awesome).
[OI] - Overhaul Incompatible: Using this with the overhaul will either break something in either patch or just not work. I don't plan to make use of this tag for anything.

Because there isn't yet an overhaul patch for GS1 or GS3, all tags are for GS2 games only. Not sure if this will change in the future: I already know how I will revise the tagging system in the event an overhaul patch is made for either of the other two games.

Edit: Also, I fixed a couple very minor things in the overhaul patch: I recommend that anyone who is using it reinstall the patch. A supplement patch is also coming in the near-ish future to change the added debuff GFX thing (so animations don't add it) as well as another to add more multiplier-compatible animation variants, mainly because they may not be issues for everyone.

Salanewt

Hey everyone! Just letting you know that I've been ironing out some minor bugs I overlooked when I originally made the overhaul, with the most recent ones being that Megaera and Iris would crash the game when starting their secondary effects. I overlooked the fact that the code for these effects not only sets a base ability to use (High Impact for Megaera and Aurora Field for Iris) but also an animation, and the animations they were calling were moved.

As far as I know, the only other thing I need to do is double check and maybe fix some of the animations that use debuff effects as part of the animation itself. However, I don't know what all of these are; would someone be willing to compile a list for me? Oh, and for every animation that uses the "may double" or "may triple" effects! I would be very appreciative. :)

Thanks to everyone who is using this hack for their patience!

Edit: Thanks in part to this topic, here's a complete list of the 101 animations; blank entries are as of yet unknown or unidentified, and I'm not sure if video exists for any of those unused djinni animations or not.

Quote100 - Bane
101 - Smog
102 - Mist
103 - Fever
104 - Flint
105 - Scorch
106 - Squall
107 - Sap
108 - Echo
109 - Sour
110 - Chill
111 - Gel
112 - Steel
113 - Fog
114 - Unused Djinni
115 - Unused Djinni (completed)
116 - Wheeze
117 - Blitz
118 - Unused Djinni
119 - Unused Djinni
120 - Unused Djinni
121 - Unused Djinni
122 - Unused Djinni
123 - Unused Djinni
124 - Unused Djinni
125 - Unused Djinni
126 - Unused Djinni
127 -
128 -
129 -
130 -
131 -
132 -
133 -
134 -
135 -
136 -
137 -
138 - Terra Strike
139 - Poison Cloud
140 - Poison Death
141 - Mortal Danger, Death Scythe
142 - Bad Omen
143 - Life Nourish
144 - Aqua Sock
145 - [Manually set Blizzard/Ice Breath?]
146 - Frost Bite
147 -
148 - Life Leech
149 - Psy Leech
150 - Broil
151 - Meltdown
152 - Heat Mirage, Heat Flash
153 - Barrage
154 - [Manually set Demon Fire?]
155 - Acid Bath
156 - [Manually set Slash relative?]
157 - Stun Voltage
158 - Blinding Smog
159 - Murk
160 - Cyclone Slash
161 - Psyphon Seal
162 - Asura
163 - Forcible Arm, Grand Golem
164 - Truncheon Fist
165 - [Manually set Blast relative?]
166 - Power Drive
167 - Heat Smash
168 - Stun Cloud
169 - Searing Fog
170 - Ice Crush
171 - Sargasso
172 - Evil Eye
173 - Vein Tap
174 - Scorpionfish
175 - Moon Air
176 - Flash Edge
177 - High Vitals
178 - Flare Burst
179 - Hammersphere
180 - Flash Force
181 - Crucible Fire
182 - Reverse Star
183 - Supernova
184 - Stun Bolt
185 - Sarcophagus
186 - Raiden's Wrath
187 -
188 - Apocalypse
189 - Flash Punch
190 - Armor Crush
191 - Stun Jip
192 - Quick Slash
193 - Bosca Hit
194 - Mother Earth
195 - Roc, Orc
196 - Wild Wolf, Fatal Fang
197 - Dinox, Power Bite
198 - Terrible Bite
199 - Call Zombie
200 -