Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 12, 2018, 05:46:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Editor Questions I think  (Read 11697 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 29

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 03:35:54 AM »

While I could ask you to go to Help>About, I'm going to just guess instead...
You are -probably- using version 0.4? Correct me if I'm wrong... as I am guessing based on the fact that the Data Viewer icon is not in that image. (0.5 was his last and final version... as Atrius is no longer working on the GS Editor project... last time we've heard.)

I'm also wondering if it's possible to change the max amount of party members, but that's something I will deal with later...
It's not possible with the editor... While it may technically be possible from a hex editor standpoint, it would likely take a huge amount of work to do... and assembly/coding knowledge is definitely required.
Of course, if you're planning on reducing the amount, that may be as simple as keeping the PC from joining your team to begin with....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:43:50 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 03:57:06 AM »

While I could ask you to go to Help>About, I'm going to just guess instead...
You are -probably- using version 0.4? Correct me if I'm wrong... as I am guessing based on the fact that the Data Viewer icon is not in that image. (0.5 was his last and final version... as Atrius is no longer working on the GS Editor project... last time we've heard.)

I'm also wondering if it's possible to change the max amount of party members, but that's something I will deal with later...
It's not possible with the editor... While it may technically be possible from a hex editor standpoint, it would likely take a huge amount of work to do... and assembly/coding knowledge is definitely required.
Of course, if you're planning on reducing the amount, that may be as simple as keeping the PC from joining your team to begin with....

Actually, I found where it said the version, and yes, it's version 0.4 fix 2, awhile after I posted though.
So I'm gonna have to grab 0.5 if I'm planning on doing something like add Flandre Scarlet as a bonus boss? (Yes, I do realize that it was already done, I'm still trying to do it anyway.) I've even went as far as grabbing Field and Battle sprites for her. (With the  Battle Sprites being ripped from Mystical Chain. Not too sure where the Field Sprite was ripped.)

Anyhow, I would actually like help with figuring this out anyway.
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 01:21:27 AM »

Alex Hmmm....Seems Johnstir can't find the 0.5 version of the TLA editor. How unfortanate.

Shut up Alex, Sheesh when I played Golden Sun TLA when I was younger, I somehow completely ignored you. But now I am just SEVERELY ANNOYED BY YOUR MYSTERIOUS-NESS!!!

Oh right! anyhow, I can't seem to find the 0.5 download link anywhere on the site. Sooo.... yeaahhh... Sweat Drop

EDIT: Found the link, turns out, I had to bother googling the version of the editor.  Sweat Drop Sweat Drop

JennaYeah, not to be rude, but you did kinda make yourself look a tad dumb there...

Jenna, shut up.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:25:21 AM by Johnstir, Reason: Found what I needed. » Logged
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 29

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 01:47:45 AM »

Um... Yeah... He never actually finished 0.5... if I remember correctly... and that's why it was labeled Alpha... and I suspect that may have something to do with why it wasn't added to the main list of downloads? And that at some point, I believe he quit altogether... Basically moved on to his own new project.. code-named Forgotten Dreams... I have no idea how that's going... or even if it will be a success or not.

Garet Heheh! It took me a long time too, man... So don't feel too bad... That Download is really good at hiding! Right Isaac?

Isaac As much as it pains me to say, I'll have to agree with you on this one, Garet.  Sweat Drop
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:55:08 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 02:01:45 AM »

MiaThere's something wrong again, is there?

Yup. Sweat Drop

The editor seems to consistently stop responding when I click on a Empty Slot in the Data Viewer. And I'm using the 0.5 version, so I dunno what's going on.

IN FACT, as of me typing and posting this, It's still not responding, Soooo.....yea.... Sweat Drop Sweat Drop Sweat Drop

Jenna How much experience do you have with game editors anyway, Johnstir?

Well....The only other thing I've used was a free trial version of RPG Maker VX Ace that I never got to finish.

EDIT: Seems the Editor won't let me use a empty sprite slot either, proclaiming that I must use a 16x16 image, and apparently, nothing I have, even the in-game sprites themselves-are 16x16
*Sigh*
 Mercury DjinniHA! HE CAN'T WORK THE EDITOR TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THEN START EVERYONE AT LVL 99 AND PUT IN A OVERPOWERED WEAPON!!!
Shut up Mudki-Wait, you're not John.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:48:41 AM by Johnstir, Reason: Moar Issues. Wtf is up with the editor? » Logged
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 04:15:29 AM »

Yeah, the data and map viewers can be a little buggy in 0.5 version.

Data: Just be careful about clicking on certain things and you should be fine. Mind if I ask what you are trying to view?

Map: This may not be an issue for you, but in my case at least I can only look at up to three maps before the editor crashes; a simple reload should work, even if it's a tad annoying to have to do it.

Sprite: Yeah... now that feature was super early in development. :|

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »

Yeah, the data and map viewers can be a little buggy in 0.5 version.

Data: Just be careful about clicking on certain things and you should be fine. Mind if I ask what you are trying to view?

Map: This may not be an issue for you, but in my case at least I can only look at up to three maps before the editor crashes; a simple reload should work, even if it's a tad annoying to have to do it.

Sprite: Yeah... now that feature was super early in development. :|

The things in the editor that say "Empty Slot" Hmmm.....Turns out, it crashes in Image Viewer...
View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 09, 2018, 07:43:31 PM
Fox: A banana for you, a banana for me, let's all open a banana and enjoy!
December 08, 2018, 09:48:52 PM
Drake baku: ba... ba.... bana.... bana.... banana.... nanananananananana..... and now back to doing normal, kinda
December 07, 2018, 05:43:02 PM
Luna_blade: Hey I forgot the christmas theme
November 29, 2018, 09:01:09 AM
zman9000: ded
November 19, 2018, 11:05:28 AM
Drake baku: Good day to ya all
October 30, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
Atrius: There used to be where I got the battle sprites for Kraden, but that site doesn't exist any more.
October 26, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Infitek: Do you know if there any custom Alex battle sprites available on the internet ?
October 26, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Infitek: Hey everyone
October 13, 2018, 03:23:06 AM
Salanewt: Updated it to provide more info that I forgot to mention.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:48 AM
Salanewt: I'm still trying to iron out IQ 2 but I'm pretty sure it's entirely random targeting.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:29 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, I posted some more info about enemy IQ.
October 12, 2018, 09:51:27 PM
FoxThe HTML5 project is too small to count
October 12, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Luna_blade: there is jjppof's html5 project...
October 12, 2018, 06:19:17 AM
Luna_blade: Though Momo rings a bell it seems I came here after you left
October 11, 2018, 12:49:41 AM
Fox: (If that makes sense.)
October 11, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Fox: Yeah, I guess so.  More just saying that's a good place to get answers to GS related questions at the moment.
October 11, 2018, 12:42:28 AM
Crystal Sonata: I did before, but I guess I could try it again
October 11, 2018, 12:41:32 AM
Fox: Not much at the moment. This forum seems pretty quiet. Perhaps you'd be interested in joining the Discord for GSHC that seems to have more activity?
October 10, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Crystal Sonata: Any projects going on? I need a distraction from the daily grind and I'm interested in hacking GS again.
October 10, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
Fox: Thanks, and good to see you too!

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise