News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Editor Questions I think

Started by Salanewt, 12, June, 2015, 12:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Oh yeah! Hey Pie Burritos; which version of the editor are you using again? I ask because you mentioned two values at the bottom.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Foreclosure

Anyone knows how do I turn all Isaac's party characters into Mars adepts by adjusting their elemental levels as Venus 3, Mercury 2, Jupiter 1 and Mars 54 without glitching the base classes into NPC?

Salanewt

I'd look into it but the editor isn't working for me right now. Those numbers don't feel standard for Mars Adepts though?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Foreclosure

Any other combination will get me the same result so I don't think this is because of the statistics but I believe it has something to do with the player character's stats being hardcoded and if I am right I don't think there is a way around this...

Edit: Nevermind guys I figured it out :D

Salanewt

Okay, so two quick things.

1. Did you try Venus 1, Mercury 2, Mars 54, Jupiter 3? Other numbers will act funny for Mars adepts (unless you change Mars by multiples of 10).

2. How do you have your classes organized?

Pie Burritos

And so, thousands of years later, I rediscover Golden Sun and finally get around to responding.
Oh yeah! Hey Pie Burritos; which version of the editor are you using again? I ask because you mentioned two values at the bottom.
I was using version 0.5.
QuoteClass requirements are checked from bottom to top / higher numbers to lower, and the first class to meet the requirements is assigned, so the order is very important. Make sure classes with higher elemental level requirements are placed after those with lower ones for all classes that share the same ID, otherwise the higher tiers will never have a chance to get checked.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Then the only way is to just painstakingly organize them all... It's too bad that there's no way to just move classes around on the ordering without having to edit every single spot.
QuoteIf you mean what I think you mean, those are IDs for ability effects (such as ailments or debuffs) that those classes are more vulnerable against. Yeah, that's a thing.
I remember something to that effect included in the Golden Sun Reloaded hack. It would be nice to know what addresses corresponded to what weaknesses though!

Misery

Quote from: Pie Burritos on 16, April, 2020, 10:56:59 PM
QuoteIf you mean what I think you mean, those are IDs for ability effects (such as ailments or debuffs) that those classes are more vulnerable against. Yeah, that's a thing.
I remember something to that effect included in the Golden Sun Reloaded hack. It would be nice to know what addresses corresponded to what weaknesses though!
Every number corresponds to the effect with that number, you can view these with the editor when selecting additional effects for abilities. You might notice there are a lot of similar ones, particularly for stat debuffs (-12.5% and -25% are different effects)

QuoteClass requirements are checked from bottom to top / higher numbers to lower, and the first class to meet the requirements is assigned, so the order is very important. Make sure classes with higher elemental level requirements are placed after those with lower ones for all classes that share the same ID, otherwise the higher tiers will never have a chance to get checked.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Then the only way is to just painstakingly organize them all... It's too bad that there's no way to just move classes around on the ordering without having to edit every single spot.
You could move the class data around in a hex editor

Salanewt

If you have even one empty class slot, then you could also use gsmagic to copy+paste classes.

As for the editor version (in response to you saying 0.5), you could try this version here. This is the last known working version of the classic editor before it died, and is especially important given what Misery said about effect stuff.

`Every number corresponds to the effect with that number, you can view these with the editor when selecting additional effects for abilities. You might notice there are a lot of similar ones, particularly for stat debuffs (-12.5% and -25% are different effects)`