Golden Sun Hacking Community
29, September, 2020, 08:03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The last working version of the classic TLA Editor is Teawater's unofficial "mapeditor" draft.

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Editor Questions I think  (Read 34885 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 203

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #40 on: 04, June, 2019, 03:06:21 PM »

Oh yeah! Hey Pie Burritos; which version of the editor are you using again? I ask because you mentioned two values at the bottom.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

Novice Member

Coins: 1000

« Reply #41 on: 04, June, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »

Anyone knows how do I turn all Isaac's party characters into Mars adepts by adjusting their elemental levels as Venus 3, Mercury 2, Jupiter 1 and Mars 54 without glitching the base classes into NPC?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #42 on: 05, June, 2019, 01:12:03 AM »

I'd look into it but the editor isn't working for me right now. Those numbers don't feel standard for Mars Adepts though?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

Novice Member

Coins: 1000

« Reply #43 on: 05, June, 2019, 03:54:25 PM »

Any other combination will get me the same result so I don't think this is because of the statistics but I believe it has something to do with the player character's stats being hardcoded and if I am right I don't think there is a way around this...

Edit: Nevermind guys I figured it out :D
« Last Edit: 09, June, 2019, 06:16:57 PM by Foreclosure » Logged
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #44 on: 07, June, 2019, 11:53:54 PM »

Okay, so two quick things.

1. Did you try Venus 1, Mercury 2, Mars 54, Jupiter 3? Other numbers will act funny for Mars adepts (unless you change Mars by multiples of 10).

2. How do you have your classes organized?

View Profile WWW

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #45 on: 17, April, 2020, 02:56:59 AM »

And so, thousands of years later, I rediscover Golden Sun and finally get around to responding.
Oh yeah! Hey Pie Burritos; which version of the editor are you using again? I ask because you mentioned two values at the bottom.
I was using version 0.5.
Class requirements are checked from bottom to top / higher numbers to lower, and the first class to meet the requirements is assigned, so the order is very important. Make sure classes with higher elemental level requirements are placed after those with lower ones for all classes that share the same ID, otherwise the higher tiers will never have a chance to get checked.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Then the only way is to just painstakingly organize them all... It's too bad that there's no way to just move classes around on the ordering without having to edit every single spot.
If you mean what I think you mean, those are IDs for ability effects (such as ailments or debuffs) that those classes are more vulnerable against. Yeah, that's a thing.
I remember something to that effect included in the Golden Sun Reloaded hack. It would be nice to know what addresses corresponded to what weaknesses though!
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 20

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #46 on: 21, April, 2020, 04:14:18 PM »

If you mean what I think you mean, those are IDs for ability effects (such as ailments or debuffs) that those classes are more vulnerable against. Yeah, that's a thing.
I remember something to that effect included in the Golden Sun Reloaded hack. It would be nice to know what addresses corresponded to what weaknesses though!
Every number corresponds to the effect with that number, you can view these with the editor when selecting additional effects for abilities. You might notice there are a lot of similar ones, particularly for stat debuffs (-12.5% and -25% are different effects)

Class requirements are checked from bottom to top / higher numbers to lower, and the first class to meet the requirements is assigned, so the order is very important. Make sure classes with higher elemental level requirements are placed after those with lower ones for all classes that share the same ID, otherwise the higher tiers will never have a chance to get checked.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Then the only way is to just painstakingly organize them all... It's too bad that there's no way to just move classes around on the ordering without having to edit every single spot.
You could move the class data around in a hex editor
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #47 on: 22, April, 2020, 07:36:20 PM »

If you have even one empty class slot, then you could also use gsmagic to copy+paste classes.

As for the editor version (in response to you saying 0.5), you could try this version here. This is the last known working version of the classic editor before it died, and is especially important given what Misery said about effect stuff.

`Every number corresponds to the effect with that number, you can view these with the editor when selecting additional effects for abilities. You might notice there are a lot of similar ones, particularly for stat debuffs (-12.5% and -25% are different effects)`

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Chatbox
31, August, 2020, 08:40:32 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Being able to convert IPS files to text files to also supporting commenting, and convert back to IPS after changes.... sounds like a fun strategy? 
27, August, 2020, 10:37:30 PM
Salanewt: Hey, thanks! 
25, August, 2020, 12:59:22 AM
Foreclosure: Yo! Looking forward for this AI OVerhaul patch when it's finished :) :) 
19, August, 2020, 07:00:17 PM
Salanewt: That's awesome! I'm pretty good; been working on an AI Overhaul project and have made some nice progress in the past couple weeks; the goal for tonight is to add Deadbeard to GS2 and then I can move onto something new.
19, August, 2020, 01:14:56 PM
Awec: Ye not bad, just checked back in for updates on GS Reloaded really. Although now I'm looking back through some of my old forum posts, which is fun :D how are you?
19, August, 2020, 01:43:07 AM
Salanewt: It sure is! How have you been?
16, August, 2020, 09:40:57 AM
Awec: Yo nice to see this forum is still going
14, August, 2020, 09:06:44 PM
Salanewt: Hey! How goes it?
01, August, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, people!
08, July, 2020, 08:57:11 PM
Salanewt: That awkward feeling when almost a quarter of a year goes by without anyone posting a message in this chatbox.
27, April, 2020, 07:54:10 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: I'm having a thought. So I know Atrius's editor is slow at saving sprites.... So I've been thinking.   I am considering another console program.  This time, for importing and exporting sprites/animations. Image files (for sprites), binary files (for animation data), and maybe binary or text files for Settings. Would certainly be cool if it works out. - Console programs are fun, when you can (at least temporarily) cheat out making a full interface editor for them. =P
25, April, 2020, 10:42:07 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Tried to list those in order of importance, but anyway....
25, April, 2020, 10:37:59 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: GSHC, GS Speedrunning, /r/Golden Sun, GS United Nations, ToK.  Sixth one is border-line I'm not sure.
25, April, 2020, 08:00:21 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: (low as in <100)
25, April, 2020, 08:00:04 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: So while there are quite a few GS Communities out there. There are only up to maybe ~6 Discords worth even the consideration of joining, I think. Most of the rest of them have a fairly low member count. (Of which I can tell?)
14, April, 2020, 10:49:35 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: The Essential Age could be what it stands for?
13, April, 2020, 05:23:32 PM
Misery: Tea editor... that's a cute name for it
01, April, 2020, 02:42:48 AM
JupiterDjinn: Also my browser is sending two o f my messages srry.
01, April, 2020, 02:42:06 AM
JupiterDjinn: Just got the reply. Ok my question is: how can I get the tea editor on Android, because I already have an emulator. But no computer.
31, March, 2020, 07:18:29 PM
Salanewt: Sure thing!
31, March, 2020, 03:38:27 PM
JupiterDjinn: Can I have a question answered?
28, March, 2020, 12:50:13 AM
Salanewt: I want to shrink it down in size later, but yup!
26, March, 2020, 03:24:45 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: The news box is back? :D
19, March, 2020, 05:59:16 PM
Salanewt: Nice work hiding the searchbots Atrius!
19, March, 2020, 04:23:34 PM
Salanewt: I was wondering when I said that stuff! May need to work it out with Kain.
19, March, 2020, 07:03:05 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: (The simplest being to not accept char IDs pass 255, I think.)
19, March, 2020, 05:33:15 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Heheh.... I'm just testing. You pretty much gave it away. Hahah. It seems to look fairly convincing, but I'm sure there's an easy solution to preventing it.
19, March, 2020, 05:28:50 AM
Atrius: Whelp, there it goes... Just what I didn't want.  Have fun with that I guess...   
19, March, 2020, 05:20:25 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: So like. Replace the "e" with another "e"? Alright. Gotcha.
19, March, 2020, 05:04:41 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Good work.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise