News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by Rolina, 13, June, 2015, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

So, here's where we can talk about all the fun E3 news for the year!  This year, we have the following to look forward to:

Smash Direct
Bethesda Conference
Microsoft Conference
EA Conference
Ubisoft Conference
Sony Conference
Nintendo Digital Event
Square Enix Conference
PC Gaming Conference
Nintendo World Championships

Holy crap, that's a lot this year!  Something tells me this E3 will have a lot to talk about.  With that, I've got a party to throw on my end, so I'm off to get the last bit of stuff for it.  What are you guys most looking forward to?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

No idea... But Microsoft is probably going to talk about its Windows 10 products... including the HoloLens I bet. It has already been announced Windows 10 (at least for PC) is going to be released July 29th.... and that it will be a free upgrade for one year.

Windows 10
-Windows Hello - Basically a log-in platform with face-rec (via 3d infrared camera), pin, and fingerprint... etc. - Still think passwords are most secure... but I guess it could work with multi-factor authentication, I guess.
-Microsoft Passport - Like the above, but for websites, etc.
-Cortana (Your virtual assistant, although, it's probably just garbage.)
-Multiple virtual desktops. (Like what I believe Linux has... from what I've heard... despite never really using Linux.)
-Microsoft Edge (Replacement of Internet Explorer/Also known as Project Spartan.)
-Compatibility between switching from PC mode and Tablet mode... as well as accessing you data from any Windows 10 device... (I think?)
-DirectX 12 gets released... (Think of it as being two times faster than DirectX 11.)
There might be more I forgot to list... (I might want to see how long it takes to boot up to desktop on first log in?)

What I would be excited about if it was ever announced as becoming mainstream would be these two: (Not saying that anyone is working on them, but what I would like.)
-The ability to do wireless charging (And/or extremely long battery life.)
-Fanless laptops because fans make too much noise... especially if you ever decide to record something.

-The infrared cameras sound interesting as well... Imagine all the possibilities you could have when you have real access to depth in a real-life photo!

---
I guess I should look into what the others have been doing.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

So... Lucas, Roy, and Ryu confirmed for smash...

And there's a Tekken costume for Mii Brawlers?  Odd... wasn't that Playstation Exclusive?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Rolina on 14, June, 2015, 02:33:53 PM
So... Lucas, Roy, and Ryu confirmed for smash...

And there's a Tekken costume for Mii Brawlers?  Odd... wasn't that Playstation Exclusive?

Why would it be odd... if ya think about it, its actually quite odd that it is just a mii brawler. Namco are making Pokken afterall. Plus Tekken was never playstation exclusive... if i remember correctly tekken was also on the GBA... but yea if your talking consoles only then tekken 6 was on xbox..

For what games Im excited about... same as every year :P..

Nintendo

- 2d Metroid
- Golden Sun

That said, excited for more Fire Emblem

Microsoft

- Rumored Gears Trilogy HD (Gears 1 remake was confirmed to be in the works nvm a trilogy)
- New Gears 4 :P

Multiplat

- Metal Gear Solid V
- Rainbow 6

Sony

-meh... they will blow me away but noting on my radar atm.

Other games  and suprises too of course... Witcher 3 was the big suprise for me last year. Blown away by it and how it delivered... GOTY :P

Rolina

Holy crap, Nintendo World Championships.  Those were crazy.  Announced a new game, too!

Edit:  ...Well, I'm getting fallout 4 at launch.  Can't wait for Nov 10th~

Luna_blade

Quote from: MaxiPower on 14, June, 2015, 04:11:20 PM
Nintendo
- 2d Metroid
Has Metroid finally been confirmed this year?
Only thing I heard was almost a year ago. They were planning to release a 2d and possibly a 3d metroid.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

MaxiPower

Quote from: Luna_blade on 15, June, 2015, 01:54:00 AM
Nintendo
- 2d Metroid
Only thing I heard was almost a year ago. They were planning to release a 2d and possibly a 3d metroid.

Nah nothing announced... I just go into e3 with the dream of it every year lol.. This is the year, i have a feeling.

Rolina

Quote from: Luna_blade on 15, June, 2015, 01:54:00 AM
Nintendo
- 2d Metroid
Nintendo's conference isn't until Tuesday.

Nintendo World Championships was more of a sporting event, kinda like the Smash Invitational from last year.  Super Mario Maker looks pretty good, and they revealed a new game there called Blast Ball, I think.  That looks pretty interesting.

MaxiPower

Agree on the Super Mario Maker, looks awesome. Really looks like they put alot of work into it.

Rolina

I love that moment when they saw the three bowsers stacked atop one another.  That got a good laugh.  John Number's run on that final level though... that was crazy.  Blind, no deaths.

Menaus

I'll be waiting for the PC gaming conference for anything interesting.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Rolina

Well, if you missed EA... you didn't really miss anything.  Unless you really, really like sports.  Even the Star Wars and Mass Effect stuff was barely there.

Menaus

Yeah, nothing from EA has impressed me lately. It has just been a bunch of disappointment. Mass Effect 3 (along with 2) has confirmed Bioware's writers inability to write, and Battleftront seems to be very very lacking in terms of content.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

MaxiPower

Yet again Ubi is King... they win e3 for me every year.

Rolina

FF7 remake confirmed.  I'm done.  I'm done!  Forget all the other conferences, we FINALLY EFFING GOT THIS!

Wolf

The Last Guardian is FINALLY ready... I hope.  Sticking that on my list along with Dreams.

Rolina

I'm not sure what to think about Dreams.  Media Molecule's games haven't been my thing until now, but I've also had some kind of idea of what type of games they were.  This time... I'm not sure what this is. :/

Anyone know something I don't?

Wolf

In Dreams, motion controls are used to create more fluid movement, sculpt objects, and pre-set actions among other things.  Think of it as LBP, which already has great game creating tools, mixed with a 3D game engine and animation program.  Creating a masterpiece will take time and experience, but players should be able to access other user creations too.

Did you see both the tech demo and the trailer?

Caledor

Quote from: Rolina on 15, June, 2015, 10:34:36 PM
FF7 remake confirmed.  I'm done.  I'm done!  Forget all the other conferences, we FINALLY EFFING GOT THIS!
God i'm crying i hope they don't scew up on this one.

Menaus

Dark Souls 3 was confirmed... This is good, very good. Because Miyazaki is directing it this time.

www.darksouls.jp

MaxiPower

The Last Guardian looked meh... the promise of what the story will deliver no doubt will be awsome but that portion they showed was awful. felt like the camera was getting in the way and the player was making it more dramatic than it was.

The Griffen is obviously going to die. Start of trailer it shows multiple arrows stuck into it. Or maybe the Last Guardian is the boy himself... A play on words. In the end he could die to save the griffen. :P

Rolina

Quote from: Wolf on 16, June, 2015, 12:58:04 AM
In Dreams, motion controls are used to create more fluid movement, sculpt objects, and pre-set actions among other things.  Think of it as LBP, which already has great game creating tools, mixed with a 3D game engine and animation program.  Creating a masterpiece will take time and experience, but players should be able to access other user creations too.

Did you see both the tech demo and the trailer?
Yeah, but... I couldn't really make much sense of it.  Seemed more like an Art program, like the one that Nintendo just put out on Wii U.