News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Boss Battle against Karst and Agatio in my hard mode

Started by isaac3000, 11, August, 2015, 10:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isaac3000

I am using the all familiar editor Atrius made, to make a hard mode for TLA. Of course, it is nothing as amazing as you guys are capable of doing, since I have zero hacking skills, but I thought it is interesting at least. I want to provide a different experience for the game, for people who still play the game every now and then (I at least once a year go through the whole series for example).

Anyway, this is the battle against Karst and Agatio (beta), the sprite for the psy bomb is different now. I mostly want you to judge the difficulty of it, and if possible explain to me, how I can make the summons do less damage without lowering Agatio and Karst' HP.

I am curious for your feedback and thanks in advance!!

Here is the link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUiVo4Qy2eU

Salanewt

Not bad at all! It looks and feels familiar, yet has been changed enough where one can tell.

I'm just a tiny bit curious, but are you willing to talk a bit about some of your new items?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

isaac3000

Well, I did not create many items, but the new ones are:

Charm, which has the same function as Tonic, single target one ally.

Angelic Brick/Stone/War: Consumable items that have the same function as the guard aura with a damage decrease of 50%, 60% and 90% respectively.

Burning Pepper: Has the same function as Impact.

Psy Grenade: Inspired by Dark Dawn's infamous bomb, which targets 3 adepts and decreases the PP by 30.

Psy Bomb: Stronger version of Psy Grenade, decreases PP by 150.

Fire Bomb:Has the nova animation and does about 200 base damage with a range of 5.

Black Sword: A sword (looks like a rusty one, not cursed), which increases the users attack by 70 and defense by 5, increases Mercury Power by 30 and Mars power by 15. Unleashes Critical Hit (a new unleash, I want to change the animation though) with an unleash rate of 40%.

Princess Bow: For the girls, increases defense by 35 and recovers 10 HP and 5 PP.

And I also made the 3 boots usable.