Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 06, 2019, 01:37:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boss Battle against Karst and Agatio in my hard mode  (Read 2387 times)

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« on: August 11, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »

I am using the all familiar editor Atrius made, to make a hard mode for TLA. Of course, it is nothing as amazing as you guys are capable of doing, since I have zero hacking skills, but I thought it is interesting at least. I want to provide a different experience for the game, for people who still play the game every now and then (I at least once a year go through the whole series for example).

Anyway, this is the battle against Karst and Agatio (beta), the sprite for the psy bomb is different now. I mostly want you to judge the difficulty of it, and if possible explain to me, how I can make the summons do less damage without lowering Agatio and Karst' HP.

I am curious for your feedback and thanks in advance!!

Here is the link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUiVo4Qy2eU
View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »

Not bad at all! It looks and feels familiar, yet has been changed enough where one can tell.

I'm just a tiny bit curious, but are you willing to talk a bit about some of your new items?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:24:54 PM »

Well, I did not create many items, but the new ones are:

Charm, which has the same function as Tonic, single target one ally.

Angelic Brick/Stone/War: Consumable items that have the same function as the guard aura with a damage decrease of 50%, 60% and 90% respectively.

Burning Pepper: Has the same function as Impact.

Psy Grenade: Inspired by Dark Dawn's infamous bomb, which targets 3 adepts and decreases the PP by 30.

Psy Bomb: Stronger version of Psy Grenade, decreases PP by 150.

Fire Bomb:Has the nova animation and does about 200 base damage with a range of 5.

Black Sword: A sword (looks like a rusty one, not cursed), which increases the users attack by 70 and defense by 5, increases Mercury Power by 30 and Mars power by 15. Unleashes Critical Hit (a new unleash, I want to change the animation though) with an unleash rate of 40%.

Princess Bow: For the girls, increases defense by 35 and recovers 10 HP and 5 PP.

And I also made the 3 boots usable.
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 04, 2019, 11:48:57 AM
Fox: (Uh... Ignore "Love" at the beginning... I think I started to say it in a different way, then changed my mind.)
December 04, 2019, 11:47:50 AM
Fox: Love gsiconcompressor has been updated... Mainly an attempt to make icon editing a bit more straight-forward than ever before. Although, the coding wasn't exactly that straight-forward.
November 14, 2019, 01:50:02 PM
Fox: So like... a layers offset might normally be located at +0xC, but in Tennis, it is at +0x10)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:51 PM
Fox: (Talking about the data in map header thingy.)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:10 PM
Fox: So took a look at Tennis.... Seems Atrius's editor displays all maps incorrectly because he forgot that some stuff was offsetted by 4 (You know with everything from layer offsets and files/etc.)  Fix that, and it seems to display properly. Hm.
November 14, 2019, 06:18:29 AM
Fox: That is a quote I found somewhere. How amusing. xD
November 14, 2019, 06:18:06 AM
Fox: only canadians give up dont be a canadian
November 11, 2019, 03:27:02 AM
Salanewt: Especially since there might be a v0.5.1.1 in the near future, if any bugs are found by people playing the demo.
November 11, 2019, 03:26:38 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, so for people who aren't aware; v0.5.1 of the AI Overhaul is available on the Discord, but I'm delaying the creation of a downloads page + topic until I finish the demo.
November 02, 2019, 12:05:31 PM
Fox: And yeah, there's a topic for the Discord. in News & Announcements (http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2831.0)
November 02, 2019, 11:55:00 AM
Fox: Went to go study some German a little earlier. (Using duolingo to give it a try.) ... And. Huh. German capitalizes all nouns? (Not necessarily pronouns, though.)
November 01, 2019, 07:49:25 AM
thenightsshadow: Didn't realize there was a Discord at all.
October 31, 2019, 07:22:02 AM
Fox: (Which I guess not having Special badges in inventory was by purpose.... So I'll ifnore that bit. Just whats with the dup Halloween badge in inv?)
October 31, 2019, 07:18:26 AM
Fox: Question about badges = Why do I have two of the same Halloween badge in my inventory... but not on my profile? And by two, I mean the Honk badge is not there.
October 31, 2019, 06:56:26 AM
Fox: Does tns want to join the most active part of GSHC? - Its Discord? :D  And welcome back!
October 31, 2019, 06:52:17 AM
Fox: (Ofcourse it would be capitalized if it were the name of a system, and anytime that system would be referenced... but I'm more going with why we *never* see Psynergy and Djinni not capitalized.)
October 31, 2019, 06:49:58 AM
thenightsshadow: Yeah, just kinda got an email out of nowhere and it reminded me.
October 31, 2019, 06:42:40 AM
Fox: and main reason I said "not intended to become part of English" ... was because I thought of words like "animals"... and they can technically still be lowercase at times.
October 31, 2019, 06:41:17 AM
Fox: group/type/thing/whatever
October 31, 2019, 06:38:54 AM
Fox: Not saying it is exacly that... but it is a thought, at least.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise