News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Wich Is Better?

Started by squizzy44, 07, October, 2009, 03:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wich one would you rather play?

golden sun
0 (0%)
golden sun the lost age
7 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 6

squizzy44

Rolina

Moved to General Golden Sun.

Also:  Isaac is infinitely better than that stupid wannabe clone.

Salanewt

Well, the are both really good. The first Golden Sun has a pretty good storyline, and so does the second, so...

I have voted for both.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Sajin

Unfortunately I only played the first Golden Sun once so I never got to actually replay it to recheck the story...Anyway, my vote goes to golden sun the lost age.
But both are two of the best games I ever played (although it's pointless to say since this is a Golden Sun Community :p).

weckar

I wonder if anyone notices that I voted both :p

Salanewt

Quote from: weckar on 07, October, 2009, 03:50:00 PMI wonder if anyone notices that I voted both :p
If they didn't before, they will now.

Oh yeah, I also voted for both.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

weckar

Quote from: Salanewt on 07, October, 2009, 02:55:00 PMIf they didn't before, they will now.
That would kinda be the joke...

Salanewt

I know it is.

Anyway, I would have voted for Golden Sun 2 by itself, but I think that Golden Sun was a bit more interesting (by a decimal number percentage anyway, not by any whole number difference).

Have a nice day.

Zach

Unfortunately, I've only played the Lost Age and a little bit of the first one (up to the Mercury Lighthouse), so my vote goes to TLA  

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oops, turns out I'm number 3 to vote for both, hopefully no one knew that ahead of time.

This was written ahead of time (before I actually voted for them), so let me vote for them now.

I should really play them again some time, and if I do Golden Sun 1, hopefully I will choose the emulator [instead of that GBA like I did the last time I was playing through it] (not to mention I stopped at the end of Venus Lighthouse, however, I have seen what happens afterwards before, I think, but it is not so clear as long as it has been.... (sine that first time I beat it) )

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Oct 7 2009, 08:59 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Aile~♥

Cool people vote for both. Like I did. SO THERE.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

squizzy44

golden sun 2 is the best for the most part, apart from the features from 1 as well as new features is has much better battle sequences. but it has not got as good of a storyline.     ps alex rules  

Aile~♥

The second one has better storyline in some ways. Less plot holes in the second. For example, early in the first game, Ivan finds out that he is an Adept from reading your mind. Yet when Master Hama (Hama in the first game, Hamma in the second. LULZ) tells Ivan that he is an Adept, he completely denies it!

Salanewt

Oh yeah, you are right... I never really thought about it, but...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wait, doesn't Ham(m)a tell Ivan something different, but along those lines?

Have a nice day.

weckar

yes, she says Jupiter adepts. Up 'till that point, Ivan only knows of Mars and Venus (Mercury clan doesn't count, ever)

Aile~♥

Then there's the thing with the bandits. He gets told about Hammet heading to Lumpa 3 times! The first time, he pretends he doesn't know what Lumpa is, the second time, he acts surprised, and the third time, he says: "Oh no... Dodonpa wouldn't miss an opportunity like that..." as if he just heard the news for the first time!

Ivan obviously has short-term memory loss 1|_|1z (lulz)

@Weckar: He ought to know about Jupiter and Mercury as well, from reading Isaac/Garet's minds regarding the Elemental Stars.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Oct 8 2009, 04:04 PM

Salanewt

Yeah!!!

In my opinion (other than Yoshi) Golden Sun has some of the best characters, but they have major flaws.

So, this has given me more to think about... Anyway, at least one bad thing about each character:

Isaac is the original mute, and he miraculously gets his voice back around the same time that Felix loses his... Anything suspicious going on here? It also looks like he willingly gives up the 'spotlight' to Felix.

Garet is the leader-wannabe, and he also has a crush on Jenna.

Ivan has short term memory loss. I suppose this is from being Hammet's servant for too long, and having to do too many chores. Anyway, remember how he "lost" the Shaman's Rod, despite him having nothing to do with its theft?

Mia is... Possibly has the best personality out of all of these characters.

Felix is the Isaac Clone, who jumped off of a very tall lighthouse to rescue a girl who is still younger than 16 years old... Besides, look at all of those floors! If an airplane crashes into the ocean from high, it is the same as it crashing onto the ground.

Jenna is the uptight sister who gets kidnapped by Saturos, Menardi, Alex, and her own brother... No excuses should be made, Felix was there at the time of the kidnapping, so...

Sheba is the fifteen year old girl who thinks that by fulfilling her "destiny", she will find out who she truly is (not knowing that she can't transform into Lucille Balle by going to Jupiter Lighthouse). She is also a bit of a snob, which makes me think that she wants to try out for one of those snobbish girls from the first Willie Wonka Movie.

Piers is a robot. HE IS FROM... INPUT: LEMURIA. As for most Lemurians having it... That is because the rest of them never say anything more than one or two different things (with the exceptions of King Hydros, Lord Conservato, and Lunpa (who technically isn't from there, but he lives there, so he is sort of like an immigrant)). I would rather have King Hydros join the party to be honest, at least he might have more of a personality when you use him.

King Hydros: Doom Dragon you fool! Can't you see that the lighthouses must be lit?

Doom Dragom: ???

Venus Tutuorial Djinni: Okay, he isn't a usable character, but I think he still has a good personality (for that short time, it nearly overcomes even Mia's personality).

Please, don't get me wrong; I like these characters. However, I think that they have some flaws... ... ...

Wait, the Piers but is also getting me thinking about Golden Sun DS... Remember how Conservato said that Piers would be unable to return to Lemuria, and that the King said that Conservato can not do that?

Well, what if, in Golden Sun DS, he is given the ability to do what he wants... Lets just say that something crazy like him overthrowing the government happens.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Oct 9 2009, 06:31 AM

Aile~♥

Sheba is slightly snobbish, but has personality.
Mostly she just thought that maybe at Jupiter Lighthouse there would be a clue. At the end of the game, it seems like she has a crush on Garet. As far as I can tell, that's what Mia is laughing about.
: Aw, poor baby.
: Sheba, what's gotten into you? How could you say that to Garet?
: Tee hee! I wonder...

Mia is not gullible, it seems like Alex got a personality change while he was away, as he said himself "I can't stay the same Alex you knew forever."

Piers does have a lack of personality, but that seems to be a common trait among almost all Lemurians. (King Hydros being the main exception to this rule.)

Felix just has an obsession with stealing the spotlight, as far as I can tell. However, he leaves an oddly bad-@#$ impression at the beginning of the first game with his line "Relax, you will not be hurt."

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I would say that those are a bit better for those characters, I think I shall add them sort of.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Sheba was a bit of a snob...

As for Mia being gullible, that is because I could not think of anything better to say. However, she is probably the best character personality-wise.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I have modified the post before yours.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Oct 9 2009, 06:31 AM

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that is right. However, doesn't Garet act like he also likes Jenna at times?

Have a nice day.

Anyway, we know that Isaac likes Jenna, Jenna likes Isaac, Garet likes Jenna, Sheba likes Garet, etc... But are we forgetting anyone?

5 males and 3 females, but I am guessing that the robot goes back to Lemuria to be reprogrammed, so... (I am kidding, I know that the robot is called Piers, but that might be his code name)!

Piers:

Player's
Intelligent
Electrical
Robot
System

Lol...

Have a nice day.