Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 20, 2018, 08:17:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zman's Remake Golden sun in minecraft project  (Read 21010 times)
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

Coins: 0

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »

Day 7 update.

Took a few days break due to not feeling well. But i finished Colosso 3, and went back and redid half of colosso 1 so its now accurate. so today is the end of the second area build (if you consider colosso 1, 2, and 3 to be connected)

Colosso stage 3 and complete
Spoiler for Hidden:

Despite being the biggest it didn't take any more time then the others, in fact i think it may have been the quickest, mainly because i'm getting use to building them. if i have the time down right, i generally spend 5 hours a day building these, (by hand) but while today did take 5 hours, i also spent an hour of that rebuilding half of colosso 1. I don't know if this means i'm also getting faster building golden sun maps in general or just the colosso maps.

Not sure what I'll do next. Have to look through the editor again to see what maps i can do. I have an idea where my strategy guide with the map pictures are, but its buried in the basement in some boxes... though if i do end up finding it, i'll be able to do just about any map no problem.

Also one other thing... I don't know if anyone was able to download the map files from the link in my first post... If anyone has any ideas for a better file sharing site that's free to use, let me know. I've never really used public file sharing sites before...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:29:51 PM by zman9000 » Logged

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »

I tend to use Mega.  It works rather well.

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 01:52:02 AM »

How large is the file?  I wouldn't mind hosting it here.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »

Its a standard minecraft file so it should be a few MB...
Last i checked its 16 MB, and that number will slowly go up after a while as i add more places.
though i would only have to store the one file since i'm just updating the same minecraft map.
its up to you Atrius.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »

Day 8 update.

the map is all Suhalla desert areas except the one room connecting to the tornado that takes you to the island...

Suhalla Desert area 1 and 2 complete, (area 3 incomplete)
Spoiler for Hidden:

I messed up a lot which made me take 8+ hours to build, the third area isn't complete cause it doesn't fit (again likely because it was a last minute thing/after thought since it connects to the offshoot area with the tornado that takes you to the island), and really i'm just done with sand for a while... lol. I might come back to fix things at a later date though it wouldn't match up completely so i'm not sure if i should or not...

Download here
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=81
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:26:33 PM by zman9000 » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 10:07:33 PM »

...Huh.

Seeing it laid out in minecraft like that really hits home about how small many of these maps were...

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »

...Huh.

Seeing it laid out in minecraft like that really hits home about how small many of these maps were...
Yeah, TBS and TLA were really good at making you take the long route through a room, or doubling back through the same room multiple times.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 11:50:49 AM »

No, I think it was the small screen.  Because you could only see so much of it, it made it feel much larger than it really was.

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »

Actually It was a combination of both of those, not letting you see large areas of the map with out doubling back.

As for an update. i haven't been updating on here every day like i wanted but I'm still working on the map. I've actually finished Tret's inside dungeon (not the out side because it doesn't fit.) and i'm having trouble figuring out what i should do about it.

I'm thinking about going through every map in both golden sun 1 and 2 to find all the dungeons/areas that have something in them that don't fit (aside from towns/inside of buildings)

There aren't many areas like that luckily, but the ones I've found so far are the following:
Tret, babi lighthouse, Altin Mine, and lumpa thief hideout...
I realize these are all in GS1 but GS2 is mostly clear, Though there may be one or two parts of aqua rock that don't fit and are off one block, but i'd have to check on that, its not exactly easy to get the right number of tiles counted on a single map, let along across multiple maps.

I'll either do all those areas before i post again or i'll do the Gabomba Statue cause I've always wondered about that one... in fact that might be one of the ones that made me realize the maps fit together (for the most part)

View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:04 PM »

Day 9 Update.

Not sure if i should refer to the updates by days anymore. I'm still working on this every day but i'm not updating it here every day. Well I guess it doesn't matter too much. Cause today I have a big update.

I'll keep the descriptions short

Tret's dungeon Inside complete
Spoiler for Hidden:

Its only the inside because the outside doesn't fit

Great Gabomba Dungeon complete
Spoiler for Hidden:

It actually looks like the outside dungeon, and the entrances and exits are in their relative respective places despite the dungeon being much bigger on the inside. I was impressed by this one more then any others so far

Crossbone Isle complete
Spoiler for Hidden:

This one is so bit it goes from bedrock to above the clouds, and it has everything except for the boat at the end... I will go back and build it once i figure out how too, though I won't have a picture for that update but i will let you know when it happens.

Tundaria Tower First floor incomplete/work in progress
Spoiler for Hidden:

The dungeon has an issue on the first and second floor where it doesn't align perfectly unlike every other room so far, but a few people I've been talking to have said i should build it anyway just altered sightly to make it work. I won't go into detail, but if you look at the first floor layout you should see the issue.

If you have any questions please ask. (Download link has been updated on first page)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:56:14 PM by zman9000 » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 09:40:50 AM »

Oh wow, throw together some nice decorative outside parts and the Gombaba statue would be totally legit, inside and out.  That's pretty cool.

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »

Yeah it totally would. Although the only thing i'm unsure about is the distance between each floor.

The way its shone in game the floors as I've built them could easily be right up against each other. but going from outside even the way i built them i looks like the mouth is way to close to the eyes.
If this is the case, not only is the distance between the floors off, each floor may in fact be a different distance apart from each other.

Still this is why I've been building multiple floor dungeons with plenty of space between each floor. enough room to separate the rooms with something like MCedit if someone wanted to, and also just enough room to put in redstone to make their respective puzzles.

Filling everything in is a job for another day. like i said before, for now i'm just going to build every dungeon in the game. Then if i feel like its something that i can do, or that it needs to be done i'll fill in the parts you can't see. But as it stands someone could totally edit these dungeons into another world to build golden sun if they wanted... as I've already gotten asking if they can do just that... lol

View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »

Day 10 Update.

Not feeling good today so i most likely won't be doing anything but resting in bed trying to not get any more sick then i already am.
So i'll leave you with this. enjoy

Mercury lighthouse Complete
Spoiler for Hidden:

Ran into a few issues, mainly dealing with the stair cases to the next floors being to small to actually build a staircase so i just put ladders for now. I also didn't build the very top as you technically teleport there and i'm not sure where to put it... though i may just add it in at a later time.

Only reason I ended up doing the lighthouse is because i got into a... sorta argument with salanewt/lord Squirtle about how big the lighthouse actually is. In the end he was right that it was much smaller then i thought but its a bit bigger then he was thinking,
I bring this up simply because if anyone is interested in making a round base around the finished lighthouse or at least calculate exactly how big that would be, i'm very interested in how many blocks/tiles/meters high the mercury lighthouse would be.
its not as easy as it seems cause if you were to build the roof where it is now, it would be shorter then it is wide... which clearly isn't the case for a lighthouse...

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »

What version of minecraft is this, by the way?

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2015, 05:33:03 PM »

The latest Official release version, 1.8.8
I plan on keeping it at the latest version when 1.9 releases, unless there is some reason not to, related to the project.

View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 11:05:28 AM
Drake baku: Good day to ya all
October 30, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
Atrius: There used to be where I got the battle sprites for Kraden, but that site doesn't exist any more.
October 26, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Infitek: Do you know if there any custom Alex battle sprites available on the internet ?
October 26, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Infitek: Hey everyone
October 13, 2018, 03:23:06 AM
Salanewt: Updated it to provide more info that I forgot to mention.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:48 AM
Salanewt: I'm still trying to iron out IQ 2 but I'm pretty sure it's entirely random targeting.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:29 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, I posted some more info about enemy IQ.
October 12, 2018, 09:51:27 PM
FoxThe HTML5 project is too small to count
October 12, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Luna_blade: there is jjppof's html5 project...
October 12, 2018, 06:19:17 AM
Luna_blade: Though Momo rings a bell it seems I came here after you left
October 11, 2018, 12:49:41 AM
Fox: (If that makes sense.)
October 11, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Fox: Yeah, I guess so.  More just saying that's a good place to get answers to GS related questions at the moment.
October 11, 2018, 12:42:28 AM
Crystal Sonata: I did before, but I guess I could try it again
October 11, 2018, 12:41:32 AM
Fox: Not much at the moment. This forum seems pretty quiet. Perhaps you'd be interested in joining the Discord for GSHC that seems to have more activity?
October 10, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Crystal Sonata: Any projects going on? I need a distraction from the daily grind and I'm interested in hacking GS again.
October 10, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
Fox: Thanks, and good to see you too!
October 10, 2018, 10:02:10 PM
Fox: A few people I'm sure... Most likely the regulars of the past. Such as Atrius, Charon, Role, Salanewt....
October 10, 2018, 03:11:17 AM
Crystal Sonata: I find myself wondering who still remembers me here. Obvs you do (Good to see ya Tea)
October 10, 2018, 12:46:11 AM
Fox: On second thought, it might be because you haven't posted much as Crystal Sonata.
October 10, 2018, 12:41:12 AM
Fox: And your intro isn't that bad. - I imagine most people would say the same about theirs?

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise