Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 20, 2018, 09:47:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zman's Remake Golden sun in minecraft project  (Read 19591 times)
Majora
Venus Clan

Coins: 0

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 08:56:02 PM »

I'm liking it.
Will you make the world files available for download? I can use WorldEdit and replace the Minecraft blocks with equivalent textures from Golden Sun. Maybe get a few Djinn walking around...

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2645.0
View Profile
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 11:35:28 PM »

Hm... Since people keep asking I must have goofed when i tried to explain it before...
All information related to the project is in the first post, including a link to the world download, its even set up on this site so just clicking the link i have on that post will download it.
or you can go the downloads section of the site and in the page for it it has instructions on what to do with the file.

If there's anything else i should include in the first post let me know. I like to try and keep all related information in one place for easy viewing, since that's how i'd prefer to have it presented for me.

O and I'm not too worried about what you do with it... I'd rather see it built then have my name on the title of the completed thing... although it would be nice... lol

I'll be starting up working on it again tomorrow since i'm about over my cold, and i'll have a new update then or i'll hold off until i complete a new entire area like i have been doing.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 11:23:03 PM »

Ah, so it is 1.8+...

Why not use some of the ocean temple blocks in the mercury lighthouse?  I felt it kind of odd it was all diamonds.

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 12:57:56 AM »

I'm not exactly sure how i want to go about adding detail. sure the diamond blocks are roughly the right color but i understand that having the entire thing one block type doesn't look the best.
Trust me it was something i had on my mind the entire time. in the end i just decided to get the layout down and add detail later.

I think i might at some point soon pick some small example rooms from a few different places and try building them out of a few combinations of blocks. see if i can find something descent for the few builds that are mainly built out of the same block.

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »

It's not just that - diamond is too... "clean".  Sure, it may be roughly the right color, but it's completely the wrong texture I think. 

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 05:28:13 PM »

Little update here. This project isn't dead. Just taking a break.
I'm in the middle of making another desert and the lumpa fortress.

The reason i stopped was because i almost finished the fortress but realized i messed it up in a way that i have to delete it and remake the whole thing. in this project I've had to do something like this 4 times and i didn't feel like doing it again at that time, but i will end up doing it at some point.

The other reason is that the desert while almost finished is missing a small area because the map is corrupted in the editor, the picture in my guide is too small to make out accurately, and the location  is a bit more then half way into the game so to get the information i need to finish it i need to play through the game, but i haven't had time to sit down and play the game just to see a small map area.

Since i really need it to be as perfect as i can get in minecraft i ended frustrating my self.
But i should have these two maps done and the file updated some time this month, after which i "should" be back on regular updates for a good amount of time.

Thanks.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »

Ah, that's fine.  I figured if nothing else, you're waiting for 1.9.  It'll sure as hell make building the Jupiter Lighthouse easier thanks to those lovely purple blocks~

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »

Ah that's right... I totally forgot that the next update has those blocks...
Well there isn't really a reason to wait since there are still a ton of places to build that don't need stuff from the next update.

But... I'll tell you what. Judging by how many times you have posted in this topic you are somewhat interested n this... So i suppose it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to make my first project after the next update comes out the Jupiter lighthouse.

For the Jupiter lighthouse, I've been both worried and excited to build it. The reason being that build will truly test my theory that all dungeons could be built in real life. this dungeon (aside from airs rock) might be the most complicated interweaving dungeon. not to mention there are also many things that need to align vertically.

I'll admit i had to fudge the construction ever so slightly in the mercury lighthouse to get that drop aligned up. but not by much, and it didn't change anything except the area between rooms, not rooms them self's. (basically it has a longer 'straight' hallway between the room you drop down, and the room before it)

I'm also excited to compare the Jupiter lighthouse to the mercury lighthouse. It might give me some insight on exactly how tall they should be and stuff with its other exact dimensions. I get the feeling i'll notice some interesting things.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2015, 07:13:36 PM »

Well, between spiraling stair cases and more horizontal ones you see in modern places, I'm sure that that should be easy enough to do.  I mean, stairways give you a lot of room (pun entirely intended) to work with, so do what you need to do to get them to line up as they should.

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2015, 06:44:13 AM »

Well, between spiraling stair cases and more horizontal ones you see in modern places, I'm sure that that should be easy enough to do.  I mean, stairways give you a lot of room (pun entirely intended) to work with, so do what you need to do to get them to line up as they should.
I'll keep this in mind. for some of the more resent Buildings I've given up on using stars, even if i do have enough space, since in most cases there isn't, and a ladder can be used to the same effect.

But with that, its onto the update.

Day 11 Update.

Lunpa Fortress
Spoiler for Hidden:

Aside from having to rebuild it (resulting in me taking a long break), the construction went rather quickly...
I'll admit there may be a few issues, ones that if i hadn't just finished rebuilding it, i'd go back, destroy it and rebuild it AGAIN. Aside from one room on the second floor that doesn't perfectly align (by one block), though you wouldn't notice it easily, while typing this i realized that i may have off set the entire second floor (by one block) which, in this case may be the cause of the error. So hey... thats... um... a thing.

Aside from that nonsense, I noticed some interesting things while building the fortress, and while i won't get into them here, its construction and layout is oddly detailed. something I've noticed in other structures. something i need to look into

Day 11 bonus (Unfinished Lamakin Desert)

Spoiler for Hidden:

Before the break This was going to be the next update. the larger area was complicated to get right and had to rebuild it a few times. it was frustrating, but once i got to the unfinished third area, i realized I couldn't finish it yet. In the editor, which is mainly what i use as a building guide, since the map view is detailed and even has a grid for the tiles, however the map for the third area is corrupt in the editor. not only that but the guide I have for reference, so i can tell how more complicated dungeons fit together, has a very small map for that third area. Meaning if i want to finish this map I'll need to play through the game up to this point just to get the map. I have no issues playing through the game normally since I've done so like 40 times. however it won't be much fun since i'll be rushing to this point just for the map. either way, this map should be done by the end of the year.

I should have another update soon, With the next update i'll update the world file on the site, not doing it this time only because all it has is incomplete buildings and and complete ones i need to fix... constantly apparently. (also haven't noted their locations at the spawn area)

edit: updated front page of this topic, all information for this topic can be found there.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:00:58 AM by zman9000 » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2015, 06:58:04 AM »

So... when you get all the dungeons done, are you gonna tackle the overworld?

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2015, 07:14:51 AM »

I'm not saying no to that... but if i can get like... 100 people to help me over the coarse of like 3 years, then maybe...

After dungeons I may do towns. I've thought it over and I've realized, this is a fan project. even if you can't go in the tiny buildings, it would still be cool to have the town.
besides, is there any building in any town that's more memorable then the town its self? there may be a few but they are generally at the and of a town, so those could be built, but smaller normal houses in the middle of town won't work.

Then after towns are done (assuming i still care as much as i do right now) I'll begin connecting dungeons and towns that can connect. example being lunpa fortress and the town.

After all of that, i have an idea of what i could do. I've thought of building the dungeons and towns into the world, not having them floating and above ground like they are now. while i wouldn't make the whole world, i would make the world, in the area around each location. like the main one i'v been thinking about would be "mt aleph" the town of vale, and the sol sanctum, all connected in a world. I think it would be cool to walk around that. and really once i build vale i could easily do it, but i think i'll wait until i have the locations finished.

View Profile
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 04:29:26 AM »

So... I went and did (the outside) of a dungeon I've been avoiding...
here you go...

Day 12 update
Air's Rock Exterior Complete.

Spoiler for Hidden:

So this was planned to be a 3 day project but it ended up being a 2 day project. its only the outside so its not the whole thing completed yet. The inside is so complicated (mainly because there's an area that won't match up perfectly right at the entrance which judging by how it looks was one of those last minute end of development changes) in short it will take a while for me to even get started on it due to experimenting so don't hold your breath, it might be a while before i finish this one.

Other then that the weird shape of it has got me thinking, though that's not important for this topic, yet.

Again I'm not updating the World download yet. My schedule looks like this...
21st: play through the first golden sun to be able to better view the maps so i can finish the desert i was having trouble with.
22nd: Finish the desert and plan next project.
23rd - 24th: small project i haven't picked yet. (edit: gonna most likely be kibombo mountains)
25th: experimentation with airs rock if i have time/feel like it
26th: update world file on site. and relax for the end of the year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:02:33 AM by zman9000 » Logged

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »

OH man... good luck getting the interior to match up.  I'm cheering for you!

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »

Day 13 Update.
Lamakin Desert Complete/fixed
Spoiler for Hidden:

Took an... ungodly amount of time to finish the last part of this map. between using the in game screen, the editor, and my game guide, all in combination to get a tile accurate version of the map...
Let me just say I've never been more thankful for the editors map viewer then now...
to put it in perspective. all i had left to do on this map was less then a third of it. the first part i had done a while ago took around 6 hours... for less then half of this last part, it took that same amount of time... total time for this map is around 15 hours of non stop building. the most time I've spent on any map so far by at least 5 hours. (Edit: should mention there is an area again in the desert that doesn't fit, its the area between the two halfs of the final area of the desert, i just have a make shift path there. Note that there's a chance that i may be able to fit it in and i'm just mistaken but it will take some experementing)

I stayed up all night finishing this... though to be fair my sleeping schedule was already messed up due to holiday stuffs. I suppose when you can't sleep, building something in minecraft is a great way to tire you out... especially this freaking map... lol.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:29:48 PM by zman9000 » Logged

View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
May 09, 2018, 12:35:37 AM
KyleRunner: The "Start In" field is not editable... I'll try making new shortcuts
May 08, 2018, 09:51:08 PM
Fox: If all else fails, you canmake new Shortcuts to do the same thing.
May 08, 2018, 09:49:53 PM
Fox: Export Properties > Shortcut (Tab) > Target / Start In ; Target (for Export) should be: (filename) 0 , and for Import: (filename) 1
May 08, 2018, 08:52:00 PM
KyleRunner: I can't change the path in properties menu...
May 08, 2018, 01:27:19 AM
Fox: You may need to edit something in properties, though... so it uses the exe file in the same directory.
May 08, 2018, 01:24:59 AM
Fox: It is suppose to be a shortcut, yes.
May 03, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, the "export" function in your text editor is just a shortcut... Could you please fix it?
May 02, 2018, 09:53:45 PM
KyleRunner: I come here everyday. I'm working on a Portuguese translation, and the people here help me a lot.
May 02, 2018, 08:56:07 AM
Drake baku: My feel as well, I posted a little as well since my return, but silence was all that followed... At least the forum is a great source for data when hacking GS/ GS2, currently looking for something I have read a long time ago cause my PP recovery psy is not working
May 01, 2018, 09:58:04 AM
Fox: I am thinking a lot of this might be because of Discord?
May 01, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Fox: Yeah, this forum is more dead than ever before.  February and April have 0 new topics. (All other months prior have more.) And March has lowest number of new posts. (It'd be dumb to count the very first month this site was created.)
April 25, 2018, 09:02:13 PM
Fox: Yes. The best tool is a hex editor. Well.... VBA, VBA-SDL-H, no$gba Debugger, GBATEK, and my documentation.... to use these to learn how the code/data works. Best method because it maximizes your editing ability... and then there is my program gsmagic that I was working on. Still in its early stages, though. (Even after year(s).)
April 25, 2018, 04:21:58 PM
Xendrox D: *exept tla editor.
April 25, 2018, 04:21:29 PM
Xendrox D: is there any other tool for hacking gs?
April 23, 2018, 09:26:27 PM
Atrius: Rarely, but not never.
April 23, 2018, 08:01:48 AM
Drake baku: Can it be, the god who created the editor, atrius. I heard you never came back online here anymore
April 20, 2018, 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
April 19, 2018, 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise