News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Which Game To Hack Next?

Started by Salanewt, 06, October, 2009, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHich game should we hack next?

Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons (alternating between the two)
0 (0%)
Shadow Run
0 (0%)
Soul Blazer
0 (0%)
Sword of Mana (or related game)
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
0 (0%)
Sonic Advance 2
0 (0%)
Mario Party Advance
0 (0%)
Lunar Legend (Please specify)
0 (0%)
Other
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Salanewt

Hello everyone. As some of you might know, there are a few of us working on hacking Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and we currently reside at Yoshi's Lighthouse. Anyway, once we have everything in this game discovered and out of the way (including a main editor, map editing, and able to edit graphics more easily), then we are going to start with a new game.

Please note that it will probably be a while before we start hacking any other game than Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

The reason why I am putting the poll here is because there are more people here than at Yoshi's Lighthouse.

Edit: Hello everyone! The poll has been finalized, so... It looks like (in a while) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance will be first to work on, as well as (at around the same time) the two Zelda games.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Oct 19 2009, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

You know, this may be a hard-vote so I won't vote YET, however, I'm feeling more for the Zelda games at the top of the list, it'd be pretty much interesting if we could figure out how those passwords work. (Think of it like the Gold Password in Golden Sun.)

Also a note: I have not beaten those Zelda games, and I probably only played the first tid bit in my whole life.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Oct 6 2009, 08:08 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Okay, sounds good. There is no particular time for the ability to vote in this poll to end (well, until this place becomes an archive), so you can take your time to choose.

I would have chosen the Zelda games as well if it weren't for some of the interesting things that are in Shadow Run.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Sajin

Hmm...Very interesting poll...I voted for FFTA but hacking the GB Zeldas also sounds VERY fun...
Since you asked for reasons I'll say that hacking the maps and the jobs or even create more jobs would very cool. But from what I know Salanewt isn't a Final Fantasy fan so it's pretty complicated to explain my reasons. (Since I am a Final Fantasy (and Square Enix's other RPG's) fan since I played my first final fantasy game...)

weckar

I voted MPA, because it will be a completely different game for you!

Also: "The reason why I am putting the poll here is because there are more people here than at Yoshi's Lighthouse." There are less-populated boards than ours?

Salanewt

Yes there are, such as my board (which welcomes out newest member today or yesterday).

Yeah, I agree that Mario Party Advance will be a bit different than many other games, even moreso than the rest of the options. However, I stick with Shadow Run for now (wow, each game either has one vote or none at all).

Have a nice day.

Hm... Speaking of Mario, I now have a good idea for Superstar Saga...

Lv11

FFTA could definitely use some tweaks and re-balances.  Game needs to be harder in general, enemy AI could be a lot better, etc.
I don't really feel like going into specifics but if you've played FFTA enough to master all of the classes you probably know what I'm talking about.

Salanewt

Yeah, I have played it. In fact, I have played all of these games, and own them. Anyway, I am sure that if a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance editor were to be made, then we would be able to do many interesting things.

However, my vote is still for Shadow Run, although I think that I might be one of the few people here to have played it.

Have a nice day.

I would have added games like Game & Watch Gallery 4 and the Simpsons Road Rage, but I do not think that those are very good choices, considering one of them is just several games, and the other one is about the Simpsons and driving problems... You can see why I chose most of these other ones.

Also, Mario Party has mostly games, but... Well, I suppose it would be interesting enough.

Edit: I never noticed your post sajin. One of the reasons why I chose for Final Fantasy Tactics advance to be on the poll is because there is job, map, and item editing (I want to make some otems give one ro two enemy only abilities), but also to add character cameos.

I want to eventually get around to editing most of these games, but I know that this will be some time, especially since I am working on hacking Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Oct 9 2009, 06:55 AM

Aile~♥

FFTA to Smash Bros. RPG would be interesting. I don't like Final Fantasy much, but this would be the best option for a Smash Bros. RPG, due to large party sizes, and large number of characters in general. Mogknight = Pika Knight? Naw, best keep the Moogles.

Edit: Also, REMOVE THE JUDGE. I HATE THE LAW SYSTEM. Or, just remove the carding system, and make him remove JP instead of sending you to jail.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Oct 9 2009, 01:56 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Well, I like that system a tiny bit. However, the amount of laws to follow near the end is kind of stupid (3 laws???), so maybe it can be made so the laws are different. I remember having Marche unable to do anything because he uses two blades...

I made him a Ninja, gave him the double weapon ability, and then switched him over to Fighter and gave him really strong blades. He can hit into the hundreds easily.

As for Moogles, I am not sure if I will keep them, since I am still planning on keeping the Vieras (women who look like bunnies, if you get the strange reference).

Wow, I am surprised that this many people voted for Final Fantasy. However, I suppose that we have to wait until this place is an archive before the votes will be finalised.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

The role of the Viera is effectively nullified by the role of Lucario or Shiek. However, Moogles have to stay. Gunners for the Win! Oh yeah, and Time Mages. Why? Because of Meteor.

However, in Final Fantasy I find it unreasonably difficult to figure out what weapon type a weapon is. Oh, and as for the "no blades" thing, just make him a Ninja and spam all those 4 MP Ninjutsu skills. Or make Marche a Mage-type class. That would be interesting. However, you'd need to start him as a Mage early on so that he gets the Mage MP growths.

Speaking of MP, It'd be a good idea to change MP to SP if we are going to do a Brawl RPG.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Golden Sun characters can summon Meteor.

Fox/Falco can use blasters, and Snake can use a real gun (I think).

Have a nice day.

However, it might be hard to base this off of Brawl.

The problem with making him a Ninja is that the Ninjas tend to have weak abilities, so I let Marche just use techniques instead. Besides, I normally have a few people with me anyway.

Also, it turns out that there is a Nu Mou (strange names!!!) class, I forget which one, but you can have a primary and secondary set of abilities plus the ability to use items.

Rolina

FFTA, onegai.

Why?  Because we can hack it to become GSTA.  How cool would that be?

Salanewt

Quote from: Role on 09, October, 2009, 07:37:00 PMFFTA, onegai.

Why?  Because we can hack it to become GSTA.  How cool would that be?
It sounds very cool. Anyway, I thought you were Anti-Final Fantasy (but I understand your reason for voting for it.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a Golden Sun based hack. I myself am planning on something similar to this.

Have a nice day.

Oh yes, it does seem like it could very well work for Golden Sun.

The judge should look like Alex, or even The Wise One, lol.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Lol, I would choose the Wise One...

Wise One: Red Card! Now you must fight a miracle...

Have a nice day.

I would choose theWise One too, since we know he's the "All Powerful" and Alex could later be used in a boss fight, f there is one, (Having a boss fight with the Wise One might be sudden death.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

I would think so...

Then again, Felix and co. manage to beat the Wise One's miracle, so...

Have a nice day.

Odd English names for some of them, don't you think?

Conservato... A conservative. It looks like Lemuria has different political parties, despite being run by a king.

Akafubu... Almost sounds like something you buy at a restaurant. However, the main, good characters have good names.

Sorry Conservato and Akafubu fans... If you exist.

Salanewt

Ah, now I see... Yeah, the Tactics games are much better, and some of the Final Fantasy games are pretty good.

Anyway, since I have never played 7, I forgot what you said befre much sooner (not sure why).

I think it hardly matters now if there are any more votes, but I just want to say one thing...

The game that gets the top amount of votes will not be the only game we work on hacking (unless none of the other games get more votes). We will work on hacking Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as well as the game that gets the second most amount of votes (however, my primary focus will be the game with the most votes).

I wonder how the votes would have been if I selected from some of my N64 games?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Hmm?  When did I ever say I didn't like final fantasy?  Yeah, FF7 is an overrated piece of crap, but I'm a huge fan of the Tactics Team, and love most other FFs other than 7.  Since, you know, 7's a piece of crap.

Also:  There's no such thing as 11 or 14.  If you ever talk about those non-existing games, I will kill you.  No such games exist.

Now, I do get upset when people confuse the mechanics of GS and FF.  I also get annoyed when people try to 'rebalanced' GS by inserting FF mechanics.  That DOESN'T work, and defeats the purpose.