News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

About some items I did....

Started by isaac3000, 20, September, 2015, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isaac3000

Hello everybody, I have a question and need your help.

I created some items for my hacked TLA hard mode I do, they have the same properties as the Djinn that create shields.

When I tried them out, any of my party members can use them.

So in order to provide some difficulty, I gave to some enemies those items as well, the problem is, not even one monster does use them. They use other items though, so the DO use items, but not these particular ones.

The items are effect only, on an ally with a range of all. The guard Aura enemy move, is an utility. I changed them to utility but the problem remains....any ideas?

After this problem, I am ready to release my hack, If I can't fix it, I will the game without those items!! So excited!!

Thanks in advance!

Caledor

Quote from: isaac3000 on 20, September, 2015, 04:29:17 PMSo in order to provide some difficulty, I gave to some enemies those items as well, the problem is, not even one monster does use them. They use other items though, so the DO use items, but not these particular ones.
This is not surprising. If I had to make a guess, I'd say that the enemy AI considers only certain item IDs to determine what to use in battle and when, and completely ignores the other item IDs for any reasons (no enemy was given that item or the item doesn't exist at all). This means that any item you create will never be used by enemies.

isaac3000

An other item I did though, it is called Burning Pepper, and functions the same as impact, they use it without any problem...weird...

Salanewt

Just to clarify, but are they consumable or reusable items? I can try finding out next time I take a look at the AI code, but if I had to guess it could have something to do with that. Either that or the AI may only like to use items that do basic things like healing or damage for multi-target... wait, other multi-target items work, right?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

isaac3000

Consumable Items that function as Shield, they reduce damage by certain percentage. If by other multi target items you mean Bramble Seed and such, yes they work just fine, also, an item called Fire Bomb I created, is used as well. Only the damage reducing items are not used...

Aile~♥

Does the Burning Pepper actually trigger Impact when used, or does it trigger a new ability with the same effect as Impact? 'Cause if its use effect is actually Impact, that might explain something. In particular, if the Burning Pepper's use effect actually is Impact, try making the shield item's effect an already-existing shielding move, such as Guard Aura.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]