News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I want to show you guys my work!!

Started by isaac3000, 21, September, 2015, 01:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isaac3000

Hello everyone, I wanted to find a way of fixing a problem with some items I had but then I thought it wasn't so important, anyway, I want to show you guys my Hard Mode TLA patch.

First of all, thanks Atrius for this amazing editor! I can't stop praising this!!

Also, I have no hack skills whatsoever, so I just played with the already existing stats provided in the editor, which means no new animations no Summon HP% debuff(I would like someone to explain to me how this is done though).

The idea behind this is to make a difficult mode for TLA, for people who replay the game and want a new experience, for the fun of it.

Monsters are tougher, I raised their stats, and gave them more moves. Sometimes they just have a bigger in 8 chance to use their particular move, sometimes they have different Psynergy Spells. I hope I implemented well this idea.

Characters have been debuffed, Sheba for example starts of as very fragile, Felix is powerfull but has little PP at first, Jenna is an allrounder, with mediocre stats.

Djinn buff less, and always a total of 8 points, for example, some Djinn give 4 HP and 4 PP and some other 3 HP 2 PP and 3 Def.

Summons are nerfed, at a decent level, the main 16 have a base power of 10-30-60-100, zagan has 20, haures 140, charon 270, moloch 80, coatlicue 100, azul 200, megaera 50, ulysses 110, deadalus 70 and 180, iris 350, flora 60, eclipse 140, catastrophe 230. Since the HP% is the same, unfortunately they still do tons of damage to bosses. Also, some summons require more stand by Djinn.

Speaking of bosses, I made them as hard as I could, some have company while battling you as well.

Gear is balanced (I hope), but gear at the end of the game is more of extremes, for example, the cursed gear raises Defense much! But reduces resistance a lot, and not only resistance some times.

Psynergy is more powerfull, this makes it more usefull, but also more dangerous when cast by enemies.

Classes for team Felix are different from team Isaac (but they have the same names though, apart from a few, I am not good in naming things). Felix and Sheba's base class are different from Isaac and Ivan's base class. The item tied classes, are classes of extremes, each raise 2 stats good, 2 stats mediocre and 2 stats very little. For example, tamer has 100% for HP and PP, 40% attack and 30% defense, and 180% agility and luck. I thought this is a good idea, I would like to see your opinion on this.

I think this is it for the most part, I hope I did everything right, I would love to hear your suggestions for doing stuff better, and if someone gets to try it out, I would love to hear some feedback and impressions!!

Also, I used the Blacksmith Fix patch. Whoever did this, thank you so much!!!

So I am gonna upload the patch in the download area if I need some special permission for this that I am not aware of, feel free to delete it!

PS: You can transfer a password from a normal Broken Seal game, everything gets changed according to this patch, I have tried it out.

PS2: Ok fixed the problem, I uploaded the correct patch, but 2 times...can a moderator delete one?

Thanks again!!

Caledor

The general approach resembles a lot the one I used for my mod, which is making the game both more challenging and more balanced, so i'm definitively intrested in this.
Keep up the good work!

isaac3000

Thanks, Ι provided a patch for download here on the forum. Anyone interested and with free time can try it out!

And I know the idea behind it is the same with what you did, since I downloaded yours and test it out! I will tell you my impressions on it!!! :happy:

isaac3000

Uhm...I saw some people have downloaded my hard mode file...and I am really curious, anyone who downloaded it and tried it out...is it good?bad?terrible?Do you think it IS hard or didn't I accomplish in the end anything at all?

Any opinions you could share? I don't want to be bothersome or something...but I would like to know! :?:

Thanks in advance!!